“You get little more then you'd think from a one star hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Mt. Vernon

Days Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Friday Harbor, Washington
“You get little more then you'd think from a one star hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

In a unexpected moment of running off the island for the night my boyfriend and I had to get a hotel this was the first one that showed up so seeing it was where we needed to be and the price was right we said why not and booked it. I have to say it was one time I was glad I didn't see any reviews. We showed up about tenish at night. We had a deal we really were happy with a king size bed for the same price as a queen. When we got up to the front desk it was very quite we were greeted very happily. The lady asked if we would like two queens instead of a king not knowing we were fine. I was very impressed that after the greeting she had thought about the bedding, most hotels I have been at wouldn't even ask. When we got to thw room I was pleased with how clean it was only a stool had a small stain on it. Being a house keeper myself I was every worried about how clean the room was. Once I got to the bathroom I saw that the tub and sink had some hairs in them and when my guy wiped a washcloth on the counter it came up kinda brown. And the bathtub half way through our showers would start to clogged. Other then that the room was very nice and clean. The TVs was a bit fuzzy but nothing to bad and the heater was wonderful. It took an hour to get thw room comfy but it wasn't to bad to start with. There was a couple fighting out side for an hour yelling and slamming doors but that did stop. In the morning we were leaving and over looked the breakfast bar, there really wasn't anything there so we grabbed a cup of coffee and left. We really with the coffee was stronger, it didn't even have a light coffee taste. But it worked for a quick fix. All in all I would come back it had so many pluses from mostly being clean lots of coffee in your room extra soaps extra. It was wroth it and we now know we have a hotel in that area we will be coming back to.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tumwater, Washington, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Lets just say the hotel looks better in pictures... When I arrived, the front desk person was away for 15 minutes and there was no bell to ring for service. The hotel and it's furniture was very dirty in the lobby and there was dust caked in the crevices of the carpeted stairs. There was also an unpleasant smell of cigarettes and bleach upon opening the doors to the front entrance. When I got to my room, there was hair in the shower and a very large dark stain on the ceiling over my bed. Between the smell and the eye sore naturally painted above me, I didn't get much sleep. I should have eaten the money and gone somewhere else.

Room Tip: Clean the hotel properly, paint/repair any stains, and provide a bell at the front desk for service.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Burnaby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I enjoy staying here. I come back each year as the price is right and they provide breakfast and coffee. The coffee in the room is very weak and just not good.
The beds are comfy. TV is good. Internet works most of the time. Good location. I would do it again!

Langley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel is an older hotel that could use a little updating. The stay was excellent, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff were friendly.

Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The value was good for what we needed. The only disappointment was the spotty and weak WiFi connection. The pool was closed for the off-season, but the pool area and garden looked well maintained and I am sure in the summer it would offer a great family-oriented activity.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My friends and I went down to Burlington / Mt. Vernon for Black Friday sales. The Days Inn was in a great location central to all the shopping. The hotel was
a little old and showed some wear and tear but it was extremely clean and tidy.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was better than I would have expected given the price of the rooms. We would definitely stay there again. The only negative I could come up with is that they could use
some new pillows.

Cocusa Motel
Cocusa Motel
#5 of 6 in Burlington
3.0 of 5 stars 63 reviews

Been to Days Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!