“The best accommodations in 2 weeks on the road!”

Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mukilteo
North San Diego
“The best accommodations in 2 weeks on the road!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The location at the ferry depot, on the water, with a great park to walk and exercise the road weary legs, along with several good places to eat...what else do you need ? The rooms are large and comfortable, whether you have a room "on top of the water" or watching the ferry loading and unloading ! Excellent breakfasts. The alternative hotels in the area are more commercial in nature.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 5577
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear 5577:

Good morning and thank you so much for your kind review of our property! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, complimentary breakfast as well as our staff! I look forward to the next oppurtunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Mark Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Calabasas, CA
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Silver Cloud Mukilteo is a motor lodge quality hotel (think of your average Best Western) in an excellent location in the little town of Mukilteo. Its steps from the ferry and several good restaurants. The lighthouse is a 100 yards down the street. There is also a nice cafe up the hill a bit. Its a great place to stay if you're on your way to the Boeing tour in Everett - which is well worth doing.

We stayed in an ocean view suite, and it was a nice room and view, but with very average furnishings and decor - again, think Best Western. They serve a nice breakfast with the usual waffle-maker et.al...overall the hotel is a good place to pull into if you're touring that part of Washington state and want a convenient place to stay with great views, and a cute little area to hang out next to the ferry.

The ferry leaves every 30 minutes for Whidbey Island. You can take it, drive the length of the island, and end up in Anacortes for the ferry to the San Juans and Victoria BC. It's a good leg on a pleasant road trip (make reservations for the Anacortes ferry - it only runs twice a day to BC)

I'd recommend the hotel as long as your expectations are for motor lodge quality and not a fancy resort.

Room Tip: Upper floors and splurge for the view otherwise what's the point?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Runningpie:

Thank you for your review. I would love the oppurtunity to discuss your comments directly with myself and can be reached via telephone directly at the property. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and please be assured that the hotel is scheduled for several updates this year as well as in the upcoming year. I look foward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you as our guest in the near future.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was one of a group of 17 cyclists who spent 2 nights at the hotel in August 2012. Our group was very pleased with the large, quiet well appointed rooms; friendly, helpful staff; above average breakfast, very pleasant lobby/breakfast room. Somewhat pricey but worth it. Proximity to the ferry to Whidbey Is. was a plus. The fact that the hotel was fully booked during our stay attests to its popularity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Carlos98:

Good morning from Mukilteo! I am so pleased to read that everyone in your group enjoyed your stay with us. It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest's. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should need anything at all and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Lake Forest, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I just finished traveling the last two and one half years almost every day throughout the United States on business. I was fun but very tiring, I have no regrets. Now I am trying to catch up on some of my reviews. I took over 1000 pictures and videos, and some of the places were just outstanding! We were given a per diem for each city and it was very generous, in addition we picked our own hotels and I usually added some out of pocket money to go first class. Here is one more review.
This is a big mistake letting this cat out of the bag, but this is a diamond in the rough. I would definitely take my family there if I was traveling to that area.
I stayed at the hotel one week, upstairs and on the ocean front side. The room was just beautiful; it was super clean and had an automatic log fireplace. The French doors opened out to the harbor and I spent hours watching the ferry arrive and depart. The people came every day and practiced scuba diving outside along with people playing fetch with their dogs. There is a large lighthouse park on one side and tons of trails.
One day I took a day trip across Whidbey Island, up to Anacortes, then through Deception Pass and across the ferry back to my hotel at Mukilteo docking 10 feet away. I am from California and this was a beautiful excursion (one I will never forget)
There is a little seafood place outside and a lot of the people grab food there for the ride across, I ate the clam chowder and fish almost every night, it was just excellent!
This is a real “quaint’ little city real close (15 miles) from the big Boeing plant.
Parking is a little tight at the hotel and it is real small, but the super friendly staff will help you out.
Only negative was that we went to the Mukilteo Lodge Grille to hook up for dinner and a few beers almost every night after work, but it’s a real small town and the police are extremely bored. The street outside is called the Mukilteo Speedway, but if you go 1 mile over 30 you will get a ticket. They also stop everyone exiting the grille at night for sobriety tests, so be careful. I guess it’s their only from of revenue.
So, Ok the cat is out of the bag on this one if you want a nice little romantic getaway, or working nearby.
Well worth the price.

Room Tip: Upper floor and ocean side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Fiaropinion:

Good morning from Mukilteo. I am so pleased to read your comments in regards to your stay with us. It is always so nice to read such a positive review! Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I look forward to the next time I can welcome you back as our guest!

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here July 30 for one night, stayed in a suite 3rd floor oceanview room just feet from the ocean, clean quiet not luxurious but the location is as good as it gets regardless of the view room (have stayed in a non view rooms well) Friendly staff great and great rates make us come back every time where in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
SILVERMARK, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear TimxxKristy:

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay with our property! I am very pleased to read that you are a returning guest and that our staff was able to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We didn't have an ocean front view room BUT WHO CARES!! You had that lovely lobby to see it all from!!
The customer service and "warmability" from ALL their employees more than made up for the train side room. The morning breakfest was an added bonus to the cozy feeling we felt. Linnie Boyles was superb in suggesting plenty of sights to see in the area depending upon our interests. Would highly recommend this charming hotel to anyone travelling in the area that needed a hotel with a "breath of fresh sea air!!"

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanview room with a fireplace....ahead of time! They were SOLD OUT the whole week we w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Eileen C:

Good afternoon from Mukilteo. I am so pleased to read your comments in regards to your stay with us and that our staff was able to welcome you so well to our property. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff and in particular our wonderful Director Of Sales Linnie. Please feel free to contact me directly if you should ever need anything else and I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Generla Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We arrived to find a full parking lot, street parking limited to 4 hours and no parking 230am-430am. With a disabled child this was an additional challenge but it is unacceptable regardless. The unhelpful desk clerk - who told me no one was managing the hotel that night, just the desk clerks - would not answer my simple question of where else we could park, only repeating that the parking lot was full (duh) and there was nothing the hotel could do. Unfortunate that this problem, and attitudes like that, can ruin an otherwise nice experience given the location.Also be aware that for the loading and unloading period for the ferry, even 30 minutes, you can not access or depart from the hotel by car for about 10 minutes, making the hotel inaccessible by car about 1/3 of the time.

Room Tip: You have to pay for a water view. There is no reason to be at this hotel without the view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fred W
, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Fred W:

Good morning and thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize you were unable to find parking but please be assured that the hotel has worked with the city of Mukilteo and the mentioned four hour parking surrounding the hotel is ok for hotel guests as long as the parking permit is displayed in the dash. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would love the oppurtunity to speak with you in hopes to regain your faith in our property.

Mark Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukilteo
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Staybridge Suites Seattle North-Everett
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North / Everett
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
TownePlace Suites Seattle Everett/Mukilteo
Inn At Port Gardner
Inn At Port Gardner
#4 of 22 in Everett

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront? Share your experiences!