“A dry place in a storm”
Review of Sunset Motel

Sunset Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Bend
Sunset Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in North Bend
Anacortes, WA
“A dry place in a storm”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Three woman driving west from spokane when a really nasty storm moved in. We knew it was time to pull off the road and pushed ourselves to get to North Bend. Needed at least two beds since there was three of us. Room was $88 , two rooms two beds and bath. Room seemed clean, but was very shabby old furniture, old stained carpet. We did put a chair against the door. This was better than sitting on the side of the road in the rain.

Room Tip: If you must stay here stay on the first floor so you don't have to drag luggage up stairs.
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank pmccunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Sway back bed,you say? Room #27.
YUP.Slept for 4 hours and got up and left.3:30 AM.Traffic was light.
Tore out a page from Gideon's bible and left them a note. It was clean but very old and a bit shabby.
Very easy to get to from The Snowqualmie Casino!Make a LEFT from the roundabout and go down the hill. Thin walls enough to hear a couple going at it at 3 AM. LOTSA cable channels,but remote was lame:manual power on and off.Sorry. Just replace the bed it would be OK,guys.I should have left a tip for the housecleaning person:NOT their fault.
Dave in Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end. OF THE TOWN.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dave C

Travelers are raving about these North Bend hotels

boca raton, FL
Reviewed July 14, 2013

At a late and very desperate hour heading east from Seattle I booked a room here. There are unbelievably no good two or three star hotel options in this area for such a beautiful mountain town. After checking out two motels, I settled on this one. After I paid for my room I noticed a really strange man staring at me from his first floor window during the time I parked my car and the whole time I unpacked my car (forced me to rush as fast as I could). Things started out uncomfortable.
I enter my room-- immediately gag on an unbelievably heavy stench of cigarette smoke. Literally every time I breathed the entire night, I was smelling a heavy, pungent smoke. The scent never faded which means that room must be so incredibly saturated in it. I put on the AC but it didn't really help. The two pillows on the bed were skeevy too. One pillow didn't have a pillowcase and the second had a pillowcase but was an entirely different shape. You could see the mattress (no bedskirt) and some stains were visible. At that point I didn't trust the sheets or towels. I used my own sheets and pillow. Everything was pretty bad. It took a while to fall asleep between the toxic smell and the sketchy vibes. I wish this town and general vicinity had better choices. Next time I will choose nearby state park camping over lodging in this area until a new hotel is built, as I will never be able to afford the ultra expensive four star Salish Lodge and Spa just a few miles away. You're only other choice is to head west towards Issaquah and hotel options are limited. Or a rest area.
This place is not healthy to stay at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank linz
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The motel was a bit sketchy, but it was warm, dry. It was a bit pricey at $68 dollars for what you were getting. It was pretty dated, with a few mystery stains on the carpet, old furniture and lovely yellow bathroom fixtures, but it was clean and the bed was surprisingly comfy. It was kind of noisy. We heard cars pulling up outside later at night, but i don't think there were many people in the motel as we didn't hear anyone next door. There were even ‘garages’ under the motel. No doors, more like cubbyholes for cars, but it put the bike indoors out of the weather. The free WIFI was a bonus for us, as we had to plan our next day's ride. We had no problems with the front desk staff, and no problems with our credit cards after staying here. We never did figure out how to access the ice machine. It looked like you had to knock on the night manager's door to get to it. Overall, not the best place we have stayed, but certainly not the worst.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2011

the walls and door were thin, so we heard the other patrons hacking their cigarettes right outside our door. the door itself was poorly installed, you could see light seep in on 3 side. the shower was small and i hit my eye on its head. there was also some yellow/green corrosion on the soap dish.
the bathroom door was scretchly mended from who knows what. cabinets chipped. bed was a little uncomfortable.
on the plus side, they did have full cable and wireless internet.
it was 68$/night, but i would expect more for that price. a motel 6 would've been the same deal but better maintained.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lovinthewine
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed November 16, 2010

i stayed 4 nights at this crappy motel,its dirty,smelly,and the door wouldnt even close all the way so bugs come right in but the worst part is 1 week later my bank confirmed 3 fraudulent charges totaling over 1,000$ and it originated at the sunset motel so stay at your own risk i have legal charges against them i will see if they have the guts to admit what they did so i would recommend staying as far away from the sunset motel in north bend wa. as possible.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
9 Thank brettwh7
Dunedin, FL
Reviewed August 24, 2009

After reading the less than appealing reviews of the Sunset Motel; we were extremely impressed on the cleanliness of the rooms; sheets and bedspreads were new. Bathrooms were somewhat old but clean. For the money I would strongly recommend the Sunset Motel and will return here next year at this time.
Suggest one ignore the other reviews - I called the new owners twice prior to arriving to let them know I saw the reviews and was quite nervous about staying here. Mike informed me that he and his wife purchased the Sunset in November and it is quiet and clean ---- he is RIGHT.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Larkspur Landing Bellevue
#17 of 29 in Bellevue

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!