“Beautiful French restaurant with great wine, fantastic food, a quaint atmosphere located on Pugent Sound.”

Charles at Smugglers Cove Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is in a huge old house that's been converted. The decor is very welcoming, the landscaping is Beautiful and there is a ball deck on shock toy can dine that is right on the Sound. The service and cuisine is truly French . The portions are perfect and the seafood is masterfully prepared. Prefect for any occasion that requires a dress and a bottle of wine :)

3  Thank nickisnotgary

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Fabulous views, excellent food, professional service, great small wine list that is very reasonable and a great laid back atmosphere. For the same cost compared to other local restaurants you get SO much more. Try it instead of going back to Ivars or arnie's.

3  Thank mdjwales
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Because my husband takes me to Charles at Smugglers Cove on special occasions. I LOVE this place, my all time favorite, in Mukilteo. French food, simply divine.

2  Thank Jenny139
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been here on 3 different occasion. Normally during the winter and a night. Each time was a dinner meeting and we were located in a large room, probably an old living room. The most recent visit was in January. The food and service was good. The appetizers were a great selection and very tasty. I don't have any complaints about the food or service and since I was there for a meeting and I wasn't paying the bill, I don't know what it cost, although I understand its not inexpensive.

Although eating in various rooms of an old house is not my ideal setting, particularly in the winter. Whatever view there may be is non-existent when its dark at 5:00pm. The biggest complaint appeared to be the lack of maintenance. The house is 100+ feet from the parking to the front door and the first thing I noticed is the covered walkway that should have been torn down a couple years ago and will probably fall down in the next snow storm. It says a lot when the first thing you see is something that was poorly constructed and not maintained, particularly a covered walkway in the Puget Sound area.

Would I go back, probably for a meeting, but not on my own. To many other choices that offer better prices, nicer facility, better view or all of the above.

2  Thank 19Mark55
Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the very few restaurants we have been to where every bite of everything was wonderful. Ambiance looking over puget sound was spectacular at sunset, and very romantic. Service has always been top notch. Certainly not cheap, (around $100 for dinner for 2), but all around excellent and highly recommended.

2  Thank Richard S