I found this motel via the Choice Hotels loyalty scheme.
As previous reviews have commented, the motel is very close to the I-5 and outside of the rooms, the road noise is very loud. However, it didn't disturb us inside the room, and the air conditioning unit worked well so we didn't need to open the window.
Our king bed was excellent quality, and the room was clean and tidy.
The things I didn't like:
1. We were on the end of the second floor, and the noise of people going up and down the wooden stairs/landing was very noticeable. This was more annoying than the noise of the I-5.
2. The tiny marshmallow pillows! The little sqare pillows are not very comfortable. I would have bought my own if I'd realised.
3. The room was not at all dark at night. The stadium-quality exterior lighting came round the edges of the black-out curtains.
The breakfast buffet was standard and ok. As usual in August, there's no room in a breakfast room, and it's not a relaxing experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Mount Vernon
- Comfort Inn Mount Vernon
- Quality Inn Mount Vernon