“Totally disorganized and manager was a total Beoch!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Calcutta Grill

The Calcutta Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Calcutta Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Seattle
“Totally disorganized and manager was a total Beoch!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We came in for a birthday dinner WITH a reservation made well in advance. The staff could have cared less and basically took 45 minutes to get us our table. The manager was the rudest person I have ever met, when I asked her for an outside table as it was a 65th birthday celebration she told me, not only once but twice, that she could not just ask people to get up an leave!!!! I was shocked by what she said and told her that I did NOT ask her to do that! This place needs to clean up their act!

2 Thank OriginalBeachGirl

Sammamish, Washington
“Good beer and appetizers, impatient staff”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went for some drinks and appetizers on a Saturday afternoon, and decided to leave after a few beers and appetizers since we were feeling full. Waitress got very upset and told us "they will boot you off if they know you are not staying for dinner - I will get you your check". She re-iterated her threat again as we started leaving.

They had a good selection of local beer, the view from the Patio was great though.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Siddi
Bellevue, Washington
“Super Food and Service!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The entree salads at the Calcutta Grill are delicious. I'm not sure how many restaurants offer a crab cake salad but the one served here has 3 small crab-filled cakes, butter lettuce, almonds and a sweet dressing. Yummy. Equally pleasing is the Cobb Salad with plenty of good additions.
Five of us ate lunch and we were each pleased with our entrees. Three ate dinner together and enjoyed our entrees, as well. Servers are friendly and efficient. The atmosphere is beautiful and
includes a spectacular view. We'll be back!

Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Delicious food in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Ate dinner here after golfing with several friends. They accommodated our very large group and service was excellent. I had the bone-in Ribeye and it was cooked perfectly. The scallops looked delicious as did several other dishes in our group. The view from this golf club is spectacular and well worth the trip just for the view.

Seattle, WA
“Unimpressive Food”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went here for an anniversary dinner. The service was very friendly. Having said that, we appreciate good service but it isn't what makes us return to a restaurant. We come for the food, and we won't be returning to the Calcutta Grill. The food was completely unimpressive. The caprese appetizer with heirloom tomatoes and mozarella: the tomatoes looked like the underripe variety from the local grocery store. Nothing special. The crab cakes: unbelievably loaded with bread crumbs, no visible crab whatsoever, and very small portion size (not that I wanted more). The Chinese chicken dinner salad: extremely dry chicken, so dry that found myself picking it out and pushing it to the side of the plate. Underdressed lettuce, and a total of three mandarin orange slices. Unacceptable. My husband had steak, which he said was as good as any he's had elsewhere. The mashed potatoes were bland. The bread was delicious, and they kept my water glass full, which I always appreciate. The view is amazing - even better than I expected. I'd drive up and walk around again, but I wouldn't eat here.

• Visited July 2012