“My favorite breakfast joint”

Mr. T's Family Cafe
Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ok, yes, the place is small, and yes, they don't have much in the way of parking, but that is part of the charm, and everytime I go here they tend to be decently busy, so that speaks to the place as a whole. Portions are huge, and will fill up the average person easily. Good selection of breakfast fare, and the wait staff is friendly and attentive. They will keep your coffee filled, and when the food hits the table, be prepared to have MORE than enough to eat. I have a lot of good breakfast places near me, But I drive past them to keep coming here.

3  Thank KJ9000

Reviewed February 1, 2013

So the breakfast is what we go for, its good, they have nice portions. The place could use a facelift. but don't let that stop you. Its always packed

1  Thank schubsgirl
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

this is my favorite place for breakfast in mount Vernon. Great food. Large portions. No matter what you get make sure it comes with a biscuit. They are the biggest ones I have ever seen. Very fluffy and super tasty. You will not go away hungry.

2  Thank Cwukitty
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I see this place from the freeway every day while driving home from work, and finally decided to check it out for breakfast. Great Call! Food was excellent, prices very reasonable!

1  Thank MeisterEMH
Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you want enormous portions at a great price Mr. T's is the place to find. I had breakfast there with a family of 5 and we were greeted and seated rather quickly, amazingly because this place was crowded. All of the orders were huge especially the pancakes (big as the plates). I ordered the house special, Eggs Benedict, it came with almost a pound of potatoes however, the eggs were a bit overdone, but the Hollandaise sauce compensated for the lack of egg yolks.
I enjoyed my breakfast enough I came back the following day to experience something else on the menu and I was not dissatisfied. The sausages they serve are as fat as British bangers and they serve two of them along with a pound of potatoes, very satisfying.

1  Thank Anita B