“Good Food”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The menu had several choices, service was good and so was the food.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

worst "french onion soup" EVER...caesar salad was nothing to write home about either....staff was friendly and the bread pudding was very good BUT would never recommeed to friends or family and will never go again myself...shame too as frequent the Lincoln Theatre often

1  Thank Jean B
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Great Atmosphere. Very warm and inviting. A great place to go on a cold day. Went with a group of friends on a Friday night. There was a little bit of a wait, but it was probably because we had such a large party, plus it was a Friday night.
Our waitress was wonderful and very attentive. She gave us great advice on what to order and had a great personality.
Food was fantastic. My husband ordered the Shepherd's Pie, and he loved it. I ordered the crab mac n cheese, and it was wonderful. Rich and creamy, with huge chunks of crab. Delicious!
Prices were a little higher than I expected, but the food was great so it felt justified.
We will definitely dine here again.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stopped for lunch on our way to Vancouver. We asked at the Tourist Center for a suggestion for something other than fast food. We sat at the front with the sliding door open so we could enjoy the nice weather. I had the crab mac & cheese and it was wonderful. It was very rich and plentiful. My husband had the fish and chips and also thought they were good. Service was excellent. We did not have liquor.....just ice tea and diet soda. The waiter was constantly refilling our drink glasses. It was a nice little break for us before we hit the road again. I've read the negative reviews on this site but we didn't experience anything negative.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

I have eaten at this restauant several times, and if it's not one thing it's another. One time we ordered the stuffed mushrooms and they were the size of an olive, and some were well done and others barely cooked. This time we had crab cakes, and they were dry, brown and crumbly - on the inside! Huh? They didn't taste like crab at all; I would have compared it to a hamburger patty. ( We sent them back, and the amount was taken off the bill.) Part of the reason I return items that are distateful is in the hopes that a manager or chef can correct the problem. The owner was on site in this case, and I overheard him telling our waitress that some people just have different tastes. Which means he was defending the dish, and I have to assume he at least looked at it. We will not be wasting our money at The Trumpeter again. Which is too bad, because most of the wait staff has been great.