“Comfortable, but not extraordinary” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Federal Way, Washington
“Comfortable, but not extraordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

We went up for the tulip festival. It was myself and my two sons. We got a coupon from the Room Saver paper for 59.99. My older son is in a wheelchair, but handicapped rooms only have one bed so we got a regular room. It was clean enough and smelled good. I didn't like that the toilet is practically in the bathtub, they are so close. The pool and hot tub were clean, not creepy like at some lower end places I have stayed. There is no view, it's right next to the freeway and an Arbys. The beds had lots of pillows. Only problem we encountered was the people who stayed in the room next door and slammed the door continuously and talked loudly outside our room. This is just the kind of place to lie your weary head, relax before bed in the hot tub and get up and eat your free breakfast and then be on your way.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

After reading the most recent posts, I was hesitant about staying here, even using my points. We had no unpleasant experience at all. I'm being picky to even mention our king bed, 2nd-level room did not come with a tv remote, which we did not get until the next day. And the sink faucet only overhangs the sink by an inch. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable - better than most beds we've slept in in Vegas(and paid a lot of money for). And plenty of pillows. From biscuits and gravy, to Yoplait yogurt, to waffles, the breakfast was fresh and tasty all 4 days. Did not use the pool. Maybe it has new owners or is under new management, or both. Whatever, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wolfdog6
Long Beach, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

I have stayed here off and on over the years. It was formerly a Comfort Inn, and my stays during that time were satisfactory. Since it switched to a Quality Inn a couple of years ago, I've noticed that the property has really gone downhill. I avoid staying here unless there aren't other nearby options, and this time I used Choice Hotel points for a free two-night stay. I wish I'd saved my points for a better location, and paid for a decent hotel room instead.

My room was shabby -- a splintered doorframe, filthy carpet, numerous holes in the walls, stained and spotted bedspread. The exterior wasn't much better -- the parking lot was littered and dirty, and the flower beds looked weedy and unkempt.

The first night, the toilet in the bathroom kept refilling the tank every few minutes with a loud WHOOSH which kept waking me up. The second night, someone got up and clumped around upstairs at 3:30 -- slamming doors and making lots of noise. Again, not much sleep.

I didn't bother with their free breakfast -- previous experience with their stale Costco muffins and oatmeal packets sent me to the nearby McDonalds for a more satisfying Egg McMuffin instead.

I won't be staying here again -- even a free stay on points isn't worth it for this dump.

• Liked — Didn't have to pay for the room -- redeemed Choice Hotel points
  • Disliked — Room was dirty and poorly maintained -- needed renovations
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank saltchuck
QualityInn_GM083, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Dear Saltchuck,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us however negative they may be. It is with these evaluations that we are able to better assess and then progress our services to meet the needs of our guests.

From what I have read, it sounds as if you had a terrible stay with us. I am sorry. Please know that in the past 6 months great strides have been taken so as to reconcile and renew that faith of our guests.

We have purchased and installed brand new spring boxes and mattresses in all the rooms, as well new carpets, fresh paint jobs, and even renovated the smoking rooms. As the General Manager I am making efforts to fix and change the image of the hotel so we really do offer "Quality" accomodations for a comfortable and relaxing stay.

In hopes of a renewed faith I would like to offer you a special stay with us. Please contact me at 360 428 7020 so that we can reserve your next stay. Thank you!

Quality Inn Mount Vernon
Management
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

"Quality" is certainly a misnomer here. Avoid it if you can. There are far nicer options in town, some at about the same price point.

We made a reservation online with Quality Inn, where they claimed "pet free" and "100% satisfaction guarantee."

I have severe allergies (also noted in the reservation for good measure); when I arrived I was disturbed by the "pet friendly" sign. After the lengthy wait for check in, I reminded the clerk about my need for the pet-free accommodations we reserved. I was assured all the 2nd floor was pet free.

The room had an overwhelming odor. The bathroom was mold filled. The stained carpet was pretty disgusting. Given the allergy attack that was triggered, I suspect it was not pet free and requested a room switch, but was denied.

Breakfast was very disorganized and I wondered about the level of hygiene in the preparation.

They could not give us a receipt at check out. They also didn't bother asking how the stay was.

I contacted the chain with a small subsample of these comments and was promised that the manager would respond. He/she never did. So much for 100% satisfaction guarantee.

This property is pinned between the highway and fast food restaurants (in fact, the exit for one of the restaurants goes directly by some rooms), so don't expect quiet. And don't expect much in the way of cleanliness, good service, or a good breakfast either. Also don't expect Choice Hotels to honor their satisfaction guarantee.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington the State
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

This was my 3rd stay at this motel, seeing as I joined their rewards program. Every time, I show up, and the reservations are messed up. I called ahead this time, was told all was well, and of course it wasn't. I have had unchanged beds, dirt galore, housekeeping staff that ravages the breakfast buffet before the guests, so there are parents trying to work with a little sugary cereal, no milk and two pieces of white bread. Go in early, and the staff will glare you right out of the room. I was yelled at on the second stay for daring to come in for a cup of coffee (there was none in my room). Hope you don't mind getting back to whatever your prefered TV station is one click at a time, because whatever channel you've left it on, it will be on one of the Latin language stations when you return. Good thing they're pet freindly to, considering the lovely beetles running amok in my last room. Then you get a snarky reply from either the management, or now the chain themselves. Nice way to build business. It's dirty, the housekeeping is lax on a good day, and I don't envy the desk clerks who have to deal with all the nonsense due to management and housekeeping. I cannot get into my album on T-Mobile's website right now, but maybe can add the pictures later? Hope so, since the company seems to believe I'm lying.
From the chain;
have noticed everytime you have stayed with us you have made a complaint about something to Choice Hotels. I do apologize for the problems you have had and will refund $153.00 which is half of everything you paid for the weekend. But obviously you are not satisfied with our hotel and will probably never be from what I can tell about your comments, so I ask that when you are back in the area you find different accomodations.
Yeah, way better than nothing like the other two times, but still pretty snippy, and doesn't address fixing anything for any other poor shlubs that stay.

• Liked — Pool temperature
  • Disliked — Housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
Days Inn Mt. Vernon
#5 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Burlington

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!