“Days Inn Mt Vernon....not so good :(”

Days Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
SURREY
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived to o a smiling face, which was a nice start. Arrived in our room to find a HUGE looking disaster on the ceiling, which upon closer inspection turned out to be old water damage - and the repair was staples on a metallic popcorn ceiling, which looked like a Frankenstein patch. I needed to use the facilities, and went to shut the bathroom door, which didn't shut. I closed it as close as I could (for privacy) and then after washing my hands found I could not open the door, and kept yanking on it till I could finally open it, and heard wood splitting. Looked at the top of the door, and found many others had done the same thing, which is why the wood was all split at the top of the door. When having a bath, you could not get hotter than medium warm for a shower or bath, not what I was looking for. The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke even though this was a non smoking room.
When we went out to dinner, we advised the young woman at the counter, who seemed stunned that the room was in that state of disrepair. She stated she was going to go up and look at it.
When we came back, she greeted us with a big smile and a wave, and said nothing.
After a shower, climbing into bed, I pulled back the covers and realized that the bed had NOT been changed from the previous cellmate (read guest). Looking at the sheets even closer, there were holes, repair patches, and giant grease marks (as if someone had used baby oil and wiped their hands or body off with the sheet), Needless to say, I was not going to sleep on those, and used the top blanket to sleep. This is not a nice place to stay at all. If it was clean, I truly didn't notice as everything else was so poor. I do know the A/C worked as I used it for a while, but, it was so noisy I had to turn it off or turn the TV up so loud the neighbours I am sure would have complained. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. I am surprised that the Wyndham group has not stepped in to alter this situation as they are not known for poor facilities.

1 Thank JERRY-LEE G
LACEY
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very easy to find. Near many restaurants and I5 was easy to get to. The waffles were exceptionally good.

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

On checking in we noticed that the ceiling over the bed had been badly damaged over a 4 to 5 foot area. Repairs had been attempted by stapleing it all back together. Dozens of staples. We brought this to the attention of the front desk as we were going out for dinner. The staff person said she would look into it while we were out. Nothing was said by the staff on our return, or at check out the next morning. When we turned down the bed after returning, my wife commented that it looked like the bed had been slept in. I didn't think that was a possibility in any hotel these days so I dismissed this. We then noticed that the sheets were badly stained and had been patched to cover rips. While I do not expect a budget motel to have all the frills, I do expect at least clean fresh bedding. As the booking had been done through an online booking company with a no refund, no change policy, we were kind of stuck. This motel should definately be removed from their list and I have advised them as such.

1 Thank Bob H
LAKE STEVENS
Reviewed October 8, 2012

i booked a pet friendly,smoking room online.When we got there i had to only have a pet friendly room,because they gave the last room away.but i guess that was ok because we only had to walk bout 10 feet to outside to smoke.but next time i'm going to make sure that i get the right room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Vernon
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Burlington

Been to Days Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!