“We love the Silver Cloud!”

Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
Mukilteo, Washington
“We love the Silver Cloud!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. We actually live in Mukilteo, but our in-laws stay here when they visit, and we have spent a few nights for special events. The view rooms are very reasonably priced, and very well appointed. We recently rented a king suite, and my only complaints are that the doors between suites were very thin (double pocket doors), and the windows didn't have any screens to keep bugs out. The Aveda toiletries are a nice treat. The breakfast is simple, but tasty. They had make-your-own waffles, fruit, toast, pastries, cereal, eggs, and sausage. The location is awesome. You can walk right over to Lighthouse Park, do a quick walk-on ferry ride, and even hop over to Ivars Mukilteo Landing for lunch or dinner. Yum! This spot makes for a great romantic or family getaway.

Room Tip: The view rooms are usually not much more, and are well worth the price. The ferry does run late/earl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear bethk_WA:

Thank you so much for your kind comments in regards to our hotel. I am very pleased to read that your in-laws enjoy staying here as do you! Please accept my sincere apologies for the incoveniences you occured during your stay and be assured that I will look further into both.

If I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the property.

Mark Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Silver Cloud Mukilteo excels in service, location and overall hospitality. Often overlooked, it is truly one of those rare family-friendly hotels that is beautifully located next to both the ferry docks and Ivar's restaurant. This is one of those rare hotels that exceed expectations. Having now stayed at most of the Silver Cloud properties, the Inn at Mukilteo is their crown jewel. The staff at this hotel are superb! My advice is to splurge for a water-view room and watch the sun setting with a take out bowl of chowder from Ivar's....Life is Good!

Room Tip: Water -view rooms are highly recommended
Dear GarberKH:

Good afternoon from Mukilteo! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to exceed your expectations during your stay. I am truly touched to read that you consider us the "crown jewel" and look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a lovely place. I had never been to Mukilteo and now I am trying to think of a reason to go back. The hotel is just gorgeous! It has a great sitting area/lobby overlooking the water and the fairy dock. Very comfortable chairs and couches very nicely decorated and they have large picture books to look through, newspapers and books to sit and read. They also have a computer you can use set up in this room at a lovely desk.
There is another room just off the sitting area/lobby that is used for their breakfast room. This room has great tables and comfortable chairs, walls with bookcases very libraryesque. This is a great place to meet up with friends and play games while overlooking the water and watching the ferry come and go every 30 minutes.
The room was HUGE, there was a king size bed and a huge wall mounted tv then there was a living room with another HUGE wall mounted tv seperated by pocket doors, a mini fridge, microwave, sink, cupboards, large gas fireplace and there are french doors that open up to the water. Where you can enjoy sunset and watch the ferries. It is very quiet even with the doors open you cannot hear the ferry or the people coming and going. We saw scuba divers, snorkelers and fishermen from our window.
The location cannot be beat. You are just a short walk from a wonderful park, lighthouse, farmers market, and Arnies restaurant. We enjoyed all of these places.

There is an Ivar's next door. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was great! They had a lovely hot breakfast in the morning. The location and accomodations are absolutely fantastic!!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a suite with a full water view. There are other suites with big garden tubs right in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrvlJunkE
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear TrvlJunkE:

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review of our property and our local area! It is always so nice to read feedback from our guest's and truly loved reading your comments. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mukilteo area soon.

North San Diego
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The location at the ferry depot, on the water, with a great park to walk and exercise the road weary legs, along with several good places to eat...what else do you need ? The rooms are large and comfortable, whether you have a room "on top of the water" or watching the ferry loading and unloading ! Excellent breakfasts. The alternative hotels in the area are more commercial in nature.

1 Thank 5577
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear 5577:

Good morning and thank you so much for your kind review of our property! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, complimentary breakfast as well as our staff! I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Calabasas, CA
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Silver Cloud Mukilteo is a motor lodge quality hotel (think of your average Best Western) in an excellent location in the little town of Mukilteo. Its steps from the ferry and several good restaurants. The lighthouse is a 100 yards down the street. There is also a nice cafe up the hill a bit. Its a great place to stay if you're on your way to the Boeing tour in Everett - which is well worth doing.

