“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Both times I have been to Cafe Bella for lunch I had the Chicken Baresa and it was absolutely scruptious! The food is to-die-for delicious - authentic Italian! Only drawback is that they don't sell wine but the food is delicious!
gail

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank Gail D

“Needs work....”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I brought my husband to Oak Harbor to show him where I was born and raised...we went downtown and decided on cafe Bella for lunch...when we walked in I was a little disappointed at the atmosphere....they did have some neat pictures on the wall but it was to exposed to the shopping area and felt more like a food court at the mall instead of a restaurant...we were promptly seated and another group came in shortly after us...we were disappointed by no wine or beer and our drink order was taken at the same time as the table behind us...they also had their food order taken first and recieved their food first...I got the lobster ravioli which was good but for what I paid I only got 4 silver dollar sized ravioli in s cream sause with a few sauteed mushrooms...a little disappointing....I would go back after some time for them to get things straightened out ....

Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An underwhelming experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife saw that this new restaurant had opened where a pizza buffet had been before, so we decided to give it a try.

Firstly, their slogan is "We do things the old fashioned way".

The atmosphere wasn't very different from the pizza buffet place that was there before, maybe some different pictures on the walls, maybe.

Many of their menu items appeared to be very Americanized Italian food (such as Mozzarella sticks). Which I don't have a problem with, but it doesn't fit with their slogan.

We ordered a pizza with sausage and pepperoni and an appetizer of mozzarella sticks. They got the pizza order wrong, even though they read it back to me over the phone (this was a carry out order). They made it with sausage and red peppers, not pepperoni. So I took it back inside and they corrected the problem after about a 10 minute wait.

Got back home. The mozzarella sticks were clearly mass-produced frozen, and not very good ones at that. The breading and cheese were fairly tasteless. Half the order (2 sticks) got thrown away.

The pizza tasted like it had no sauce on it at all and was rather flat and lifeless. The taste was flat and lifeless as well, the crust particularly so.

Maybe their other food is better, but I won't be trying them again.

If you want fantastic authentic Italian food in Island/Skagit counties, you can't beat Il Granaio in Mt Vernon. The other reviewer who said Cafe Bella was the best Italian food within a hundred miles clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.

• Visited November 2011
Oak Harbor, Washington
“excellent restaurant in OAK HARBOR!”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My Wife and I ate at Cafe Bella in Oak Harbor, WA and the food was excellent. Sal (The Owner and Cook) is an excellent cook who grew up in Queens and brings the quality taste from New York to Oak Harbor. The prices are excellent and the Italian food is better that other restaurants hands down within a hunded miles. People should remember this place as it sits in a back area of a small mall area (6 store or so). Bread was fresh and hot and top off your dinner with an excellent Cheesecake.

• Visited October 2011
16 Thank JBHawkes
“Simple and scrumptious.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The restaurant has only been open two months, but seems to be doing fairly well so far. There were a decent number of customers when I went and it was definitely due to the food. The offer traditional Italian meals and have amazing desserts. The menu is short and simple. The owner seems to also be the main chef. It's a small kitchen and the food can take a little bit to get out, but the portions are large and the bill is not. The waitress I had seems to be fairly new at waitressing in general making minor "rookie mistakes" but over all I enjoyed it and will be returning. By the way they also offer a 10% military discount!

13 Thank Longshot512