“Great Place-Great Price!”
Review of Acorn Motor Inn

Acorn Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm in my 60's and was traveling alone. I had booked a Queen Room, but the friendly gentleman at the desk gave me a suite, which was more like a 2 bedroom apartment, in a safe spot that had parking right in front. He even walked me to the room. The rooms were freshly painted and carpeted, with crown molding and lovely window dressings in all the rooms. The flat screen in the main room is enormous and there is another TV in one of the bedrooms!
I will recommend this to all of my Alaskan friends (and to all reading this)!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We just returned from a two day stay at the Acorn Motor Inn.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, even shifting our reservation at the last minute with no issues. But most importantly, our room was spotless. The bed was firm and comfortable and all the fixtures and furnishings were in very good condition. It appears that the building has had a recent renovation and the quality of materials and workmanship is all very good.
The grounds and building are also very well kept and neat and tidy.
We would not hesitate to stay again next time we are visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimw1964
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My brother and his family have stayed here before and recommened it and so do I.

The outside of the building looks a little warn, but inside has been remodeled. The room looked all new.

The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were a little thin. The room has big TV comfortable chairs, new microwave and fridge.

The shower was great lots of hot water.

The continental "breakfast" is coffee, bagles, muffins.

They wifi was good, the owners supper friendly.

Some of the Oak Harbor residents have loud mufflers, but road noise was not bad, but if that bothers you I would ask for a room away from the road.

The rooms are very dark at night, good black out curtains.

Near to lots of restaurants, Safeway, Coin Laundry, Walgreens.

Room Tip: Some of the Oak Harbor residents have loud mufflers, but road noise was not bad, but if that bothers...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Refurbished motel in Oak Harbor. We lucked into getting the Bridal Suite at the regular rate since it was the last room available for our reservation. Everything was spotless. The suite was more than we needed and the bathroom was at the other end of the suite from the bedroom. It was a long dark walk in the middle of the night. I expect that the rest "non-suite" rooms were layed out in the standard format and would not have this "feature".
Good value, nice accomodations, nice staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pcsdpo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had to stay there while we were moving from the Island to Florida! It was a beautiful room with a king size bed, the furniture was amazing, clean, tastefully decorated, I would highly recommend staying there. I was very happy with my week long stay

Room Tip: no pool or gym, but the rooms make up for not having that!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kym60805
Reviewed February 21, 2013

After reading reviews on this hotel on Trip Advisor, I made reservations. I was still very surprised at how clean and nice the room was! For $70/night, the room was decorated very nice and so clean and quiet. The outside of the building is older looking, but the inside is a pleasant surprise. It is walking distance to a public beach area, and close to shopping and eating places. The Oriental gentleman that owns the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. They had a small continental breakfast, stand-up style, no tables. I would go back again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Moesky
Reviewed December 17, 2012

What a great surprise in terms of quality and condition for a really bargain price - even includes WiFi, HBO, big flat-screen TV, continental breakfast.

My wife & I were looking for places for mini-vacations within a couple hours of Seattle and picked this hotel based on other reviews - and were very pleasantly surprised with what we found & experienced once we got there. Yes it is an older building from the outside, BUT ... the inside has been very tastefully remodeled and the rooms are spotless.

The A/C-Heater unit was modern and much quieter than many expensive hotels I've stayed in past 3 or 4 years, Flat Panel TV was large (I'd guess 42 inch) and carpets seemed very new. Shower-bathtub had tiling work and fixtures well above average for hotels, even the bath mat far above average.

Location is great for walking to Windjammer park on the sound, and for exploring town on foot. Plenty of groceries, fast-food and other dining within easy walk. General neighborhood seemed pretty quiet (Saturday night). I am personally bothered by noise at night, and had ZERO problem at this location.

Also notable, this hotel is PET-FRIENDLY, but call hotel directly to make sure you get the proper "PET OK" room, and likely the owner will also give you a better price. The owner can sound a bit excited on the phone when explaining things, but in-person he is just super-nice and anxious to help any way he can.

Just a terrific experience that I would never have expected given either the low price or the general style of the building exterior (it looks very plain on the outside).

Thank You Acorn Motor Inn - we'll be back often (with our husky Kozzi) !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Auld Holland Inn
Auld Holland Inn
#3 of 6 in Oak Harbor
Wildwood Farm Bed and Breakfast

Been to Acorn Motor Inn? Share your experiences!