“A nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Calgary, Canada
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After traveling for about 20 days on a motorcycle and having a fair share of crappy hotel rooms, this place was a nice surprise. We knew we had hit the right spot the minute we started chatting with the sweet girl at the front desk. She knew customer service and was very good at it. We had not had that in alot of the places we stayed. The room was great, the bed was wonderful. She had assured us that they had nice new pillow top mattresses and she was right! The breakfast was more than we had seen at most hotels and the coffee was actually good with real cream! All in all I would highly recommend this nice motel and ask for Leeza if you are in doubt!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TJ G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We bought tires in Burlington so we booked this place for an overnight stay. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was good and and the breakfast was satisfactory. Good value for your dollar.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oleVancouverBC
Anacortes, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm not 100% sure if it is me, or if this place has gone downhill a tad. Tulip Inn used to be a motel that I stayed at once every few months while in town. When in town, I simply need a comfortable place to sleep, and so I'm always looking for a bargain. I hesitate to write a negative review because the staff has always been so great. But the last two times I stayed there, the rooms seemed more run down and stuffy than I remembered. The walls seemed thinner, the noise louder, and the other guests let kids run loose until after midnight knocking on doors and being loud. Obviously this isn't the managers fault, but I'm going to be honest and say it seemed like a "rougher neighborhood" than it used to be. While struggling with these feelings, the person at the front desk kind of came down on me about how I managed to get such a good rate. Wow. As if it was my fault and I tricked them. Apparently I was mistakenly given a "truck driver" rate ($59) when she said I should pay $75 (they still honored the $59 rate). Funny thing is the side of the building shows $64--not $75 Anyway, she left me feeling like I had done something wrong, although she did finally apologize for coming down on me. So the lack of sleep, holes in the walls, unrepaired curtains, noise, stuffy rooms, rate confusion...I'm on the search for my new regular place. (But most of the staff there is great!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here over the long weekend and was pleasantly suprised to find the accesibility of the hotel from the I5. Close driving distance to the Bay View State park (off exit 231), shopping and the renowned Cascade mall. The room itself was clean and quite. The bed was fairly soft, but that could just be me because, I like a firmer mattress. I would say the value for money this is a good deal but I am sure for the same price you could do better. The front desk staff was very helpful and obliging and there was an all you can eat sushi place close by that gave a real good bang for the buck. Teh water pressur in the shower was not very strong and for some reason the water would not drain quickly ennough so all through the shower you would have your feet in a puddle. The breakfast was a let down. Nothing to write home about. Infact we did nto find it appitizing enough to even try out anything. The coffee was decent but that was all I had. Again please note this is my personal observation and nothing that the hotel did wrong. That is just what was available and I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed Friday night June 21st,2013 for the Dirt Cup noticed a plastic baggie wrapped around the smoke detector on the way out of the room just great.Been staying here since 1994 this hotel is going down hill .Continental breakfast is a joke might as well go to IHOP.

Room Tip: Parkin lot sucks if you come late hardly any parking left.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
tulipinn, Manager at Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear RTSB:
Thank you for your review of our property and we are very sorry your stay was not satisfactory. Our hotel is a 100% Smoke Free Facility and unfortunately some of our guests still prefer to smoke in the rooms by covering up the smoke detectors. Our staff is diligent about these issues but sometimes these items do get overlooked.
Our breakfast served in our lobby from 7 AM to 9 AM is a Continental Breakfast as we do not have cooking facilities available. The breakfast consists of Bagels & Cream Cheese , English Muffins , Danishes, Muffin Slices, Pound Cake, Raisin Bread, Multi Grain Bread, Hard Boiled Eggs, Special K Cereal , Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, Honey Nut Cheerios, Yogurt, Hot Oatmeal, Bananas, Apples and Oranges. For beverages, Coffee, Tea, Orange Juice, Milk and Hot Chocolate are available.
Again we are very sorry your stay was not as pleasant as you have had in the past.
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The room was not very soundproof, especially when the bathroom door was open. The bed was comfy and we slept well after a tiresome day. The breakfast did not have waffles, but had poppy seeds bread, yogurt, cheese crackers, choco bread, bagels, danish, muffins, bread and butter, fruits, juice. The breakfast room and check-in lobby were the same, we had to take the items in a tray to our room. The coffee was good. We stayed on one of the rooms in the ground floor, the safety latch was broken.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sr S
British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a pretty average motel. The room was clean, but a bit tired. Beds were comfortable. It was not very soundproof, as our room backed onto the freeway so we closed the bathroom door to muffle the sound of highway noise. We could also hear the people in the next room apparently vacuuming at 9:00 PM (not sure what that was about) and voices of people outside the room, but it was quiet after about 10:00 so did not keep us awake. The WIFI worked great, no issues connecting. The continental breakfast was pretty basic, and no tables or anywhere to sit so I guess you are supposed to take it back to your room to eat it. Staff were friendly and helpful giving directions to downtown and the tulip fields. Overall a decent place in a convenient, easy to find location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
#5 of 5 in Mount Vernon
3.0 of 5 stars 361 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Burlington

Been to Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!