“Relaxed Mountain Restaurant”

Ranked #14 of 17 Restaurants in Naches
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Friendly service, excellent food from trout to steak. Ten family members and everyone enjoyed there meals, everything hot and very efficient . Wonderful view of the river while dinning. Great gift shop. The rocks in the gift shop were a hit with the granddaughters.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Took a nice scenic drive from Yakima out to this lodge. It is in a really beautiful area nestled in the mountains next to a river. We even saw deer on the cliff across the street.

The food is traditional. Fresh local ingredients including steel head and rainbow trout as well as Elk. They also have a turkey dinner entree and a few beef selections. I ordered the Elk which was pretty good. The other people in the group had meals that looked good, especially the filet.

Also had the bread pudding, which was different than most bread pudding I had (more cake like) but it was very good. They have a few interesting beers and local wines on the menu as well. The portions were very generous.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stopped here after elk hunting in Naches. What a find. The place is very clean, the food is very good and the service is great. They even have WiFi which is unusual given the remote location. We ate breakfast here and the food was great, a big breakfast at reasonable prices. They have specials every day and the portions are large. The restaurant overlooks the Naches River so the view is spectacular. There's a great patio that sits right above the river. There is also a lodge here. Although I haven't stayed overnight I'd like to on my next trip out here.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

After a beautiful trip over pass we stopped for breakfast. We waited 5 to 10 minutes before being greeted or offered coffee. Two of us ordered Eggs Benedict and the other two ham and eggs.
One of the Eggs Benedict was served with what looked like hard cooked egg and all of the hash-browns were cold. The egg was replaced but no apology was offered. Service was worse than usual. For the cost of their meals I certainly expect better.

3  Thank Rockyroad33
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Whistling' Jacks was the last stop on our day outing from Enumclaw and up over the Chinook Pass. We were taken there by family members who have been there dozens of times over the years. They had told us wonderful things about the location and the food. We had spent an entire day exploring the wonderful beauty of the area surrounding Mt. Rainier. It was labor day weekend and the weather was fantastic.
When we arrived, the parking lot was full as would be expected on a holiday weekend so we were expecting a long wait to be seated. The hostess was very polite and tod us that due to the crowds it may take up to 30 minutes to be seated. she also warned us that the kitchen was backed up with orders and it may take awhile to be served. I really appreciated her being upfront about this as it allowed us to decide whether or not we wanted to wait.
The restaurant sits above the Naches River and provides a beautiful backdrop for a meal. We sat at a window table and the view was fantastic.
The menu offered something for everyone. I had the WJL Burger with steak fries and it was quite good. My wife had the crab cakes and she really enjoyed these as well. The rest of our party had sandwiches and all recommended the croissant turkey sandwich. The waitress overheard that it was my birthday and at the end of the meal brought me a bowl of ice cream with a candle in it and began singing Happy Birthday to me. Many of the other patrons chimed in as well.
The down side was the service was really slow and took a long time to get our food. However due to it being a holiday weekend I feel they tried their best.
I would certainly recommend it to my friends as it really was a great location and we certainly enjoyed ourselves.

1  Thank Franciscolopez