“weekend at garden inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed two nights,friday and Saturday. We had large get together in the the presidential suite with family and friends. The hotel is right on paine field airport adjacent to the big boeing airplane factory. It was fun to watch the jets taking off and the factory tour center is next to the hotel.The staff and the hotel itself was outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
hgiseattle, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

We are very happy that you enjoyed your suite and gathering. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our son lives in Mukilteo, WA, so we visit the area at least 3 times a year. Each time, we like to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, as it is so close to our son's home, and my husband, who is a private pilot, loves to have the view of Paine Field, and the Boeing jets/DreamLifter, parked or being flown there. Our rooms are always very clean and updated. There is a mini-refrigerator, which is very handy. If you like to view the planes, ask for the 4th floor, for an unobstructed view.
While we were there, this time, we needed some guidance to get our 5th night free, as advertised on a brochure in the room. We called the 800 #, but they told us we had to go through the front desk. Karen, the front desk supervisor, was very helpful, and she and her manager, Heather, were able to get the free night taken care of for us. (I guess, when booking, you have to specify that, although the information we were given, when booking, didn't state that!!)
All of the personnel in the hotel are very friendly and helpful and the front desk personnel always greated us with a smile and a bright "hello"!!
We have stayed in many hotels, around the world, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the personnel in this hotel has rarely been matched. Thank you to everyone at "our" Hilton Garden Inn, in Mukilteo/Everett, WA!!!!

Room Tip: The DreamLifter, occasionally, takes off very early in the morning, so, if you are on the Paine Fiel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visits in Mukilteo! It is our pleasure to take care of you and your family!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is lovely, convenient to the Boeing Factory. The room was nice although it was not sufficient for us. In spite of being pre-registered for a room with 2 queen beds through hotels.com, my 3-person family was given a room with a single king bed. When I called the front desk to ask if there was some mistake (they made no mention of the discrepancy when we checked in), I was told there were no other rooms available and my reservation assured me only of A room, not a room appropriate for my party. The promised rollaway bed never arrived and finally, at nearly 11:00 pm we were provided with 2 extra blankets so my daughter could sleep on the floor. To their credit, the next morning we were not expected to pay for the room. The breakfast setup was also a disorganized, slow, (and expensive) mess.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
hgiseattle, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

After a long trip from Norway to Everett we arrived to the Hotel with one luggage missing. We got a big room with great view towards the Boeing factory. The service provided by the staff was excellent and they provided free transport several times to a mall 20 minutes away. We really enjoyed the stay with clean room, good food and excellent service!

• Stayed: February 2013
hgiseattle, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for you visit. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and Boeing!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had called days before my trip and asked to have a runway facing room and was told that it wouldn’t be a problem. When I checked in I was given a road side room. I was told that the room type I had only sits on the road side but no one told me that when I called ahead of time. I live in the country and am not used to hearing motorcycles screaming up and down the road at all hours of the night. I would think that if you pay more for a suite, etc. it would be on a quieter/nicer side of the hotel. Unfortunately, it was a terrible night sleep right before a big meeting with Boeing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I apologize that the big two room suites were built on the wrong side of the hotel. When the desk clerk told you that the airport side wouldn't be a problem, they certainly didn't look at your room type. I will be taking care of that persons knowledge.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked three rooms for family in this hotel because of its proximity to the Boeing factory tour and its package of room and reduced rate ticket for the tour. I contacted the hotel to ask if they could book the 10am tour and after several e-mails was told in a reply that they had successfully arranged that. A week before we left the UK I had an e-mail to ask me to call them urgently. The person I spoke to asked whether we wanted adult or child tickets. Apparently no bookings had been made and when I forwarded the e-mails I had received I was told that the member of staff had been sacked. After more phone calls and promises that a booking would be made I was eventually told that tickets had been obtained (but it took several days and much anxiety). On arrival at the hotel we were impressed by the good parking and amazing proximity to the entry to the Boeing tour centre. The rooms were a good size and comfortable - and not noisy as we had been warned was possible. The next morning was, however, chaotic with one of the most disorganised breakfast services I have seen in any hotel. Several of the tables had not been cleared and two women were talking together and not helping anyone. On approaching the food area one of them told us that she would order the food if we told her what we wanted - not at all friendly and leaving us feeling rather foolish. We could not understand why this slow and inefficient process was chosen and everyone seemed confused - not a great start to the day. Overall this could be a very good hotel given its site and pleasant rooms - but someone needs to do something about the staff training.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William S

Thank you for your feedback and I will be researching why things were a mess. That is unacceptable to me and I will be fixing it!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here because of the proximity to the Boeing tour and our overall satisfaction with the HGI family. Extremely convenient as you walk a few feet to the tour center from the hotel and can go out and watch the airfield from the hotel as well. Front desk staff was helpful and courteous. Only negative thing that stands out is that at breakfast, there was absolute confusion in how you ordered your prepared items. At all the other HGI's we've stayed at, the wait staff comes to your table and tells you the buffet system and takes your order for French Toast, omelets, and the like. Here, we sat and waited for waitstaff (any one of them who were there chatting and wandering around near the bar) to acknowledge us and after a few good minutes, finally went up to the buffet and talked to the chef. He informed us that the waitress took our order. Frankly, it was the worst HGI breakfast experience we've had. Certainly not earth shattering but nonetheless...Food was OK but someone who manages the place needs to get their staff in gear and let customers know that a system that is apparently only used in this HGI is in effect. Attention to coffee refills and such could also use some improvement. Lobby cookies and orange slice ice water were quite good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I have addressed those issues to ensure that Breakfast is better taken care of by the staff. the HGI breakfast is a strange set up and hopefully they will change to one that is easier to understand and service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Mukilteo
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett? Share your experiences!