“Ok on a budget, but not for us.”

Studio 6 Seattle-Mountlake Terrace
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Ok on a budget, but not for us.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The best thing I can say about Studio 6 is that it is very cheap and the service was friendly.

We were checked into Studio 6 for two nights, but decided to leave after one. Thankfully they were absolutely fine with refunding our money and gave us no issues.

The room was clean but very very basic. The cover on the bed looked old and had holes in it. The room had a strange smell. The bathroom had the most horrible lighting and was the only place with a mirror. The toilet seat was chipped. The place as a whole didn't feel hugely safe; we saw a group of men hanging around by our car outside and felt the need to keep checking on it.

The purpose of our stay here was to visit Seattle but there was no obvious choice of public transport. There was a bus stop but the Seattle system is so confusing (we're from England) and required multiple buses. The area around the motel had a creepy-looking cinema, creepy shops, a pedestrian-unfriendly huge road and creepy people.

We had one horrible, sticky nights sleep in the motel (the air con didn't seem particularly effective) then drive to the Hyatt House in Bellevue for a wonderful stay and got an express bus into Seattle from there.

Only stay in this motel if location is not an issue and you really can't afford anything else!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Amy T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Clean and comfortable room with a full kitchenette. Really easy to get to downtown Seattle from this location. Cab ride from the hotel to Space Needle was $35.00 but he was a slow driver. There was a mexican restaurant walking distance to the hotel but not much else for shops.

Room Tip: No pool or restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank traysee007
Arizona
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I am sitting in my room at this property as I write this. I came in today early afternoon. I was promptly greeted and assigned a room. I was charged at check-in, which is unusual for me, but didn't mind. The room has a kitchenette and is fully equipped to do cooking and eating. There is no unpleasant smell in here and it was extremely clean when I arrived. I would definitely recommend this hotel at this time. It is now 10pm and it has been quiet since I have been here. Don't know when their season starts or if prices change, but at this time in the $50-60 range. Want to save bucks? Check it out if you come this way. It might be a little difficult to locate, but just use that GPS of yours! Easy on and off freeway. I will be here for 3 nights and if anything changes I will let you know with a follow up review.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank azroadrunnergal
redmond
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I was given a small studio for around $55.00 per night.
Clean, simple, no frill but inviting and well appointed.
Strategic location but out of the noisy crowd.
Highly recommended for the frugal traveler.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank wolmanpaul
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed overnight at Studio 6 Seattle-Mountlake Terrace and were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. It was fairly well set up for longer stays with a fridge, microwave, dishes, small stove etc. The room was clean and comfortable, but had a distinct cigarette smell which was unpleasant. Nevertheless, the price was very reasonable and we spent a comfortable night there. The hotel is very conveniently located just off the highway. It's easy to get to, but not at all noisy. I would stay again but check the room smell first. If you are a non-smoker it could be bothersome.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank hammsters
Glenmont, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2011

For a budget hotel I was surprised how clean my room was. The appliances looked brand new. The desk staff were friendly and very accomodating and the location although not in downtown was 2 minutes from the highway. I stayed here a week and would recommend it to anyone. On my next trip to Seattle I will stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank eternity45
Emmen, Switzerland
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed there for only 1 night. The rooms are relatively spacious and the furniture is more or less ok. Our room was clean and so was the bathroom. The two main problems with the room was the bad smell and the very uncomfortable beds. We had to leave the window open during the night, because it was so stinky and therefore it was relativley noisy. But we payed 70 USD per night/room, so what do we expect more.

There was also a small kitchen in the room which we did not want to use.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Northgate
Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
#7 of 13 in Lynnwood

Been to Studio 6 Seattle-Mountlake Terrace? Share your experiences!