“Washington Premier U18s” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Tacoma, Washington
“Washington Premier U18s”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Recently I booked a block of rooms for my sons soccer team while playing in a local tournament. I wanted to take the time to appreciate the staff at the Days Inn Mt. Vernon! David and Emily work the front desk and went above and beyond to help make our stay great! Obviously we knew we were not staying at a five star resort but the hotel was clean, conveniently located to everything we needed, and the staff was excellent! Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kennewick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was so disappointed in this hotel. First of all, the hotel maintenance men were dirty and kept coming by the breakfast buffet and just grabbing stuff with their dirty hands. They were disgusting. People just looked shocked. The rooms were dirty and had hair on the floor in the bathroom. Nothing was done about it when I complained. Will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed two nights at this location for a sports event in the area. The outside of the hotel was older and looked very worn. At check in there was a extremely abrasive woman employee "Becky" . She did not greet me, but just said "checking in?!" She asked for my last name, credit card and ID. I provided all to her, and she started to make a photocopy on my credit card and Photo ID. I asked why she needed to do that since she had my credit card number in her computer system. She just said it was policy. I told her that I did not want her to use my drivers licence and asked if any photo id would work and her reply was "it better have a picture on it". She gave me the key to the room and there was no option to have a second key, which was strange to me, but I had read on previous reviews that appeared to be standard. She said our room was on the second floor and the elevator was broken. We were bringing in bicycles for our event and had to carry them up a flight of stairs.

The room was average, it looked worn out and old. The room was very musty when we walked in and when we went to turn on the wall a/c the air was musty coming out of the a/c. We opened the window in order to bring in some fresh air. The A/C worked poorly the entire time, We ran it for two days and the room never got very cold. They advertise Wifi on the website and it is very poor and we could never get a connection they entire stay. We ended up at the Starbucks around the corner and had excellent wifi there.

On the positive the beds were comfortable and the linens looked and smelled clean.

The evening before we were to check out we wanted to change the credit card that we had presented upon check in. We were told by "Becky" (very rudely) that our credit card was already charged and she could not change it. I asked for her to issue a refund and then charge the new card. She said she could not do that. I asked why not. Then she said "what card did you want to change to?" I gave her the card and she was doing something on the computer and then handed me back the card and said okay. I said okay what? She said she changed it. I asked for a receipt for the charges that she canceled. She said she could not do that. I asked why not. Then she mumbled something about charges and cancellations on the same day do not produce a receipt. I was getting no where with this so I decided to talk to the manager the next day.

When I went to check out I talked to "David" who was the manager there. I explained what had transpired and he admitted that "Becky" can be abrasive. I was stunned that the management knows that and does nothing about it. I stated that it does not give a very positive impression to customers. Then I asked about my charges for the stay and what credit card it was charged to. I also asked about the receipt of canceling charges. Another front desk clerk "Earl" (who was very helpful and friendly) explained that the the charges would be canceled and that would be reflective in my credit card statement and their computer system does not reflect that. Although not happy about that, it was a better explanation then I got form "Becky". This hotel has practices that are questionable. I will not be staying here again, even though I have an yearly event in the town. The service was terrible and rude. The management seems to know about it and seems to not care. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Buckley, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here one night while we attended a wedding, we were on a budget and after reading the reviews decided to book anyways as it was just a place to sleep. We had a king business room that turned out to be pretty nice and the bed was really comfy. If youre looking for a view this would not be the place though there is a lot of nearby places to eat and a 4 min drive to the outlets. The breakfast is either a waffle, cereal, or toast but hey it comes with the room. All in all I was pleasantly surprised and apparently fortunate enough not to have the experience of some other travelers.

Room Tip: King business was the way to go
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was a central location to drive to the north Cascades loop, the San Juan Islands, and head north to the Canadian border. The room was clean and comfortable. The mattress on the bed was lumpy. The window opened, but there was no screen or a latch so we did feel a little uncomfortable with security. We propped up a hanger in the window track to provide some security. There is not a huge selection for the continental breakfast, but what they have is good. There is a diner across the street if you require a large breakfast. Also, there is a Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel that has fantastic food! The pool is smaller than what shows in the pictures. The staff is friendly which is a big plus. All in all, we were pleased with the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Julie M
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed the june 15 2014 We found dirty socks in our room left from previous guests as well as a broken bed on the left hand side sloped to the floor the sheets were badly stained thread bare and patched together. the bathroom floor was grimy and sticky as was the shower curtain! The lights in the hall ways are full of dead bugs so gross
the breakfast was not replenished the coffee cold and weak
This place is a dump!! We all felt like our skin was crawling If we hadnt checked in sooo late we would have written off the cost and went somewhere else
wifi didnt work and the cable is limited!! We will never EVER return!!!! When we informed the front desk person we got a well rehearsed OH Iam so sorry but have nice day !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Yvonne H
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I booked two rooms to stay for one night. The location was excellent, just off I-5. The rooms were old as I expected considered the price I paid for them. However, they were really roomy and clean. There was a desk and a small fridge in the room. Wifi was working just fine for our laptop, tablet and phones.

Breakfast was basic (make your own waffle, fruits, cereal, milk, juices) but included in the price which was nice.

It's an excellent value.

#4 of 5 in Mount Vernon
3.0 of 5 stars 128 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Burlington

Been to Days Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!