We stayed in an ocean view suite, and it was a nice room and view, but with very average furnishings and decor - again, think Best Western. They serve a nice breakfast with the usual waffle-maker et.al...overall the hotel is a good place to pull into if you're touring that part of Washington state and want a convenient place to stay with great views, and a cute little area to hang out next to the ferry.

The ferry leaves every 30 minutes for Whidbey Island. You can take it, drive the length of the island, and end up in Anacortes for the ferry to the San Juans and Victoria BC. It's a good leg on a pleasant road trip (make reservations for the Anacortes ferry - it only runs twice a day to BC)

I'd recommend the hotel as long as your expectations are for motor lodge quality and not a fancy resort.

Room Tip: Upper floors and splurge for the view otherwise what's the point?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Runningpie:

Thank you for your review. I would love the oppurtunity to discuss your comments directly with myself and can be reached via telephone directly at the property. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and please be assured that the hotel is scheduled for several updates this year as well as in the upcoming year. I look foward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you as our guest in the near future.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was one of a group of 17 cyclists who spent 2 nights at the hotel in August 2012. Our group was very pleased with the large, quiet well appointed rooms; friendly, helpful staff; above average breakfast, very pleasant lobby/breakfast room. Somewhat pricey but worth it. Proximity to the ferry to Whidbey Is. was a plus. The fact that the hotel was fully booked during our stay attests to its popularity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Carlos98:

Good morning from Mukilteo! I am so pleased to read that everyone in your group enjoyed your stay with us. It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest's. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should need anything at all and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Lake Forest, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I just finished traveling the last two and one half years almost every day throughout the United States on business. I was fun but very tiring, I have no regrets. Now I am trying to catch up on some of my reviews. I took over 1000 pictures and videos, and some of the places were just outstanding! We were given a per diem for each city and it was very generous, in addition we picked our own hotels and I usually added some out of pocket money to go first class. Here is one more review.
This is a big mistake letting this cat out of the bag, but this is a diamond in the rough. I would definitely take my family there if I was traveling to that area.
I stayed at the hotel one week, upstairs and on the ocean front side. The room was just beautiful; it was super clean and had an automatic log fireplace. The French doors opened out to the harbor and I spent hours watching the ferry arrive and depart. The people came every day and practiced scuba diving outside along with people playing fetch with their dogs. There is a large lighthouse park on one side and tons of trails.
One day I took a day trip across Whidbey Island, up to Anacortes, then through Deception Pass and across the ferry back to my hotel at Mukilteo docking 10 feet away. I am from California and this was a beautiful excursion (one I will never forget)
There is a little seafood place outside and a lot of the people grab food there for the ride across, I ate the clam chowder and fish almost every night, it was just excellent!
This is a real “quaint’ little city real close (15 miles) from the big Boeing plant.
Parking is a little tight at the hotel and it is real small, but the super friendly staff will help you out.
Only negative was that we went to the Mukilteo Lodge Grille to hook up for dinner and a few beers almost every night after work, but it’s a real small town and the police are extremely bored. The street outside is called the Mukilteo Speedway, but if you go 1 mile over 30 you will get a ticket. They also stop everyone exiting the grille at night for sobriety tests, so be careful. I guess it’s their only from of revenue.
So, Ok the cat is out of the bag on this one if you want a nice little romantic getaway, or working nearby.
Well worth the price.

Room Tip: Upper floor and ocean side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Fiaropinion:

Good morning from Mukilteo. I am so pleased to read your comments in regards to your stay with us. It is always so nice to read such a positive review! Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I look forward to the next time I can welcome you back as our guest!

Mark Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett
Inn At Port Gardner
Inn At Port Gardner
#4 of 22 in Everett
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront? Share your experiences!