“Nice intro to the woods of the Pacific Northwest”

Deception Pass State Park
and up
Anacortes Whale Watching
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Oak Harbor
More attraction details
Owner description: This isn't a lie: with over 30 miles of hiking trails, this park is one of the premier hiking destinations in the country.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The park was socked in by fog when I visited in mid October, so unfortunately, I missed out on the vistas from the bridge. But I had a great time exploring the mossy trails around North Beach.

The campsites were pretty standard (picnic table and fire pit). There are plenty of trees and foliage between you and the next site, so unless you have very noisy neighbors, the sites stay fairly quiet. It surprised me that the campground would fill up this late in the season - so it would be a good idea to make reservations. And you can do it on-line.

I got a bonus early the next morning on my way out of the park: It was still dark and the fog was pretty thick. I had stopped near the park entrance to pull out my map when I heard two owls calling to each other in the morning mist. I just had to pull over, turn off the engine and stay a while and listen.

There are newer reviews for Deception Pass State Park

Reviewed November 25, 2013

What more could you ask for? Beach, lake, camping, hiking and a beautiful bridge! ALL in ONE place! You can watch boats, birds and people.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great park rangers, helpful...GORGEOUS view. Its the best place to go around here for the view...they have places you can grill stuff up too...already there, lots of camping, beautiful lush gorgeous spots:)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was a very good park. I do not know why people are blabbering in reviews about the plane noises.That is not even the parks fault! Camping was very quiet and epicness is maximum. And the views are amazing!
Some people have high standards and give it a 1 star because it is wet and there is dirt! Every national park is wet and has dirt. I suggest you go here camping all the time. P.S The beach is so epic. Swimming makes it better.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

we stopped by to see about staying for a few days. Found the park cold dark and wet. The washrooms were dirty and needed some upgrading. No need to stay. Might be nice in the heat of summer. Glad we went with the car before driving up in RV