“Great stay at Days Inn”

Days Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had a wonderful stay here. The receptionist started off with great hospitality. We stayed August 17,2011. She made every effort to help us. Since we were on a bicycle trip she mentioned bike paths we could take to Anacortes to avoid a huge hill, she also offered to put out breakfast early since we were planning to leave in the morning before the continental breakfast at 6am. Wow!! beyond necessary. We did not leave that early after all and enjoyed a very good, healthy breakfast. The room was clean, updated and very comfortable.
Thanks for everything. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2011

This place had some terrible reviews which got me worried, but I needed a place to sleep for 2 nights for our whole family during out whale watching trip. This place isn't a complete dump at all. The customer servie was great. There was always someone at the front desk when I needed them.

Pros: Adjoining rooms. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Good continental breakfast (waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, juice & coffee), great customer service, great price/very affordable for a family of 7. Though the neighborhood wasn't the best, it wasn't that bad. I wsan't fearing for the safety of our family. Lots of stores and restaurants near by. WalMart is right round the corner (ideal for those of us that forgot stuff).

Cons: Walls are thin, we slept fine, but there was the occassional loud person in the hallway. The pool is rather small. My kids were the only ones there, so the size was fine. If there were more kids, it would be a little too snug. Really, for us, those were the only cons.

Overall, this place wasn't too shabby. Not as bad as many of the bad reviews stated. Basically, if you want a luxurious retreat, don't stay at a Days Inn. If you want a decent place that is very affordable and not too far of a drive to catch the Anacrotes Ferry, this place is more than fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Good value. The mattress were older and being too soft, found a used plastic knife resting on the boxspring due to the mattress was push off to one side, didn't find any bugs though, sheets were clean. Need new towels!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This could be a great place to stay if they fired their current housekeeping company. At breakfast, several of the workers were having loud discussions in Spanish just feet from the dining area. One lady came out & took my bagel out of the toaster & went away with it. When I complained, the lady stood there & lied, when several other guests saw her do it. The housekeeping manager cut me off in the hallway when going into a room, & then did it again when entering the elevator. I also complained about a loud & obnoxious dog barking next to my room -> the desk clerk told me it belonged to the owners & they leave it in any available room when they come to work... very humane.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Days Inn was comfortable and quiet. The woman at the front desk was cheerful and helpful. We would go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Very hard to find hotel- service road off a service road. Rooms were large, but average in condition. Bed was very comfortable. We just came off a cruise so size of room was more than welcome. Staff was very helpful and helped us plan activities for the next day before we flew home. Breakfast was a little better than average for free continental. A lot of negative reviews, but we had no problems.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Spent 15 minutes filling in one of those emailed 'Days Inn Mount Vernon-Casino Area Survey Invitation' but know nothing will come of it so thought I'd write on here as I read reviews before booking a place also ;-) My wife and I stayed just the one night for approx $85. We booked online from a coffee shop just 1 hour before checking in. The 'motel' photographs have been mentioned in previous posts and they really do not represent what the place is like at the present (June 2011)although that does seem like a fairly regular trick by the hotel owners. I laughed when I saw the pool.

I have to say the staff were really friendly, but there was nothing they could do about the deteriorating building they were working in. It's way past it's life span as a chain named motel, the room smelt of really cheap floor cleaner, the walls were super thin and so easy to listen to next doors TV or conversations and cerainly wouldn't walk around on the carpet with bare feet as everything was so old. If you've been driving for 10 hours straight and are so tired that you would sleep pretty much anywhere and on anything then this will work for you. If your looking for a bit of regular comfort and something that's fairly modern then give it a miss. It really is pretty gross.

Ivor

Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Burlington

Been to Days Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!