“Basic Motel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I found this motel via the Choice Hotels loyalty scheme.

As previous reviews have commented, the motel is very close to the I-5 and outside of the rooms, the road noise is very loud. However, it didn't disturb us inside the room, and the air conditioning unit worked well so we didn't need to open the window.

Our king bed was excellent quality, and the room was clean and tidy.

The things I didn't like:

1. We were on the end of the second floor, and the noise of people going up and down the wooden stairs/landing was very noticeable. This was more annoying than the noise of the I-5.

2. The tiny marshmallow pillows! The little sqare pillows are not very comfortable. I would have bought my own if I'd realised.

3. The room was not at all dark at night. The stadium-quality exterior lighting came round the edges of the black-out curtains.

The breakfast buffet was standard and ok. As usual in August, there's no room in a breakfast room, and it's not a relaxing experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed May 23, 2010

Quality Inn in Mount Vernon FAILED! personally i would avoid this place

I booked this place two queen size bed for My wife, her sister and her father for a weekend getaway . They arrived at 2pm and told Quality INn would call them when the room was ready. They were all tired from getting up early 5am and spending 3 and half hours at the USA/Canadian Border from the long car lineups.

After 5pm,, i called my wife , she said they were still waiting for the room,, I told her to go to the Motel and tell them its over due. She text me they were check in and her dad was going to take a nap and they were off to the Skagit Casino.

The next morning I called my wife, she told me they left early because they were given a room close to the highway, the road noise and the shower nob fell-off the next morning when they all needed to take a shower from all the smokers from the Casino the nite before. The Lady at the front desk should have reimbursed my wife on checkout, The front desk said she was sorry, my wife said, her husband would deal with this, now i'm dealing with it on here.

You want to book a place for your family members, don't book this place if you want to wait for a room t'ill dinner time past 5pm, for your long wait given a room at the end next to the highway and then wake up the next morning to a no shower because its falling apart.

this is the reservation i had booked for them

Reserved for:

Extra guest charges C$12.92 per night
Amount charged for hotel reservation C$108.52
Room options / Additional requests

2 QUEEN BEDS, Non-Smoking
Special request: 2 queen size bed please non smoking. will be arriving today Saturday May 22 booking under Sherry Hector

my name is Malcolm Hebert

************************************************************************************************
For Mount Vernon, Washington ,
I strongly recommend below for those who don't know:
Next time i'll book my family members to

the Fairfield Inn® by Marriott: in Burlington or The Best Western Lakeway Inn
in Bellingham i-5 exit #253 for overnight stay for shopping / casino

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This is our second time staying at the Quality Inn. We liked it both times. Had no problems with anything. The beds are good, rooms are clean and the breakfast is top notch. It is situated near a busy freeway, but we didn't hear the traffic on it at all. The clerks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. There is also a walmart close by as well as restaurants, fast food places and a convenience store very close by. The on site laundry was helpful espeically with young children. This isn't the Hilton but good value for your money and we will be back again if passing through the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed here twice in the month of Oct. Just the kind of place we like, clean,safe and not to expensive. The free continental breakfast was very good.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We went up for the tulip festival. It was myself and my two sons. We got a coupon from the Room Saver paper for 59.99. My older son is in a wheelchair, but handicapped rooms only have one bed so we got a regular room. It was clean enough and smelled good. I didn't like that the toilet is practically in the bathtub, they are so close. The pool and hot tub were clean, not creepy like at some lower end places I have stayed. There is no view, it's right next to the freeway and an Arbys. The beds had lots of pillows. Only problem we encountered was the people who stayed in the room next door and slammed the door continuously and talked loudly outside our room. This is just the kind of place to lie your weary head, relax before bed in the hot tub and get up and eat your free breakfast and then be on your way.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2009

After reading the most recent posts, I was hesitant about staying here, even using my points. We had no unpleasant experience at all. I'm being picky to even mention our king bed, 2nd-level room did not come with a tv remote, which we did not get until the next day. And the sink faucet only overhangs the sink by an inch. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable - better than most beds we've slept in in Vegas(and paid a lot of money for). And plenty of pillows. From biscuits and gravy, to Yoplait yogurt, to waffles, the breakfast was fresh and tasty all 4 days. Did not use the pool. Maybe it has new owners or is under new management, or both. Whatever, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wolfdog6
Reviewed January 4, 2009

I have stayed here off and on over the years. It was formerly a Comfort Inn, and my stays during that time were satisfactory. Since it switched to a Quality Inn a couple of years ago, I've noticed that the property has really gone downhill. I avoid staying here unless there aren't other nearby options, and this time I used Choice Hotel points for a free two-night stay. I wish I'd saved my points for a better location, and paid for a decent hotel room instead.

My room was shabby -- a splintered doorframe, filthy carpet, numerous holes in the walls, stained and spotted bedspread. The exterior wasn't much better -- the parking lot was littered and dirty, and the flower beds looked weedy and unkempt.

The first night, the toilet in the bathroom kept refilling the tank every few minutes with a loud WHOOSH which kept waking me up. The second night, someone got up and clumped around upstairs at 3:30 -- slamming doors and making lots of noise. Again, not much sleep.

I didn't bother with their free breakfast -- previous experience with their stale Costco muffins and oatmeal packets sent me to the nearby McDonalds for a more satisfying Egg McMuffin instead.

I won't be staying here again -- even a free stay on points isn't worth it for this dump.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank saltchuck
QualityInn_GM083, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Dear Saltchuck,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us however negative they may be. It is with these evaluations that we are able to better assess and then progress our services to meet the needs of our guests.

From what I have read, it sounds as if you had a terrible stay with us. I am sorry. Please know that in the past 6 months great strides have been taken so as to reconcile and renew that faith of our guests.

We have purchased and installed brand new spring boxes and mattresses in all the rooms, as well new carpets, fresh paint jobs, and even renovated the smoking rooms. As the General Manager I am making efforts to fix and change the image of the hotel so we really do offer "Quality" accomodations for a comfortable and relaxing stay.

In hopes of a renewed faith I would like to offer you a special stay with us. Please contact me at 360 428 7020 so that we can reserve your next stay. Thank you!

Quality Inn Mount Vernon

#5 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Best Western Plus Skagit Valley Inn and Convention Center
Candlewood Suites Burlington
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!