“Great Owners Newly remodeled”

Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Very accommodating at this Clean little hotel, and they let me stay an hour late because i checked in so late.
Told them cleaning smell needed to be toned down.. otherwise perfect

Room Tip: West side rooms are quiter
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I recently booked online directly with the Tulip Inn just 2 days before or arrival on a Friday, April 20, 2012. I was a bit skeptical since the price was about $30 less than staying at comparable star rated hotels. However, I was relieved and very pleased with our accommodations on the second floor. At the time of our reservation, there were only rooms with 2 queen beds available. I didn't mind since the price was still very reasonable for last minute ($76 for the night including taxes). There are no elevators that I'm aware of, but this hotel is only two stories high.

I was concerned about freeway noise since the hotel is located next to I-5, but we didn't hear any traffic noise once we closed our door and turned on the fan (a trick I do to provide white noise in almost any place I stay).

I noticed someone posted about a dirty shower curtain in another review of the Tulip Inn. Ours appeared to be new and I also appreciated the CURVED shower rod from which the shower curtain hung. I was also happy to see a bathtub/shower rather than just a shower. I like to take hot baths my sore back. Since this hotel does not have a jacuzzi, I was relieved that I was able to take a bubble bath.

Other nice extras: free WiFi and larger parking spaces. I avoid door dings when at all possible. I found a few parking spots that were a decent size thankfully. I was able to park near our room on an end space. Thankfully, the parking lot is also well lit at night. There was also a plethora of towels provided (maybe because we had a room with 2 queen beds?).

The continental breakfast, to our surprise, had healthy options such as hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit besides the typical pastries. Hot chocolate, coffee and tea were also provided.

The Tulip Inn is located directly across from a super Walmart that's open 24-hours. Although we didn't need anything, it could've been handy. Also, the Cascade Mall and many chain restaurants (Red Robin, Applebee's, The Outback, Chuck E. Cheese, etc.) as well as a large movie theater are less than 3 miles away. Yes, less than THREE miles. :) I would definitely stay here again for close proximity to the Skagit Valley Tulip area (only 2 miles), for shopping needs, and easy access to Interstate 5.

Room Tip: Choose rooms closer to the hotel's office. Also, I always find the top floor quieter than the bo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Very Clean & Spacious.
Most importantly, the beds are clean and bed bugs free!
Bathrooms were clean. Except shower curtains were dirty so just don't touch the curtains.

The owners were very reasonable and professional.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Billy T
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Let me just start this off with.. The owners (who I assume were at the desk when I was there) are really nice. You get what you pay for though and the cheap price reflects typically who will come to this inn. We had drunk people next door that were up at all hours of the night, the pipes were super loud, SUPER loud. But I could see how if the drunk and yelling people weren't there, our time would have been average.The walls are paper thin too, which is why we heard when the neighbor's tv or music was on and when they were yelling.

However... whomever they hire to do the cleaning DOES NOT clean anything beyond the floor, the towels smell like bleach so I know those were cleaned but I do wonder about the sheets. I went to take a shower today and was about to gag because there was dark mold on the shower curtain and blood stains on it. I do NOT recommend coming here solely because of the cleaning. Those ladies should not have jobs. :(

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, don't get a bottom floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fartravelingfamily
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I've stayed here on a couple of occasions for just overnight. For the price it is a very good value. The rooms are clean and the front desk folks friendly. There are nicer hotels in the area but they're a lot more money. There are also hotels in the area that are not as nice and clean and they are still more money. If you're on a budget I'd recommend the Tulip Inn, if you're not as concerned with price, try the Hampton in Burlington.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenny S
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Apparently this was once a Travelodge. I came in exhausted and looking for a cheap, clean room with internet service. The Tulip Inn offered me a $4 discount, and a very clean room. I paid $61. There only seemed to be a few people in rooms. The freeway was a bit loud, but not too bad from my room. The wireless service had a very weak signal, but was functional. I got my dinner at the chinese restaurant about 50 feet away.

Breakfast - some tiny pastries, muffins, slices of bread, a little cereal. It's a little snack, but I reiterate that one isn't paying for breakfast at $61. Check out time is 11. I also got a kitchenette with a stove, sink, microwave and refrigerator. The night staff is friendlier than the morning staff.

I couldn't sleep. Maybe it was the bed or the pillows. It was a nice bed though, and I'm not attributing it to what I was going through at the time.

I've read every review here, and all I can say is that one has a responsibility to inspect rooms for cleanliness and condition before one rents a room, especially for a cheap place. I feel like I was quite lucky, but I had a good experience and my rating reflects that.

I would come back, but I would still check sheets, the mattress, carpeting and so forth before staying at any public inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I booked this Inn for one night stay on our way back to home from Leavenworth. We had to get on an Anacortes Ferry at 7:30am, so that place was close by, only 40 minutes to drive. There is nothing special there but all you would need for one night stay: our beds were comfortable; the room is big enough, has a TV, coffeemaker, shower. Our room was a bit smelly - chemicals they put during their cleaning were too strong for me. Personal was friendly, wake up call was done on time as we asked them. There is a hot breakfast there. There is a nice Buffet place just next door . Despite the fact the hotel is situated just along the noisy hwy 5, all windows are oriented off the road side, so we did not hear any noise, and sleep well. We would recommend this place for one night stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Best Western Plus Skagit Valley Inn and Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Burlington

Been to Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!