“Will not be returning to this place again”
Review of Cameron's Livingroom Dining - CLOSED

Cameron's Livingroom Dining
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cameron's has been doing business in the San Juan Island for 7 years,serving the loyal guest great food ,great decor and great service. We recently moved to our new location in Oak Harbor Wa . We still offer exceptional cusine, and a great dining exsperience. We are pleased to be in Oak Harbor and just a half hour from Anacortes. Join us for Lunch,Dinner or Sunday Brunch and see what all the great talk is about. Chef David and myself will take great care of your dining exsperience. Give us a call to reserve your table or please come on in and introduce yourself. Thank you from all of us at Cameron's
Reviewed March 2, 2013

After hearing about this place we decided to give it a try. staff was nice and was seated right away. I ordered the mushroom soup. it was pretty tasty. For our main course we ordered their "special" garlic mussels cooked in wine with with french fries sounded appetizing after the food came to the table. The mussels had a very bad odor. i was hesitant to taste it because of how horrible the smell was. took a bite and OH MY GOSH the taste of them was like the smell of them . it was absolutely disgusting. These mussels were not at all fresh. they were dead for a while I'm sure and were cooked. That is probably was why they were a "special" for 16 bucks. My two 4 year old kids even mentioned right when they had set the food on the table that it stinks.. i could not even finish one of the mussels. The second order we had was the vegetable pasta. very poorly seasoned, it was completely blah like eating plain boiled pasta alone. so i got the waitress and she spoke to her manager it took almost 40 minutes waiting to see if they were going to comp the meals or not. so finally the manager came and comped the mussels but not the pasta. even though i was not happy with the meal i took like two bites of the pasta. They offered me free dessert but refused it because i was afraid their products would have been expired.. Was not a pleasant experience, will not be returning. I should have just ate at McDonalds.

4  Thank A R
cameron_morris00, Owner at Cameron's Livingroom Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you thank you for the really wonderful review. We try so hard to make everyone feel special and welcome at Cameron's Your review was truely wonderful. Thank you and hope to see yoou soon.
Best Regards
Cameron and Chef David

Reviewed January 22, 2013

After reading the reviews I think we expected too much of this restaurant. We were hoping for fine dining cuisine, what we got was an amateur estimation. This restaurant is better than some, not as good as we had been led to believe. Cameron's has a lovely decor and ambiance. The staff were friendly, although I think our server was new as we had to ask for a wine list and to hear the specials and she tried to take our order while we were standing, taking off our coats, that not withstanding she was sweet. The prices are somewwhat inflated for the quality of the food, which really was not up to par. We had the special crab-stuffed salmon and the marinated flank steak. The crab really tasted off, either slightly old or really poorly seasoned. The steak was nice, but the house-cut fries were cold and limp. The creme brulee was okay, but the cookie they served with it was not good. Overall, we were disappointed and will not return.

3  Thank CassieJK
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We decided to give Cameron's a try for lunch one Sunday. We have eaten in that very same spot over the years, and Cameron's has made a huge improvement in both decor and food. I ordered the macaroni and cheese with crab meat. It was a generous portion, and nice and hot, right out of the oven. My husband ordered the chicken pot pie. We both just stared at it when the waiter brought it to the table. The only word that I can use to describe its size, is tiny. I have never seen a pot pie so small, unless it was a frozen Swansons'. It was very good though, my husband enjoyed it, the dish was deep, but measuring across it couldn't have been more than 4" at the long side of the oval. The difference in size was surprising, from mine to his. We ordered dessert which was very good. My husband ordered the pineapple upside down cake and I ordered a apple/cranberry cobbler. There again, my dessert was large, my husband's was not. We enjoyed our lunch, but we fell that the pricing should somehow reflect the size of the portions.

1  Thank Arline S
Reviewed December 3, 2012

After reading several positive reviews we decided to give Cameron's Cafe a try. We were greeted and seated right away. The dining room was very welcoming. The special of the night was red snapper with shrimp, artichokes and a lemon caper sauce. It sounded delicious so I gave it a try. The meal came with mashed potatoes and grilled asperigas. Our server recommended a nice wine to accompany the meal. The food was devine, the wine perfectly paired, and the staff friendly and attentive. We ended our meal sharing a delicious chocolate crepe. Cameron made the dining room rounds to see if customers were pleased with their meals. He took the time to briefly chat with us and invited us back to try one of his special holiday meals. I had a very impressive dining eperience and I look forwarad to enjoying future meals at Cameron's Cafe.

3  Thank Susan S
Reviewed November 8, 2012

First, Cameron's recently moved from Anacortes, WA to Oak Harbor, WA. Second, if you have dined at Fraser's in Oak Harbor, Cameron's is on the same level with better ambiance. We went in for Thursday evening dinner to just to try it. We fell in love with the food, atmosphere and staff. Had crab & corn chower, blackened cod and pumpkin white chocolate bread pudding for dessert. Excellent in a respects. Several long time customers of Camerons were there from Anacortes. They miss this place now that it's in Oak Harbor. Price is expensive but we paid as much at Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop a few weeks ago but did not enjoy the food as much as we did at Cameron's. Looking for a date night dinner experience. Go to Cameron's.

1  Thank Steven G
cameron_morris00, Owner at Cameron's Livingroom Dining, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

We would like to thank you for the honest comment and having dined with us at Cameron's. We truely appreciate the time you took to write your review. Please come on in and introduce yourselves the chef and I would like to meet you. We look forward to meeting you.

Cameron and Chef Daivd