“A wonderful room with a view”

Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
North Carolina
“A wonderful room with a view”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel is located directly on the water. The room is appointed with a fireplace and a small kitchen with a microwave, sink, and fridge. The fireplace with an ocean side wide was breathtaking and extremely relaxing.This is very helpful to have because the hotel itself has no restaurants and there are only a few places to eat which are in walking distance. The hotel staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Wonderful quite locale that is close enough to Seattle but not overwhelmed with all the crowds.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear JodyHNorthCarolina:

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your most recent stay with our property! I am very pleased to read that my staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Happy Holidays.

Mark Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
scottsdale az
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel has me returning many times in the past 15 years. Prior to this my last stay was 3 years before and I was excited to stay in my usual room with a view straight out to the sound. The view cant be beat with the room almost over the water with french doors you can open fully, a juliet balcony for safety and all the fresh sea air you could possibly desire. It is very mood enhancing with the fog and drizzle and the occasional ferry horn sound. At night the tide recedes and the hotel has lights that shine into the water and one can see a long legged fisher crane standing in the few inches of water to dine on the fish swimming around. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. If you can, reserve a room with a full sound view for maximum enjoyment and you wont be sorry for the extra money lightening your wallet. THe hotel is always clean and spotlessly taken care of. Unfortunately, the upholstered chairs need to be cleaned as they are very, very dirty and stained. It is a shame, though, because the lobby is very comfortable and has an attractive nautical decor that blends well with the surroundings. Even though it is where people sit during and after breakfast enjoying nature's spectacle of sea and and creatures of it. I am afraid it is a complete turnoff to sit on liquid stained seats and armrests that have never been shampooed. Otherwise, the staff is effortlessly helpful,good natured and just plain wonderful. I wish I had them working with me! Great personalities and their demeanor goes a long way in the hospitality industry in which they excel in. What tremendous assets they are. THe breakfast is great with hot waffles among the offerings. We took advantage of the Sounder train on a Seahawks game day where we caught the train a few steps from the hotel that leaves one off in Seattle a very short distance to the beautiful stadium. Beats fighting traffic. Iver's Seafood restaurant is right next door for take out as well as in house dining with a view also. Good clam chowder and snack bags of calimare and very sweet fried clams. All good food. Arnie's Restaurant a short walk from the hotel has a more extensive menu and can be quite good. Hotel lobby has full-sized umbrellas if it is raining. The ferry right next to the hotel goes to Whidbey Island which is about a 20 minute trip. Pretty nice amenities at this establishment but probably in need of general refurbishment and cleaning of carpet and upholstery. Parking is free and covered.This hotel has a lot to offer guests so it should dump its dated furnishings and maybe offer warm cookies in the lobby between breakfasts to encourage full enjoyment of the location and ambiance. Steps away from the ferry dock and the lighthouse/museum park and picnic beach

Room Tip: Ask for a full on view of the sound--not partial or anything else. They also have jacuzzi rooms with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank seri0ustraveller
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear seriOustraveller:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff was able to meet your expectations. Please be assured that your comments in regards to the lobby furniture are noted and that the hotel is currently in the process of updating and re-upholstering the chairs mentioned.

If I can be of any further assistance at all, please dont' hesitate to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed November 6, 2012

On our recent stay we enjoyed a well appointed, clean, quiet and spacious room with two comfortable queen beds. Included: Aveda bath products, free parking and a pretty decent, complimentary breakfast served in a room off the lobby and overlooking the waters of Puget Sound. Saw the occasional seal pop up from the water while we ate! We had tickets to a Seattle Seahawks (NFL) game and took the opportunity to use the Sounder transit train which runs two trains to Seattle's King Street Station and back on game days in addition to weekday commuter trains. Its an easy short walk to the train stop from the Silver Cloud. There are two nearby restaurants: Iver's Seafood Restaurant on the waterfront next door (view!, food so so) and Arnie's about two blocks up the hill (view!, decent food). There's also a shoreline promenade and dock where locals angle for fish and crabs. The Silver Cloud staff are most welcoming and helpful and to my mind second to none. All in all I give two thumbs up!

Room Tip: You might get a better room rate by phoning direct rather than reserving online.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear NW Dan:

Good morning and thank you so much for your kind comments about our property. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel exceeded all expectations. Our room (king suite) was well appointed, very clean, and spacious. The breakfast room was lovely and the breakfast itself very good. The staff were gracious and welcoming. We will return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Fairwindstraveler:

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay with our property. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed 1week at Silver Cloud Mukilteo-had King room with water view well-worth the extra $. Staff was wonderful,friendly & helpful especially when someone was smoking in the room below us while we had our window open! Our room was clean & the daily service freshened it nicely. Only reasons for less than 5 stars is fixtures-furnishings are dated plus our carpeting stained & spotted. Also the breakfast never varied in 7 days-it would have been nice to have had bacon or an egg bake for variety.

Room Tip: Do go for a room with view of the sound & ferry launch-wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy F
Dear Nancy F:

Good morning from Mukilteo. Thank you for your kind comments and I am very pleased to read that our staff was accomodating during your stay. Please be assured that I have taken note of your comments in regards to the furnishings of the hotel as we make continual improvements each day to try and ensure we are putting forth the best product for our guest's. The company is also currently looking offering a wider varitey of breakfast items and you may feel free to check back with me directly and I would be happy to offer the status of this update.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you as our guest.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our reason for travel to Seattle was to take the Boeing tour as a side trip on our way home to Sydney, Australia after travel in the Canadian Rockies. We really were just looking for somewhere to lay our heads bu the Silver Cloud provided much more - an experience in itself in a wonderful setting. I don't think it could be possible to be closer to the water without scuba kit - the staff members we met were lovely, the breakfast fine and the breakfast setting suitably nautical. The slight negative was the ferry horn sounding in the extreme early morning - but hey, it's the waterfront ! Highly recommended and we will head straight back to Silver Cloud Mulkiteo if/when we return to the Seattle area. PS - Great seafood at Ivars next door.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richendo
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Richendo:

Good morning from Mukilteo and thank you so much for your review of our property! I am very pleased ro read that you enjoyed our staff and the atmosphere of the hotel. Please accept my apologies for the occasional fog horn you may have heard from the ferry near by. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else.

Thanks again, and I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed first at the Silver Cloud in Seattle on South Lake Union and liked it so much that we made reservations for one night at the Silver Cloud in Mukilteo. The facility and the staff was better than we expected and we had so much fun the first day in Mukilteo that we stayed for a second day. Our first room was on the land side and our second night's room was on the sea side. We much preferred the water view and highly recommend choosing the sea side. Within walking distance we had two seafood eateries, one a large restaurant up the hill called Arnie's and the other an informal fish n' chips stand next to the hotel called Ivar's. There was also the Mukilteo Lighthouse, a small park, the ferry to Whidbey Island, great views across the bay including Mt. Baker, and a short drive to the Boeing Factory Tour location. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful. The included breakfast was great and the dining area was so nice we and other guests brought back take out and wine to enjoy while gazing out the window at the sunset. The motel is in a working town with a small railroad yard and constant train noise at night. We love trains. The water side is much quieter. There is parking under the hotel and some streetside which is hit and miss. An enjoyable stay in Mukilteo thanks to our second Silver Cloud positive experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the sea side are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Two-For-Texas:

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts about our property, as well as our Lake Union property as well! I am so pleased to read that our staff was able to accomodate your needs during your stay. I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Mark Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 3 in Marysville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,147 reviews
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront? Share your experiences!