“Very Greasy, But Tough, Dry Meat”
Review of 1-2-3 Thai Food

1-2-3 Thai Food
Ranked #31 of 87 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Very Greasy, But Tough, Dry Meat”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I are huge Thai fans and so when I moved to Oak Harbor last week and saw the long line at 123 Thai I was excited to try it out! Despite their organized way of ordering the food, I found it to still be a fairly long wait for my order to come up and I was disappointed when it did. My thai tea that I ordered was not sweetened at all it would seem and had a very bitter after taste unlike any I had tasted before. In addition, I ordered best thai peanut sauce, after being confused by the two separate menus and only seeing the weird option of basically having a pad thai omelette instead of normal pad thai. It was spinach, sprouts, and chicken on white rice with peanut sauce. I was surprised to find such an oily mess when I opened my meal back in my room. The peanut sauce was a little too sweet, and for a place that boasts our rice is free, I didnt have enough to last me through the meal. The chicken was the worst part, however, being excessively dry and tasteless. Price was more than most thai restaurants. Decor was tacky and horribly misdirected, too. I doubt I will be coming back.

• Visited October 2013

Oak Harbor, Washington
“Fast food Thai”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I only come here if im in a hurry and dont have time for a nice sit down thai meal. Food is good but not great in my opinion. The staff is hit and miss, high turnover of employees. I have been told by several employees the manager refuses to give them the tips they earn so I no longer tip. Sad too because there has been a couple exceptional trips ive had where they certainly deserved it. All in all, nothing fancy but will fill your stomach when your in a hurry.

• Visited September 2013
Navarre, Florida
“Better than average Thai”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place is an alright stop for Thai food. It is definitely fast, affordable and good. The restaurant itself lacks any kind of atmosphere. Lots of choices to choose from. The chicken was dry for both of us but the flavors were good and the vegies were fresh. They go very light on their spice so no worries in ordering it too spicy. You self serve on drinks and packing your items up to go but everything you need is easily accessible. The food is inexpensive. I would go back if in the area.

• Visited August 2013
“Must try!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have to admit, when I first came across 123 Thai, nothing about it was appealing to me and for some time refused to try it. I finally gave in and gave it a chance since the restaurants in oak harbor are very limited. After the first bite I was sold. Awesome food, many selections to choose from and you get a lot of food for the price. This is one of my top places to eat at in oak harbor.

• Visited July 2013
West Kelowna, Canada
“Good and to the point”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

A straight forward ordering system, helpful food pictures and ample good provided by courteous staff mark this experience.
Eat in or take out, resulting in a spartan but clean and orderly store - with excellent food - at a reasonable price.
Did I mention quick also?

• Visited July 2013