“Can't find anything to fault...”

Whistlin' Jack Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 16 Restaurants in Naches
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We came in all dusty from hiking, but were seated next to the window overlooking the river. We were promptly attended to, and ordered a bottle of wine. Wife got the baked steelhead and I got the bear claw (with shrimp) blue cheese crusted prime rib. Entrees both came with soup and salad, both of which were excellent. Our dinners came out in about 35 min, which was perfect after having soup and salad. My food was 4.5 stars (asparagus was the only thing I didn't care for) and my wife 4. We were both overall, very pleased.

Service was great, although it did seem like they only had I think 2 waitress' for about 20 tables, but I never felt like they missed a beat.

We also enjoyed the very comfortable, and rustic atmosphere.

bill was a very reasonable $65ish.

I would probably give this place 4.5 stars, but i will give them the benefit and upgrade to 5.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

As other reviewers have mentioned, this restaurant has a bit of a problem with service. We arrived here at about 11 in the morning. There were about 5 tables in the restaurant that had people seated. we overheard the waitress telling the hostes not to seat anymore people as she couldnt handle anymore work. I found this rather amusing as i am an old waitress by heart. we did get seated and were waited on by the wonderful new bartender, very charming women, very friendly , humerous and provided great service. Food was ok at best, however, i ordered eggs and ham, the ham was absolutely fabulous! The restaurant itself is very cute and has a marvelous view of the river. we watched some deer come and drink at the river. Nice place to stop for food as long as you do not have any high expectations.

1  Thank maria k
Reviewed August 19, 2012

good food, good service. An oasis in the woods. Nothing else in the neighborhood, but that doesn't stop them from being friendly and providing good service.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Buffet is great and good price. Food good and plenty of it. Can't sit in lounge with children when the music starts.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Crappy service, no refill on water, over priced, semi warm food.. ick! 45 minute wait for food, extra time waiting for rest of order!