“Outstanding”
Review of Cameron's Livingroom Dining - CLOSED

Cameron's Livingroom Dining
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cameron's has been doing business in the San Juan Island for 7 years,serving the loyal guest great food ,great decor and great service. We recently moved to our new location in Oak Harbor Wa . We still offer exceptional cusine, and a great dining exsperience. We are pleased to be in Oak Harbor and just a half hour from Anacortes. Join us for Lunch,Dinner or Sunday Brunch and see what all the great talk is about. Chef David and myself will take great care of your dining exsperience. Give us a call to reserve your table or please come on in and introduce yourself. Thank you from all of us at Cameron's
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stopped by with a friend after Zumba for a drink and an appetizer. Had the mushroom crepes and duck meatballs. Both were fantastic. Ambience is lovely too. Oak Harbor has needed this for a long long time. Prices are totally reasonable and I'll be back soon.

• Visited April 2013
cameron_morris00, Owner at Cameron's Livingroom Dining, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your time at Cameron's Cafe. We truely try and make our guest comfortable and ensuring your dining exsperience a great one. Thank you Thank you, Cameron Morris

Oak Harbor, Washington
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The food was fine, but not worth the upscale pricing. The crab mac & cheese my wife ate, had been raved about in the local paper. She didn't think it was noteworthy. It's been a while since we ate there, and I can't even remember what I had. In other words, it wasn't very memorable.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank RandyWall
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious dinner, excellent service, charming ambiance”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were looking for a caterer for our summer 2013 wedding, and had been told by a knowledgeable friend that Chef David Burdette and his longtime partner Cameron Morris would be an outstanding choice if they were available and willing to travel 75 miles to Bellingham. From our first telephone conversation I knew I was talking to true pros; Cameron was warm, thoroughly knowledgeable, and full of great ideas for our wedding, and Chef David presented us with a delectable menu at a reasonable price for the exceptional quality. We decided to visit the restaurant with a friend last weekend to meet Cameron and David in person and experience the food and their restaurant first-hand, and we had a wonderful time. We started with a delicious goat cheese torte with tomato jam appetizer, served with lightly toasted house-made baguette slices; it was absolutely delectable. I often judge a restaurant by the salads, as they are many times simply an afterthought. Not at Cameron's Bistro, however. The caesar salad had fresh anchovies and an abundance of freshly grated parmesan, and the signature salad of field greens was crisp and flavorful. My friend tried the lamb shank, which was mouth-wateringly tender with just the right balance of sweet and savory. I had the salmon special stuffed with crab in a lemon beurre blanc sauce - outstanding! My fiance tried the seafood pasta, which was brimming with all kinds of seafood in a delicious creamy sauce. And for dessert, we tried the creme brulee, the apple/berry crumble and the bread pudding - all out of this world, particularly as we enjoyed an after dinner glass of port! Our server was attentive and warm (though not annoyingly present!), and the ambiance in the restaurant is charming. All in all, a wonderful experience. Our wedding guests are in for a real treat!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Holly H
Denver, Co
“Good food, great service in a charming venue”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped on St. Patrick's Day for a late afternoon lunch. The setting is charming with dinnerware that made me think we were going to a fancy afternoon tea. Waitstaff were friendly and knowledgeable about ingredients. Wine and beer list were varied but some of what we wanted was out. Two of our group had the corn beef and cabbage. They liked it but didn't feel it was cooked quite well enough. I had the asparagus soup (creamy and delicious) and the catfish sandwich. I forgot to ask for slaw instead of french fries and they brought me slaw anyway at no charge. One of us had crab cakes she described as excellent. Wine pours were very generous and priced inexpensively. Cream caramel dessert was crisp on the top as it is supposed to be. The wide variety of the menu allows vegetarians to have a delicious meal along with meat and fish eaters. It wasn't busy while we were there so we could talk and be heard by each other.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nancy B
cameron_morris00, Owner at Cameron's Livingroom Dining, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Just wanted to say thank you for the review. We so appreciate your time and contribution to our feed back. We truly try and make it a great experiences at Cameron's. Thank you thank you
Best Regards Cameron Morris
oak harbor
“Will not be returning to this place again”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

After hearing about this place we decided to give it a try. staff was nice and was seated right away. I ordered the mushroom soup. it was pretty tasty. For our main course we ordered their "special" garlic mussels cooked in wine with with french fries sounded appetizing after the food came to the table. The mussels had a very bad odor. i was hesitant to taste it because of how horrible the smell was. took a bite and OH MY GOSH the taste of them was like the smell of them . it was absolutely disgusting. These mussels were not at all fresh. they were dead for a while I'm sure and were cooked. That is probably was why they were a "special" for 16 bucks. My two 4 year old kids even mentioned right when they had set the food on the table that it stinks.. i could not even finish one of the mussels. The second order we had was the vegetable pasta. very poorly seasoned, it was completely blah like eating plain boiled pasta alone. so i got the waitress and she spoke to her manager it took almost 40 minutes waiting to see if they were going to comp the meals or not. so finally the manager came and comped the mussels but not the pasta. even though i was not happy with the meal i took like two bites of the pasta. They offered me free dessert but refused it because i was afraid their products would have been expired.. Was not a pleasant experience, will not be returning. I should have just ate at McDonalds.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank A R
cameron_morris00, Owner at Cameron's Livingroom Dining, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you thank you for the really wonderful review. We try so hard to make everyone feel special and welcome at Cameron's Your review was truely wonderful. Thank you and hope to see yoou soon.
Best Regards