All reviewsbagelsper nightbooking serviceminimal continental breakfastjacuzzi tubdefinitely stay here againstayed nightsroom was largeeach morninggaryfurnituremicrowavewalmartwindjammervictoriangroceriesrates
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Staff was friendly and beds were soft so it was a good stay. The prices were very good for the comfort level. As others have mentioned, the breakfast was basic continental so expect more of a snack than a full-blown breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Clean and quaint hotel. Very clean and comfortable beds. Decorated very nice. We were very pleased. The gentlemen was very nice at the front desk. The bathroom was clean. Front lobby was vintage and Victorian.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2017

I'm leaving today after spending 5 great days at the Acorn Motor Inn. I have previously stayed for 4 days and the Acorn made my visit to Oak Harbor a wonderful experience so I decided to repeat it this year. It was my home away from home. The room I have (211) is perfect. It is so clean, which is very important to me. 211 is at the front of the hotel (I had the back last time) and you can hear the road noise but it does quiet down later in the evening. The decor and furniture is so beautiful as well as the drapes. I had 2 very comfy chairs which I appreciated each evening. The bed is the MOST comfortable hotel bed I have ever experienced. The towels and bed linen smell fresh. There is a microwave and a small fridge in the room. The fridge does an okay job (on high) but don't try keeping ice cream in the freezer area. I could have had a coffee maker in my room but chose the coffee in the lobby each morning. They have big muffins and bagels, too. All the staff is friendly and helpful as is Gary, the owner. The free wi-fi in the room is a definite bonus. The hotel is close to anything you could want. There are three nearby places for groceries as well as a Walmart which are all within walking distance. There is a theatre a block away and several fast food places. This hotel is the most perfect destination in Oak Harbor. l will definitely stay here again and possibly longer next time. Thank you Gary and Acorn staff for helping to make my mini-holiday so perfect and memorable. You definitely made the hotel part perfect.

Room Tip: IMO all the rooms are great but it depends on your need for size. I will say that the suite at the top of the stairs is just fabulous.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

The room was spectacular, the price was awesome, the staff was helpful, and everything was quiet. Fabulous experience all the way around. Rooms near the San Juans can be crazy expensive, or an absolute hole and still overpriced. I only wish we had found this place sooner.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luannmason2015
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last year, it was nice and clean. This year, it was a clean but smelled of mold.
Bad!! price was $94when we checked in it went up to 111 a night, and I reserved two queens. They charged me again. $119.
I reserved through trip adviser, won't again, was no help. I won't use them again.
Nor wi I stay at Acorn again.mold smell was in the main entrance!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business