BEST WESTERN PLUS Skagit Valley Inn And Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
“Hotel stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice helpful friendly staff, nice clean pool, clean room. Fridge was broken, at checkout they gave us a discount due to the problem. Good breakfast. Only downside was the curtains did not close so it was way too light in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was the second year we stayed at this hotel for the Skagit Valley Highland Games. It is a great hotel for a family - large rooms, great breakfast and good outdoor pool to cool off on a very hot weekend! The location is excellent to get to the games and is close to every type of shopping that you may need. We will definitely book early again for next year's games!

Federal Way, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here before when it had a different name so when I booked, I didn't realize it was the same place. Although I booked on Priceline and didn't know what I was getting. The hotel itself is just fine, an average Best Western. My complaint with it before was the smell of the room and sure enough, this time was the same. Something smells, to me. like mushrooms. When I walk into the room, my stomach lurches but I am able to get used to it.

The room was clean, as was the hotel, no visible dirt of any kind. The breakfast was good and plentiful. The outdoor pool was sparkling clean and the perfect temperature. Beds were comfy.

Last time they made it right by me for my complaint and I don't expect that again, but sure wish they could figure out what smells and fix it because everything else about the place is great!

Mount Vernon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Traveling Hwy 5? This is well located with easy on & off the Hwy yet far enough from the Hwy so you do not have noise. An excellent bed. Pet friendly without an extra charge. The included breakfast is better than most in similar type hotels. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Mount Vernon, WA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

After many, many years of staying being loyal BW customers, including staying at this hotel on average of 6 times a year when my husband has business in the Mount Vernon area, we had an issue which was not resolved to our satisfaction. The laundry provided by this location is poor, not owned by BW, which the staff made clear to us, and expensive for the poor quality of machines offered. There are no modern settings for knits, permanent press, etc., on the dryer, and even though I was right there in the room and checking the dryer every few minutes, it suddenly heated really high and shrunk our clothes. I was only using the laundry because we had spilled food on them during dinner, and I knew we would need to wear them again during our trip. This was day 1 of a 4 day trip. When we brought the malfunctioning dryer to the attention of the desk staff, they did not post an out of service sign on the machine as we suggested. That told us that they knew the dryer was not performing adequately. The staff on duty offered us coupons and free stays for future use for our ruined clothes, but because we stay here for business and the room costs are paid by my husband's company, that would not provide us satisfaction to replace our clothes. We elevated this to the Assistant manager level, who told us if we provided receipts for the (fairly new) clothes that the General manager would CONSIDER reimbursing us cash. I have not provided those receipts to the GM, because I am insulted and frustrated with this poor level of customer service. My husband has since stayed at this location again, for business, but he is looking for another hotel in this area that he can stay. We have noticed other issues at this hotel that seemed to have degraded in the last year, i.e., very poor quality toilet paper, less than clean rooms, no wake up calls, among other things. It appears that whatever change happened when the name changed from Cottonwood to Skagit Valley also affected the quality of this hotel. Very disappointed in this Best Western hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Sunnyside, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I really enjoy staying at the Best Western Hotels because the beds are so comfortable and staff is so friendly and helpful; the rooms are big, breakfast is excellent, they have and exercising room where you can exercise or just relax with family at the pool.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

As noted throughtout the survey, I was satisfied with the hotel and my stay there. There seems to be a lot of repetition in the questions. You might want to review this kind of a survey to eliminate asking the same question in different ways. It does become rather tedious.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 5 in Mount Vernon
3.0 of 5 stars 130 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Skagit Valley Inn And Convention Center? Share your experiences!