“Love the place”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We've been here last Saturday after the visiting the tulips garden. The place is spacious and its not so crowded, we did not wait to have our seats which is another good thing. We ordered the kyoto chicken for appetizer, it is like a karage and it tasted so good that we ordered another one. For our main course, we ordered chicken terriyaki, mixed sashimi, gyudon bowl and ramen, serving is very reasonable and staff are friendly. For dessert, we had mochi, yummy!

3  Thank mingtaw

Reviewed October 20, 2012

After reading the good reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to stop in. We were shown to a table in a room that felt like we were in a tree house. Glass walls practically and beautiful leafy trees all around. A very serene part of the restaurant. We each chose a different dish and both were excellent, we will return. We love the vintage house that is the location of the restaurant, it is charming, with Japanese decor.

6  Thank Arline S
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The restaurant is located in a nice family-style building full of light from the skylights. The service is very friendly and personal. The food is superb! We loved the steak and salmon. The Asian dessert is wonderful.

3  Thank Poisik
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is my favorite place to eat in Mount Vernon. It's perfect for lunch with friends, a date with my hubby or a group dinner before a show. I love their Asian Curry and Teriyaki. Every dish we've tried has been wonderful. They use quality ingredients and prepare everything themselves ... and it tastes amazing. They are constantly adding new items and you always get a little taste of something to try. Great atmosphere and reasonable prices, too!

3  Thank Val M
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We noticed the Kyoto Kitchen one day and after reading the reviews, decided to give it a try. From the minute we walked in the door a great experience. The waitress was very friendly and helpful with suggestions. I tried the Bento, a very large sampler starting with a delicious salad and miso soup and including teriyaki salmon, tempura, sushi, and rice and ending with ice cream. My wife ordered Gyudon, a huge bowl of rice stacked with very tasty, thinly sliced beef. While all the food was great, I have to say that the salmon was the best I've ever had. We can't wait to go back again! I highly recommend Kyoto Kitchen.

2  Thank Kenny S