Acorn Motor Inn
Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
The Coachman Inn & Suites(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
$140
Wildwood Farm Bed and Breakfast(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
$99
Auld Holland Inn(Oak Harbor)
$129
$143
Orbitz.com
Hotel Planter(La Conner)(Great Value!)
$125
$177
$208
$189
Oak Harbor Inn(Oak Harbor)
Hotels.com
All reviewsbagelsper nightbooking serviceminimal continental breakfastjacuzzi tubdefinitely stay here againstayed nightsroom was largeeach morninggaryfurnituremicrowavewalmartwindjammervictoriangroceriesrates
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Like another recent reviewer, I can't understand why some folks are knocking this fantastic Inn. There is absolutely no other place in Oak Harbor where you can stay in a beautiful room with two queen size beds for $59. The closest price for similar accommodations was over $100 per night in Oak Harbor. I read the reviews that said the manager, Gary Wing, made some comments about preferring customers to book direct with the Inn instead of using a booking service (which by the way can take 8.5%-20% of the price of the room). For $59, I wanted to make sure they got the entire amount of the money, so they can keep the prices low!!! There was no problem with reserving the room by phone - we got exactly what we requested. Keep in mind that they have recently spent about $1 million refurbishing this place (I stayed there many years ago before the renovation and it was very "dated" back then). Like another reviewer said, "don't judge a book by its cover". It doesn't look like much from the outside because all their money for renovation went into their rooms. For example, our room (#219) had a completely tiled shower/bath, solid wood headboards on the beds, extremely comfortable "living room" type chairs (best we have ever had in a hotel); solid wood dresser drawer (with tongue and groove joints on the drawers), flat screen TV, comfortable beds, etc., etc., etc. The only "knock" on the place is that the room appears very small because the large and high quality furnishings!! Nevertheless, the room is extremely comfortable. The continental breakfast is very limited, but the muffins are huge! Keep in mind, folks, we're talking rates of $59-$69 for all this!! Make your reservation by calling Gary at the Acorn Inn instead of booking on-line. You'll help all future visitors to this outstanding property enjoy excellent accommodations at an extremely good price!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John J
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My daughter and I were extremely tired by the time we got to Whidbey Island so we appreciated a first floor room that was clean, pleasant, comfortable, and had free Hi-Speed Internet. It was well placed to local stores and as with everything on Whidbey Island, close to sightseeing. The breakfast was adequate. Certainly for the price, it was an excellent choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

While I rate this as average, the rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. It is not a 5 star motel but it was very satisfactory to us. Muffins and bagels with coffee and OJ for breakfast. A refrigerator in room and a microwave. There was a Safeway(6am opening) across busy street with a light, some fast food and a Walmart close by. There was a nice beach withing walking distance if you were a regular walker. I would stay in this motel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyable and restful overnight stay at this inn. Room was spacious and clean - parking convenient.
We didn't eat the breakfast offerings as had other plans, but noticed basic items were offered.
Good choice for overnight on Oak Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really don't know why there are complaints about the Acorn. I can understand being a little put out if you wanted a non-smoking room and none were available, but our experience at the Acorn was excellent! The room was large, very clean, and beautifully furnished. The bed was quite comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast, albeit limited, was more than adequate for a continental-style breakfast - blueberry muffins, bagels and cream cheese, english muffins, jams, etc., plus coffee and orange juice. Hubby and I stayed here one of the last nights of a 2 week road trip, and our experience at the Acorn was every bit as nice as several resorts where we stayed - some costing over $200 a night, while our room at the Acorn cost $69. I'm a picky person, too, yet I found nothing to complain about...well, maybe powdered creamer instead of half-n-half for my morning coffee, but that's it. I highly recommend the Acorn.

Room Tip: Room 106 is large with a king-size bed, non-smoking
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple