“Friendly Coffee House”

Same Ol Grind
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Friendly Coffee House”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went here twice in 2 days. Comfortable place to take a break. Coffee was excellent. The service very warm and welcoming. Would seek it out again next time. Right on the main street in Mount Vernon.

• Visited April 2012

Sacramento, California
“Incredible Coffee (and We Know Coffee)”
Reviewed August 26, 2008

In late July, my wife and I traveled to the Skagit Valley from our home in Sacramento. We saw the Same Old Grind on the main street in downtown Mount Vernon, and stopped in for a cup of coffee. My wife had secret hopes of an egg sandwich--her favorite thing--and I was allured by the fact that they roast their own beans, an uncommon trait. The coffee was delicious and fresh, and the egg sandwich--on a croissant with melted cheese and pesto--was an absolute delight. My wife ended up having a second.

Great service, a very nice staff, a clean and well-lighted place. We admired the local art work on the walls (which, I was informed, is changed monthly), and the comfortable atmosphere.

Went back later in the day for a grilled panini, which was fresh and delicious.

2 Thank armandisgreat
Weatherford, Texas
“Good cup of coffee”
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Both times I have been to Mount Vernon have been in the afternoon to meet clients. And it is always better to be early and have a cup of coffee than to be late, of course. The Same Ol Grind has a good house blend that sits well in the mid-afternoon. And the chocolate chip cookie wasn't needed, but appreciated. Clean restroom and nice staff.

1 Thank Weatherford_Wanderer