Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
$136
$118
CandlewoodSuites
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$148
Cocusa Motel(Burlington)
$90
$88
Skagit Motel(Sedro Woolley)
$85
$149
All reviewscontinental breakfastdirect tvsmall parking lotyogurtnext morningrooms are cleanbike ridethin wallswhidbey islandsan juan islandsconvenient locationla connermicrowavefreewaymtshoppinganacortes
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel sounded fine on their website and even in TripAdvisor reviews; but frankly, for 69.00 per night, I didn't expect a great experience. I should have been smarter.I booked a 2 night reservation. The swing lock was broken. As a single female traveler booked into the ground floor facing the parking lot, I felt really unsafe. The curtains were torn all the way thru, the chair upholstery had several 8" tears on the seat with the foam poking through. The armoire housing the tv had broken handles hanging down on its drawers. I tried to iron my white linen shirt for a gallery opening and the iron leaked water ALL over the shirt and ironing board! I had also booked a room for my brother and his TV picture would not come on, although the light inside the tv was on and glowing. Worst was the little worm like bugs that I found on my clothing the following morning. It creeped me out big time. I gave the hotel staff a list of the problems and they did replace the torn chairs and the torn curtain. The lock remained broken.The broken handle remained hanging forlornly. No message, no offer to change my room, no apology for bugs and sub par room. Do Not book this hotel. Consider yourself forewarned.

Room Tip: Book the Best Western which was about 1 block away.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank marinaSeattle
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. The rooms are quite dated - some of the furniture could stand replacing. Not very soundproof - we were kept awake by outside vocal exchanges and then woken up at 6:30 by the same thing. Comfortable beds, also very clean and by far the cheapest accommodation we could find in Mount Vernon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I called to reserve my room for ten nights. When I make it to the lobby I was greeted with a very friendly smile and quickly checked into my room.
Of course the place is dated BUT I say that this is the cleanest, well kept place I've ever stayed in.
Housekeeping came by twice a day for the ppl that worked days AND nights which was awesome because my hubby was working nights. The rooms were quiet, I never heard the ppl next door.
Overall I would definitely stay here instead of a overpriced place without the charming ambience!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ashley P
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I made an online reservation for the Tulip Inn for a two night stay and received a confirming email. I later received a call saying that the motel was booked for the 2nd night and they needed to cancel my reservation. They did not offer any recourse other than for me to call another hotel.

I will not bother making a reservation with them again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was travelling by myself and stopped here for the night.
It was Clean & Safe at a very good price.
The lady at the front desk at night was extremely helpful and made sure that I got a
comfortable room, it had a kitchen if you need to make your own meals,
I wanted breakfast in the morning and got there at 9.30 got my coffee and went to turn to get
a muffin and the Morning clerk whisked the tray right out of its display case without even asking me if I wanted any. I thought he was extremely rude to have done such a thing.
He told me that breakfast was over, and did I not read the sign on the window. Ha!!!

Other than that strange incident I would recommend this motel if you need a quick night stay at a good price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo