“Upgraded room was a wonderful surprise!”

Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were visiting our son in Everett with intentions of also seeing Seattle. Not wanting a standard hotel near the expressway, I booked this even though I didn't expect much from the ocean front hotel as it was dreary January weather. When we arrived we were surprised at just how beautiful the setting was-spectacular views of Puget Sound. They upgraded us at checkin-and what a nice surprise that turned out to be! We had a large room with very nice king bed, fireplace (perfect for the chilly weather), overlooking the ferry dock. The large common area downstairs would be a great place to sit and look at the view if you didn't have a view room. Breakfast buffet gave enough choices to satisfy us for both mornings. My husband really liked the waffle maker and I was happy with the salsa to accompany the scrambled eggs. My one minor criticism was I don't really like non-dairy creamer though there was fresh milk as well for my coffee. Very nice staff and let me say again what a beautiful setting! We plan to book this again for our next trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HKCunli
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear HKCunli:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you so much for your kind comments! I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was accomodating to your request's. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

I look forward to the next chance to welcome you back as our guest.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at silver clouds inns in the past , meaning a long time age. Anyway, this is a great location next to the ferry dock in Mukilteo . We booked through Orbitz at the lower rate , but when we arrived at dusk, we could stop ourselves from upgrading to the king waterside room. It was only one night, but we very much enjoyed ourselves, with Ivars next door and the view, we didn't go far. We would stay here again, no question.

• Stayed: December 2012
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Bob Maxfield:

Thank you so much for your kind comments! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to welcome you back as our guest.

Happy Holidays, and please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Found this place by accident and I grew up near there! The tide comes in under the hotel and easy access to a small beach for low tide beach combing. The breakfast room sits on the water with a patio/balcony and the food was delicious with beverages available all day. A few touristy places down the road, with a quaint lighthouse open to the public and an Ivars right next door to enjoy clam chowder on the beach. The room was large, clean and had a kitchen, the laudery facilities were clean and easy to use. The staff was friendly and customer service oriented. I can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Hotel is next to the ferry dock which is convenient for travel to the islands, but the horns can bot...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Pkcwetzsteon:

Good morning and thank you so kindly for your kind review! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to the next chance to welcome you back as our guest! Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel is located directly on the water. The room is appointed with a fireplace and a small kitchen with a microwave, sink, and fridge. The fireplace with an ocean side wide was breathtaking and extremely relaxing.This is very helpful to have because the hotel itself has no restaurants and there are only a few places to eat which are in walking distance. The hotel staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Wonderful quite locale that is close enough to Seattle but not overwhelmed with all the crowds.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear JodyHNorthCarolina:

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your most recent stay with our property! I am very pleased to read that my staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel has me returning many times in the past 15 years. Prior to this my last stay was 3 years before and I was excited to stay in my usual room with a view straight out to the sound. The view cant be beat with the room almost over the water with french doors you can open fully, a juliet balcony for safety and all the fresh sea air you could possibly desire. It is very mood enhancing with the fog and drizzle and the occasional ferry horn sound. At night the tide recedes and the hotel has lights that shine into the water and one can see a long legged fisher crane standing in the few inches of water to dine on the fish swimming around. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. If you can, reserve a room with a full sound view for maximum enjoyment and you wont be sorry for the extra money lightening your wallet. THe hotel is always clean and spotlessly taken care of. Unfortunately, the upholstered chairs need to be cleaned as they are very, very dirty and stained. It is a shame, though, because the lobby is very comfortable and has an attractive nautical decor that blends well with the surroundings. Even though it is where people sit during and after breakfast enjoying nature's spectacle of sea and and creatures of it. I am afraid it is a complete turnoff to sit on liquid stained seats and armrests that have never been shampooed. Otherwise, the staff is effortlessly helpful,good natured and just plain wonderful. I wish I had them working with me! Great personalities and their demeanor goes a long way in the hospitality industry in which they excel in. What tremendous assets they are. THe breakfast is great with hot waffles among the offerings. We took advantage of the Sounder train on a Seahawks game day where we caught the train a few steps from the hotel that leaves one off in Seattle a very short distance to the beautiful stadium. Beats fighting traffic. Iver's Seafood restaurant is right next door for take out as well as in house dining with a view also. Good clam chowder and snack bags of calimare and very sweet fried clams. All good food. Arnie's Restaurant a short walk from the hotel has a more extensive menu and can be quite good. Hotel lobby has full-sized umbrellas if it is raining. The ferry right next to the hotel goes to Whidbey Island which is about a 20 minute trip. Pretty nice amenities at this establishment but probably in need of general refurbishment and cleaning of carpet and upholstery. Parking is free and covered.This hotel has a lot to offer guests so it should dump its dated furnishings and maybe offer warm cookies in the lobby between breakfasts to encourage full enjoyment of the location and ambiance. Steps away from the ferry dock and the lighthouse/museum park and picnic beach

Room Tip: Ask for a full on view of the sound--not partial or anything else. They also have jacuzzi rooms with...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank seri0ustraveller
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear seriOustraveller:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff was able to meet your expectations. Please be assured that your comments in regards to the lobby furniture are noted and that the hotel is currently in the process of updating and re-upholstering the chairs mentioned.

If I can be of any further assistance at all, please dont' hesitate to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

On our recent stay we enjoyed a well appointed, clean, quiet and spacious room with two comfortable queen beds. Included: Aveda bath products, free parking and a pretty decent, complimentary breakfast served in a room off the lobby and overlooking the waters of Puget Sound. Saw the occasional seal pop up from the water while we ate! We had tickets to a Seattle Seahawks (NFL) game and took the opportunity to use the Sounder transit train which runs two trains to Seattle's King Street Station and back on game days in addition to weekday commuter trains. Its an easy short walk to the train stop from the Silver Cloud. There are two nearby restaurants: Iver's Seafood Restaurant on the waterfront next door (view!, food so so) and Arnie's about two blocks up the hill (view!, decent food). There's also a shoreline promenade and dock where locals angle for fish and crabs. The Silver Cloud staff are most welcoming and helpful and to my mind second to none. All in all I give two thumbs up!

Room Tip: You might get a better room rate by phoning direct rather than reserving online.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear NW Dan:

Good morning and thank you so much for your kind comments about our property. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel exceeded all expectations. Our room (king suite) was well appointed, very clean, and spacious. The breakfast room was lovely and the breakfast itself very good. The staff were gracious and welcoming. We will return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Fairwindstraveler:

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay with our property. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Mark Lee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 4 in Marysville
Belltown
The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront? Share your experiences!