“Decent beer and food - Classic beer pub” 3 of 5 stars

Flyer's
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Eureka, California
“Decent beer and food - Classic beer pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went there primarily for the beer as I am a beer ticker. Ordered this six beer sampler show in the photo. The samples were large four oz+ glasses. The beers were all quite decent, the best being the Pacemaker Porter. I always order the same thing on a first visit to a brewpub and that is a hamburger (blue cheese burger if available) and fries (sweet potato if available). This should be a brewpubs signature dish in my opinion and and makes it easier to compare establishments. This offering was a bit on the average plus side, with the hamburger being pretty average, and sweet potato fires better than average. The place was a little noisy, but not so much you could not carry on a conversation. Is IS a beer pub and decent for the genre.

Durham, Maine
“A Good Place for a Good Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stumbled into Flyers when our first choice ran out of mussels. My wife and I both had the prime rib special which consisted of an average salad, a 10oz. prime rib, and a baked potato. The prime rib was about a 7 on the 1-10 scale. The potato came with a container of butter, sour cream, chives, bacon bits, and cheese. Outstanding! I just dumped it all on my potato and dug in. Very good. The service was prompt and provided with a smile. The menu was extensive, and my wife loved the beer selection. We'd go back.

Sonoma County, Callifornia
“O.M.G. Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hubby and I spent one night in Oak Harbor during a 2 week road trip. I saw an ad for Flyer's at our hotel, and we decided to give it a try. WOW - pub food taken to amazing heights! We shared the steamed clams in a white wine and herb broth as a starter: truly excellent, and a whole pound-and-a-half of 'em. Hubby had a chicken wrap, which he enjoyed. I ordered the crab and lobster mac-n-cheese. Holy Kamoly! The individually baked ramekin held enough to easily feed 2, and the mac-n-cheese itself was some of the best I've ever had. Add in the seafood, and I had to remind myself to stop making little pleasure noises with every bite I took. The dish was well worth the $18 cost. The beer was good, the house Chardonnay was good, the service was excellent. If I lived in Oak Harbor I'd be eating at Flyer's 3 nights a week, for sure!

• 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Delicious food every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to hang out. A varied menu, great micro brews and mixed drinks. A friendly staff.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank For_The_Hope_Chest
Wichita
“Good place to go for Burgers & Beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

+ Fun décor adds up to a good pub experience. If you're looking for more than that, you may be disappointed.
We were visiting and decided to try someplace local-- Flyers was recommended by hotel staff. My daughter enjoyed her microbrew and hamburger. We both thought our salads were delicious and the best part of our meals. She had The Wedge and I selected the Spinach and Cranberry. My Club Sandwich was fine, but was served without condiments, so I had to request mustard and mayo be brought to the table.
Service was friendly and just a tad bit slow on this day.

• Visited August 2013