“Great Service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Flyer's was very convenient to the Best Western. It had average pub fare. We sat at the bar both nights we visited and enjoyed the micro-brews and had awesome service.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Living in Oak Harbor there aren't many real good choices for dining however, Flyers is one of the exceptions. Having a naval air station with jet and prop aircraft located just north of town, Flyers theme is central to the local community and a favority of the military folks stationed here. With a large menu that covers a wide variety of food and locally brewed beer on tap (along with several other choices) there's something here for most every pallet. The food has always been excellent with the steak salad and butterfly coconut prawns among my favorites. Everytime I go I always enjoy one of their handcrafted beers. Of course, being a retired naval aviator myself, I really enjoy the aviation theme of aircraft pictures, models hanging from the ceiling, and nostalgic aviator helmets and attire on display. The "zapper" pole is also fun to look at as well (for those who know what a zapper is). Flyer's is one of our favorites and highly recommended if you're looking for a casual evening out to enjoy good food and great beer.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Friends and I used to eat here on a regular basis but we were rudely treated by the owner many times and do not go any more. The food was always good, the sweet potato fries were my favorite, and the bartender made a great lemon drop but I refuse to give my money to someone who treats people rudely.

4  Thank Karen239
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Booked Flyer's for lunch for 24. They handled the group flawlessly. The full menu was available and there was no problem with individual checks. Service was good as was the food. The atmosphere was conducive to a good time and our lead waitress offered to take a group picture outside under the Flyers sign. Well done!

3  Thank jim_julian
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Have not been here in years due to last visit when it was so noisy you could not hear the person across the table. Nothing has changed. Still very noisy. Not a place for a quiet romantic meal. People at the table next to us had laptops out and e-mailing, etc. Food was ok but if you want a steak or seafood plan on spending $20 to $30 each.

1  Thank Steven G