“Better than ever”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have been going to El Gitano since it opened in Mount Vernon. The food has been pretty much standard Mexican fare, not bad, not outstanding. BUT LATELY things have changed.

I like a place where I can speak Spanish, and certainly this is the place. But now I can order some of the same dishes I used to eat in Guadalajara. Carnitas, pozole....and the other day I wanted a spicy chili verde. The very friendly waitress said that it usually wasn't as spicy as I obviously wanted it, but she could fix that. And indeed she did. That was the first time we had eaten in the cantina section, it was great.

It you haven't been there in awhile, give El Gitano another try.

There are newer reviews for El Gitano

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My family likes El Gitano a little more than I do, but I think it's good. The people are always friendly and the service is good. The menu has good variety, the prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is pleasant.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We've been going to El Gitano for years and have enjoyed the food each time. I often get the El Gitano Special Burrito and have enough to take home for a second meal the next day. Prompt and friendly service.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Service at El Gitano is fast and friendly and their lunch specials are really good (the carne asada is my favorite). My husband had the El Gitano Special Burrito and absolutely loved it.

1  Thank JAMIE77BellinghamWA
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good customer service. Good food. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. Their arroz con pollo is very good; it has black olives in it, which makes it extra special. Their flour tortillas are yummy, too. Only 3 stars because we asked for corn tortillas and received the flour. And my hubby asked for a bean enchalada for one of his three and it was not filled with bean, but with a ground meat mixture. But, we will eat here again because we like it a lot anyway!!

1  Thank flowerhorsey