“Quality Food at a resaonable price”

Seabolts Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ohio
“Quality Food at a resaonable price”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

After eating here the first time on a 2 night stay we liked it so much that we went again. The Calamari was the best I have ever had. It is a busy place, not very big, so at prime time there may be a wait for a table. I would rate the Food as Excellent and the atmosphere Good.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Rudolph2

• Korean first
Shelton, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Possibly just a off night for the resturant?”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My son and I were on our first visit to Oak Harbor Monday 07/01/13. We had traveled a long way and were very hungry. Being around so much water we thought seafood sounded good. I searched the internet for the best fish and chips and that is how we ended up at Seabolts. We arrived to a small packed restaurant (about nine to ten tables) and a few more outside that were also full. We stood by the font entrance waiting to be acknowledged but unfortunately this did not happen in any reasonable amount of time. Possibly this should have been a clue on how the rest of the dinning experience was going to turn out. Finally after a good 10 (at least) minutes one of the servers asked us how many in our party and asked if we would mind sitting a small counter area and we said of course. After being seating our server was quick to ask if we wanted drinks and get us water. Quickly after that she took our order. Cod fish and chips for me and a burger for my son. My son had wanted a bowl of chowder to start but they were out, oh well that's ok we had ordered and are food would be along soon. From our seats we could watch the cook and I was enjoying being able to watch some of the cooking activities to pass the time, hmm after about 5 minutes I am wondering why the cook hadn't started the burger yet? 10 mins not yet, 15, 20 so on. At this point we are really getting hungry and I am getting a little concerned on how long its going to be until we eat. After a 30 minute wait the waitress tells us she is sorry the food is taking so long and offers us some salmon dip and crackers which is very tasty but does little to help our hunger. I glance again at the grill, no burger..at this point I really just want to leave and get something to eat QUICK...Hmm I get the servers attention and ask her....Is the hamburger we ordered on the grill yet???? She goes and asks the cook and at last gets the burger on the grill...Wow 50 minutes into it and the burger is just now being cooked!! Once we got our food I did think the fish and chips were very good. My son liked his burger ok. He ordered it medium and it came pretty pink but really at that point waiting any longer was out of the question. It was an interesting experience. Im not sure if it was just a off night? There seemed to be 3 servers that night, 2 cooks and 2 other employees I could see. From the wait at the front door on arrival and the at least 50 minute wait for our food it just seemed that acknowledging and serving in any kind of reasonable time was not important here. Food was good but not good enough that I want to wait like that again. Frustrating.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank lisa c
North GA
“Best salmon anywhere”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We happened upon this little gem of a place next to our inn in Oak Harbor. We were the only tourists there, the rest were locals who engaged us in friendly conversation upon hearing my accent and made recommendations as to what to order. Service was also friendly and helpful with offers to taste items before ordering. I had the best clam chowder I have ever eaten, and the fried salmon fish and chips, and grilled salmon sandwich were incredible. Fish was perfectly smoked, and sides were delicious as well. We ate salmon in many places while in the Northwest and none matched Seabolts in either quality or value.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank nogatraveler
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Seabolts Smokehouse”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Two locations: Deception Pass and in Oak Harbor, both on Hwy20. Deep fried seafood that is crunch and nowhere near oily. At the Pass you order and then they cook it. There are a couple tables inside the mini-mart/restaurant/coffee barista. Clean premises, friendly employees. At the smokehouse in Oak Harbor, the kitchens are all open to public viewing and clean. The employees are friendly , professional and obviously know what they're doing. Order and pick up at the counter, eat at one of the half dozen tables or take-out. Deli foods available at both locations. online access @ seabolts.com, they ship worldwide.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sunni B
Olympia, Washington, United States
“Yummy but busy”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very delicious, small dining area great service, would return. Had fish tacos, hubs had Kobe burger, kids had chowder and chicken, all great.

Visited May 2013