“Extra-Large Room for our Family of 5”

Best Western College Way Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Bountiful, Utah
“Extra-Large Room for our Family of 5”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have a family of 5, so finding hotel accomodations is usually difficult. The Best Western College Way Inn has 2 rooms that will each accomodate 6 people. We had 3 queen beds in one VERY large room. It also had a sofa, a kitchenette, and a double-sized shower. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and had some good variety. The staff was helpful when I called to make the reservation and again when we checked in. We didn't get a chance to try out the pool and hot tub but they were both open and seemed to be in good condition. There was plenty of free parking in the back and the freeway access was great. We will definitely stay at the Best Western College Way Inn again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Bountiful5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Medford, OR
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had a long day on the road - Southern Oregon to Canada then back over the border to Mt. Vernon. We easily had a 15 hour day driving with a 45 foot trailer behind us. Finding a hotel with trailer parking proved to be very difficult until we called the Best Western on College Way. They were the only hotel that had an available room, trailer parking and a hot tub that was still open. We decided to take our chances. Upon arrival - we thought - oh no - looks a little "shady". A restaurant (a steak house) next door was closed and going through a renovation so it looked messy and dirty right next to the motel. I thought, here we go, probably a dirty room, with a dirty bathroom and a rock hard bed. When we checked in, the front desk gal assured us the bed was super comfy and had a very nice shower. She also said the chinese restaurant next to the closed steak house was really great. I said ok - lets get a room. At $88 a night (tax included) I didn't believe a word she said. We didn't even go to our room first - it was 9:00pm and didn't want the restaurant to close on us. So we walked next door and was quickly seated. The waitress said the hotel had called to let them know we were coming. I thought, how nice! She suggested a few things on the menu and promptly got my husband a beer and me a wonderful glass of red wine. Dinner was delicious and I am pretty darn picky about chinese food (no msg). On our walk back to our room, we checked out the hot tub. Looked nice - but we were beat so we decided to skip it. Upon entering our room - yes, emerald green carpet (a little dated) but overall it was nice. Had a table, 2 chairs and a balcony overlooking the pool. I sat on the bed, awwww, soft and comfy! Next, I checked out the bathroom. Newly updated and nice, large, tiled shower. Best of all, everything appeared very clean. What a nice surprise this place turned out to be. In the morning we took advantage of the continental breakfast. It was satisfactory and the coffee - not too bad. It was the same as any other hotel that I have paid twice as much at. I would definitely stay here again without a second thought!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Spent one night at this Best Western in April with my Fiance. We found the rooms to be a bit small and somewhat dated (not too bad but could use some improvement). The maintenance man (or someone who worked for the hotel) knocked and immediately walked in on my Fiance who was changing. Although it was an accident (hopefully), I would hope next time they will knock and at least wait a few seconds before entering. That's it for the negative bits. The hotel staff is very friendly (as you can tell the maintenance was) and the free breakfast is pretty decent. Price was reasonable and plenty of parking. No complaints on the cleanliness of the room. What we really liked about this hotel was their outdoor pool area. Pool (heated in summer I believe) and a hot tub on a nice grass lawn. I would recommend having a room on the second floor over looking the pool area.
If you're okay with a room that is a little outdated I would recommend this hotel to you.
P.S We've stayed at the other Best Western (Cotton Tree) in Mount Vernon, (also another good hotel) but the pool area here is far better than at Cotton Tree

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking outside pool area.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hippodude
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We spent one weekday night during the April Tulip Festival. Price was most reasonable, given the time of year--just under $100 including tax. Hotel pool was not open yet, but their outdoor hot tub was. Breakfast was ample--waffles, muffins, yogurt, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy. More than we expected. Service was friendly at front desk. Rooms open to the outside--no indoor hallway.

Room Tip: We stayed in Rm 201, right at top of stairs, close to office with coffee, breakfast, etc. with a ba...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carolgerry1
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I agree with alot of the comments from other reviewers. Not quite Best Western quality. Rooms were ok, check in was ok, breakfast was ok. We choose this motel because it was a Best Western but for the price of the room I would probably choose another motel in the area next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Nanaimo
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We pulled into Mt Vernon on the last day of our 12 day vacation, needing a room close to the border for the night and since we like Best Western Motel/hotels, it was a "no-brainer". Unfortunately, we were very disappointed. As other reviewers said, the lady in the office was very friendly, but that didn't make up for a dirty room. I kicked off my shoes when I walked in and in a few minutes, noticed how black my socks had become from the carpet. We wanted a cup of coffee so set up the inroom coffee machine only to find it also dirty and still holding the used coffee grounds from the last use. The small bottle of shampoo was 3/4 empty so I just threw it away. The shower had hair in it and the bath mat that had been evidentally used by the last customer was left hanging wet in the side of the tub, dripping on the floor. We were tired so we called it an early night but we felt that we should have just hit the border and not stopped to stay there. One nice thing besides the lady in the office though was the complimentary breakfast. At least that was very nice. We won't be staying there ever again. One last thing is that we stayed in 2 other BW during our trip down to Calif, (Yreka, and Sacremento) and they were not only less expensive, but also a nice place to stay, unlike Mt Vernon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Stef D
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I agree with some of the comments made by another reviewer: the lady at the check-in (sorry, I didn't get her name) was cheerful, quick, efficient and knowledgeable about good places to eat. We chose the nearby Chinese restaurant which was excellent. I also heard the trains (mostly because they blew their whistles at 3:30 in the morning) and faint traffic noise from the I-5 so if you are a light sleeper, ear plugs might be a good idea.

The hotel has easy access to the I-5; our second-floor room had a small balcony and faced the pool and the large, grassy 'courtyard' area (I think most of the rooms are set up this way). It was clean and the king-sized bed was comfortable; wi-fi signal was good; the TV was fine. Our room had a coffee maker, a small fridge and a microwave.The bathroom sink was separate from the bathroom itself and this area was quite small- my wife and I were constantly bumping into each other; the large walk-in shower was great with lots of hot water and good pressure. There was no tub in our room-so you might want to check that out if you prefer to bathe rather than to shower. Breakfast was a bit on the spartan side-but included biscuits and gravy, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, juices etc. Enough to get you started for the day.

Room Tip: ask for a 'quiet' room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Burlington

Been to Best Western College Way Inn? Share your experiences!