“Tank Day”

Historic Flight Foundation
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Mukilteo
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic Flight Foundation offers a collection of the most important aircraft produced between 1927 and 1957 - all restored and airborne again.Our mission goes beyond serving as trustees of an era. We want you to experience the roar of our F8F “Wampus Cat” taking off. Watch engineers at work restoring the aircraft to flying condition. Share the rush of viewing international treasures from all angles. Experience history in motion.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited for the first time on what I recall was called Tank Day. They had several old miliary vehicles and a couple of them were tanks that they fired a blank shot from each while we were there. It was interesting, but the sound level of the firing was substantial. You could feel the concusion from the shots in your chest.

Anyway, they have a number on very well done restorations. But the key to the exhibit is the V2 rocket. The cutaway portion showing the inner workings shows how suppior the germans were with the rockets. If they had been able to have the V2 a little earlier is could have had a big impact on the war. I think the top speed was over 500 miles per hour which was about twice or better what the best fighter plane could reach at the time.

A very nice exhibit.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My grandpa and I flew to Everette from Kalispell, MT just to fly on a T6 WWII fighter trainer plane. We did this at Historic Flights Paine Field, WA. It was the ride of a lifetime!! I had been trying to get grampa up in this plane for a few yrs and it was soooo much fun. When I went up in it I asked to do loops and rolls, just like we were fighting. The pilot was a lot of fun. He did a loop and a cpl rolls and then he let me fly the plane all by myself. I tell you it was amazing. He said I did a really good job. Then he took back over and I asked if we could do more aireals and he sure did. We did a cpl loops in a row then did several rolls. I couldn't have asked for a better day. And grampa was just tickled pink to do loops and rolls too. The historic Flights is a museum with several old WWII planes. You can get a passport and go to all 4 aviation museums surrounding Paine Field. We strongly suggest that everyone go see these attractions. This was our second time visiting them, but this time we got to fly in one.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This museum was not open when I last visited Paine Field - what a wonderful collection. The collection is relatively small, but all are flyable, and beautifully restored. They are housed in an absolutely immaculate hanger, with a number of aircraft outside. I was assigned a volunteer to go with me to look at the outside aircraft - what a wonderful experience - the docent was enthusiastic and knowledgeable - we were even able to go inside the B-25 Mitchell - what an experience to be able to actually see where so many brave young men lived and died during the war - how on earth they were able to fit inside these planes and to be able to function as they did is now even more of a mystery to me. One of the highlights of this collection, for me, was the gorgeous Grumman Tiger Cat - truly one of the greatest American fighters. It will be interesting to see how this collection grows.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wonderful little museum. Visited for the flight of the B17. Veterans get in free, others for ten bucks at this time. Videos to watch, and a nice gift shop.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Most planes in ready-2-fly conditon. They now have a DC-3 in good shape. and a f7 tigercat. Nice, but modest collection. Not as robust as the american heritage collection - but growing.

1  Thank David R

Been to Historic Flight Foundation? Share your experiences!