Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $732.06
More Info
6,229 results
All reviews gift shop seattle area museum of flight aviation lockers everett video
Selected filters
Reviewed December 8, 2018

A very impressive tour of a very impressive facility. The tour of the assembly hangar is the high point. The scale is immense and the engineering is mind boggling. It is all very professionally done.

Make advance reservations. The tour is very popular.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed December 5, 2018

Our friend was kind enough to drive all the way from Sammamish so my wife and I could get a real feel of the Boeing factory and future of flight aviation center. She was absolutely in awe of the place and the tour guide was quite well versed with the factory so our tour was very informative as well as interesting for my wife as she is fascinated by seeing aircrafts take off and land.

Reviewed December 3, 2018

I've always wanted to come to Everett and go on the Boaeing factory tour. So coming here was a life ambition.

I booked nearly three months in advance having been in contact with them by email to register for when my dates went on sale. I received an email reminder when this happened and so got my first choice of date and time. My tour ended up being completely full with two buses running at the same time.

I opted for the first tour of the day on a sunny bright early winter day.

After getting my ticket at the front deak I killed time in the foyer until our tour was called. You are not allowed to take anything with you, no bags, no cameras or phones and there are lockers available for you to leave this stuff. There is a brief display in the queuing area.

The tour begins in a movie theatre where a prmotional film is shown about Boeing and it's current fleet of commercial planes, The 747-8, the Dreamliner 787, the 737 Max and the soon to debut 777X.

After a further security briefing on no photos or video you are led through a door outside and onto 50 dreater buses. A guide introduces you to the tour and you around the end of the runway and over to the hangars where the 787, 777, 767 and 747 airframes are built.

You get two separate walks into the complex via underground tunnels and up on lifts that take you up high on viewing galleries. Here there are some limited displays about the planes. However what you are there to see is the vast hangar with the enormous planes below in various stages of construction. A brief overview is given of what you are seeing, you get a few minutes to look yourself and then back on the bus. There are some steps involved, but nothing too major and they can get around them if you have walking difficulties.

We got to see the 747 line and the 787 line. However practically no workers as it was weekend so nothing really happening. Go on a weekday if you can. The guide knew the basics, however I found it astonishing that she had not even flown on the 787.

The bus then takes you back passed parked and completed aircraft awaiting delivery - we saw around 10 787s lined up outside and one being engine tested by the accepting airline ready to fly that day. Back at the tour starting point you get off the bus and re-enter the building via the huge shop selling a massive range of Boeing goodies. I spent far too much!

Within the complex you can go up to the rooftop viewing gallery however you are a long way from the planes and at weekends not a lot is happening. The Dreamlifter centre is next to the Future of Flight building, so if you're lucky you get to see one of these immense converted 747s used to ferry aircraft parts around the world for the 787 build line. You can also see further up the complex where there were loads of US Military tankers (based on the 767) being readied for delivery, plus an odd 777 ready for Emirates and some American 737s and 777s with their noses stuck into little tents - not sure what was going on there. Bring your binoculars for this and note you are allowed to take photos up here, so great if you have a camera with a big zoom lens.

The downsides? The Future of Flight centre lacks any real form of information about Boeing, ether it's history or future around commercial planes. It would be so easy to put together some moving video showing the evolution of the 747 for instance, from original flight to the latest version, along with lots of stuff telling you about the planes that are built now, such as the new materials being used, new designs of interiors etc. This would be so engaging and would add so much more to the tour. Also why not add something in about the working with Embraer. Add in the airlines the choose Boeing, how many Boeing planes are in the sky at any one time, how many of us have flown Boeing etc.....

The cafe is also rubbish. Everything is processed and awful looking.

I loved coming here but would have loved it so much more with just a bit more expenditure from Boeing.

4  Thank 618boba
Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

We only did the Boeing Factory tour which was fenomenal. True you can see everything from a distance, but let’s keep in mind we are in a working factory.
Puts things into perspective seeing how the planes are made, was really interesting.
I only recommend you go during the week as on the weekend the factory was empty, no employees working, I would have loved seeing everybody in action!

Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

Well organized tour experience that allows visitors a glance inside the Boeing Factory. Heavy on the Boeing advertising as you are waiting. No cell phones, bags, purses allowed on the tour, but free lockers were provided. Lots of walking, standing and a few stairs. No access to restrooms for 90 minutes. This wasn’t a problem for me but might be an issue for others.

1  Thank C H