“Great tour, but leaves you wanting more”

Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Mukilteo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located approximately 25 miles north of Seattle, The Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour is the only public tour of a commercial jet assembly plant in North America. Explore the interactive exhibits and displays in our 28,000-square-foot Aviation Center Gallery; then take a 90-minute tour of the Boeing plant where you can watch 747s, 777s, or 787 Dreamliners being assembled right before your eyes. There is a minimum height requirement of 4 feet (122 cm) for children participating in the Boeing Tour. To avoid disappointment please make sure to check height before purchasing tickets. This restriction is strictly enforced. ADA accessible tours are offered twice daily. Call in advance to ensure proper accommodations. In the Future of Flight Aviation Center Gallery, the Family Zone is home to a number of different activities, all designed around a theme of aircraft manufacturing and assembly. Activity carts let visitors build a simple aircraft model, or use our Lego (and Lego-compatible) pieces to express new ideas about aircraft design. A kid-sized airport and aircraft allow future pilots of all ages to practice their take-offs and landings. Currently, the Family Zone is also home to a highly engaging, hands-on nanotechnology exhibit, and a Bernoulli Table, an exciting interactive experience that teaches the relationship between the velocity of air and the pressure it exerts. Coloring and reading activities are also available, and drop-ins are welcome. Admission is free for ticket holders and for Institute of Flight members.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was amazing being able to see the production line of Boeing aircraft in the massive buildings, its something you really can't see anywhere else, however I was left a little disappointed with the Boeing tour. There was literally nothing more than the factory tour - I guess I was hoping they would follow one with more of the process such as the painting, design and testing of the aircraft. Even if some of these things weren't done at this facility, it would have completed the whole Boeing experience. Overall the tour was good, but I expected so much more.

SeattleSandy, Public Relations Manager at Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for including us in your Seattle visit. We love our friends from Australia! Since there is only 90 minutes during which the tour of The Boeing Factory takes place, it is difficult to include all phases from design to delivery.

There are several great videos on YouTube and on the Boeing website. You can search for 'paint a Boeing 747-8' and 'Boeing 777 design' and 'test the 787 Dreamliner.'

If you find yourself in Seattle again in the February time frame, consider attending Aviation Geek Fest, which gives a much deeper dive to aviation buffs.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

if you like avionic (aeroplane) you must go there n see it, the tour you can see entire processed how to make aeroplane, like brand new boeing 777 dreamliner

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've taken the tour twice now in 2013 and its simply wonderful. The small museum gallery is interesting to take a look at before your Factory Tour. Very informative and interesting. My personal recommendation is to go during the week so that you can see the factory working in full swing. It can be a tad hard to hear everythign on the tour though so if that's an issue for you, a weekend tour might be better... some work going on but not enough to be noisy so you will be sure to hear everything, even in a full tour group.

1  Thank Rick I
Reviewed January 11, 2014

To be perfectly honest I'm not an aerosexual even though I fly for a living. I only really did the tour to keep some of my Pilot workmates happy and get them some souveniers. But Im glad I did.

We are a family of 7 (2 Adults and 5 kids ) on a 7 week holiday from Australia. As I said before I fly for my job. This tour was awesome. The tour guides were very knowledgable and were very happy to see our kids on the tour. The size of the buildings and underground tunnels have to be seen to be believed.

We were staying near the Space Needle in Seattle and quickly worked out it was much cheaper to purchase the tickets online and hire a car for the day. The drive is quite scenic aswell.

As a bonus the 747 Dreamlifter was parked on the apron out the front which gave us a great view. The kids spent over an hour in the Future of Flight area and were not happy when we told them it was time to go.

I definite must do.....

3  Thank Chay77
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our trip to the Boeing Factory was very enjoyable. We booked tickets on line before we travelled tickets are available on the day 1st come 1st served so peak season would advise pre booking.
Tour is very slick and interesting the factory is big you need to be inside to appreciate how big. The only down point for no photography inside the factory. Over all for $18 per adult very good value for money.