“A pleasant surprise ”
Review of Acorn Motor Inn

Acorn Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Walking into the room was such a surprise! The cleanliness, furnishings, continental breakfast, and tasteful decor make this the best room for the price I've ever seen. Don't let the older appearance on the outside fool you. Thanks we will be back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz S

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This place is awesome for the price. I stay here every summer when I come through. Beds are comfy, place is clean, and the owner is friendly and helpful. I'm not sure you could find a better deal in Oak Harbor.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise! Furnished in Antique style furnishings, it was a beautiful room. The room was very clean and the bathroom was modern. It is a older hotel but has been remodeled and very nice. The continental breakfast was simple, coffee, tea, juice muffins and bagels but adequate fro the price. this hotel was an ecellent value and the manager was very kind and helful. It is near many things so you can walk if you need to. Starbucks, graocery store, restaurant all near by along with a Walgreens directly across the street. Free HBO allowed us to watch movies in the room and just relax. Definately will stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was a find I just stumbled upon. Acorn is a older motor hotel however it has been newly remodeled... No smell of rancid smoke, no threadbare sheets, no stains all over the carpet and at a price equal to those dives. The owner is helpful and accommodating and the room comfortable.

No pool or excercise room but hey! They will take pets!

I will be making this a regular stop on my travels to Oak Harbor.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing away from the Main Street is quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank FriDave
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I saw the hotel on hotel.com then called to see if i can get a better rate. He quoted me slightly higher and he said it was impossible hotel.com was offering that rate. ???? I booked it with him since he was insisting to book with him. I called hotel.com and they said everything you see is true. I asked him when i checked in then he started to look at me with a rude face and a high tone voice denying. we just left it at that.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 400TOng
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am even upset to even see the name of this place. Long story short, we checked in (not so friendly but wasn't expecting anything). We were really sick the next day, so I called to see if we can request for a later check out. All I said was " Is it possible to get a later check out today?" Then the owner started to scream saying we need to come down right now and start screaming so loud that my friend could over hear everything what he was saying. We packed up very quickly then went down, and he started to scream again!! saying I will charge you. We said we had no problem paying for the room if we could stay bit later but why he needs to start screaming at customers. Its not like we were being difficult, but simply asked a question. Then he keep saying, I will charge you 50%, then we asked him to stop screaming and he said NO YOU PAY FULL PRICE NOW!! and charged my credit card.

I have traveled around a lot of places - city, remote places, camps etc.. but WOW never had anyone screaming at my face for no reason.

I will NEVER EVER stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Taylor M
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Upon entering, I felt at ease. Nice decor and welcoming. Excited to be on a date with my husband, far from Seattle, I felt we were given special treatment. We were upgraded to a king sized room at no extra charge. The room was gorgeous! The furniture was beautiful. The TV was huge. It was clean, cozy and inviting. I would have been happy just staying in and curling up on the love seat for movie night, but we had plans in Oak Harbor. A simple continental breakfast of toasted bagel and coffee was an added bonus. I could not have been more pleased with our experience. One of our best date nights ever.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel directly, you can skip the on line service charge. As if the price isn't a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 4 in Oak Harbor
Harbor Inn
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland

Been to Acorn Motor Inn? Share your experiences!