Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Harbor
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a good place to stay on Whidbey Island. We only stayed for one night to spend 2 days on Whidbey Island. This hotel is centrally located on Whidbey Island with a good variety of restaurants and stores near by. The hotel is close to both Fort Casey state park and Deception Pass state park.

Room Tip: I would recomend the higher floors. The ground level floors were a bit musty.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
C S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello and Thanks for the feedback. I do apologize for not having all floors meet the high standards which we strive for daily. Your concerns will be addressed and improved upon immediately. Thanks also for mentioning the Best Western Plus as being a good place to stay when on Whidbey Island, Oak Harbor, WA.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were impressed by the spacious rooms and comfortable beds and chairs of this chain hotel.
The water pressure in the shower was good.
The breakfast appeared to be well received although a little wider choice of cereal would have been welcome. No waffles or pancakes.
Hotel is situated at the north end of the town and unfortunately appeared to be directly under the flight path for the naval aircraft that fly low over the Island both early and late. This may not be a regular occurrence and would be true of all the hotels on the area.
This could be a good stopover for anyone needing to be in the area.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel overlooks a quite busy road
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
C S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you. Your business is much appreciated and we will continue to do our very best to exceed your expectations. Your continued reservations and recommendations are an important part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.

Thanks again! We look forward to serving you very soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I didn't stay long, just pulled off the I5 for the night. I wasn't expecting much thought it was just a average hotel, I thought I was at a resort, very nice looking place, restaurant, cafe, very well kept.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
C S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

We are excited that we were able to exceed your expectations. Consider us home when you are visiting Oak Harbor, WA. Thank you for posting your positive review.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just completed a 14-night stay at this hotel while in Oak Harbor on business. The hotel is centrally-located on the main road (State Route 20 or WA-20) and within walking distance to many restaurants (including China City next door), an outdoor market (late afternoon/early evening), and a track.

Room 201 is next to the ice machine. The noise did not bother me so much as how dark the room is. The photos posted by management in the TA listing are definitely misleading in terms o the amount of light in the room. I mean, the sun rose by 6 a.m. and did not set until close to 9 p.m., and we had more sunny days than rain during my stay, but I still thought the room was too dark. Internet was fine until the last two nights of my stay, when I would just disconnect randomly. It was frustrating as I was trying to do reports for work. The exercise room is on the second floor and consists of two treadmills. There are no windows in the room and although there is an electric fan, the room always smelled of old sweat. You'll do better walking the track for better air circulation. At least there is a water cooler in the exercise room. The other thing I did not like about the Best Western is that the front doors are not sliding doors, so it was a challenge when check in and out with multiple luggage.

The reception staff were always nice and friendly. The computer and printer in the business center area worked when I needed them to. I loved the breakfast buffet because they served bacon ever other day (in my ideal world, bacon would be served daily). This was much better fare than the Residence Inns where I've stayed lately, where the only serve sausages. The breakfast buffet also had a variety of juices, muffins, bagels and cereal.

This is a convenient place to stay if doing business at NAS Whidbey.

Room Tip: I hear the third floor has higher ceilings and may let more light in
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Super8Lacey1, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Your experience with this Best Western Plus was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. I am sorry that we did not fulfill that promise. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Reserved this motel from our home after looking about area attractions and mileage to them. We were not disappointed with this motel. Our room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good and big selection. We enjoyed the drive to this motel and the accessibility to attractions. As always, enjoyed the evening cookies. Always a plus when returning in the evening and a warm cookie is waiting for you. No negative things to say about our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were told by the booking agent that this hotel was 17 miles from Mount Veron (my husband was in the ride to conquer cancer and we wanted a hotel close to their overnight accommodation) It was 17 miles as the crow flies! And well over 45 minutes from Mount Vernon. The area and the drive to the hotel were amazing, but not as close by as we were lead to believe. Hotel was nice but front staff on arrival could have been more helpful as we arrived late and hungry and he could not suggest a place to eat that may still be open after 9pm. There were quite a few we found out. Especially a nice Mexican place. Overall the hotel was clean and quiet and a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I do apologize for your unpleasant experience. I assure you that all of your concerns will be addressed and staff will become more knowledgeable of surrounding area. Please feel welcome at this hotel in your future travels

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was a typical experience from a chain hotel. The room the clean, the staff was friendly. The only thing that stood out was the free breakfast - a much bigger selection than I had anticipated. Not a bad place to have a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Super8Lacey1, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience by posting this review. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Harbor
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor
Acorn Motor Inn
Acorn Motor Inn
#2 of 6 in Oak Harbor

Been to Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!