“Not very good”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed April 30, 2011

The room was not very clean - dated interior, small cushions for pillows, stained lamp shades, broken hair dryer, broken volume on TV. The breakfast room was looked due to undesireable people roming around that we unfortunatley encountered. This lead to a hasty departure. Travel the extra 5min and stay in Burlington!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 12, 2010

There isn't much to say about the place. It's reasonably clean (just don't pull the mattresses away from the wall or you won't be impressed), bathroom is tidy, rooms have ac/heat and are reasonably quiet when the windows are closed.

Staff are very polite and quite helpful, and the motel itself is in a good location. All in all, if it had been about $15 less than it was, it would have been excellent value. but for the $80-90 it cost for an overnight stay, it was overpriced.

The breakfast offered is a nice touch, but god forbid the motel is anywhere near half full - you can forget getting anything quickly to eat unless you are up at the crack of dawn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This was a nice place to stay. Room with 2 queens was clean and comfy. Check in had no problems. Breakfast was ok. Location was perfect with 2 minutes off the Interstate 5. Would recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stay in hotels as much as (3) night a week so i have to shop and negotiate rates quite often.
I have a coupon for $59.00 to stay at Days Inn that i clipped from a travels coupon book from McDonalds. Quality Inn advertised in the past in the same book so I stopped to check on the rates and ask if they would price match.
The clerk said: we don't have a coupon our rooms are $89.00 a night and i said "your competitor has a coupon. He replied "Our rooms are better quality".
I said "I’ve stayed at both hotels before and i disagree; there is no difference. Your rooms actually have more road noise because you’re off the freeway". He said "you’re entitled to your opinion”. I asked: "have you stayed at the Days Inn before and he said "no, our guests have told us". I said “you’re entitled to your opinion".
Well I was a guest at the Quality Inn and I'm here to tell you that not everyone agrees that they are a better in Quality than the Days Inn. Pick up a coupon book and save the $30.00 dollars; you will get a much better deal i.e. a clean and quiet room away from the freeway, an excellent breakfast and polite professional staff.
Clerks like this guy deal with the same questions every day and give the same repetitious text book answers don’t buy into the BS!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I found this motel via the Choice Hotels loyalty scheme.

As previous reviews have commented, the motel is very close to the I-5 and outside of the rooms, the road noise is very loud. However, it didn't disturb us inside the room, and the air conditioning unit worked well so we didn't need to open the window.

Our king bed was excellent quality, and the room was clean and tidy.

The things I didn't like:

1. We were on the end of the second floor, and the noise of people going up and down the wooden stairs/landing was very noticeable. This was more annoying than the noise of the I-5.

2. The tiny marshmallow pillows! The little sqare pillows are not very comfortable. I would have bought my own if I'd realised.

3. The room was not at all dark at night. The stadium-quality exterior lighting came round the edges of the black-out curtains.

The breakfast buffet was standard and ok. As usual in August, there's no room in a breakfast room, and it's not a relaxing experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Quality Inn in Mount Vernon FAILED! personally i would avoid this place

I booked this place two queen size bed for My wife, her sister and her father for a weekend getaway . They arrived at 2pm and told Quality INn would call them when the room was ready. They were all tired from getting up early 5am and spending 3 and half hours at the USA/Canadian Border from the long car lineups.

After 5pm,, i called my wife , she said they were still waiting for the room,, I told her to go to the Motel and tell them its over due. She text me they were check in and her dad was going to take a nap and they were off to the Skagit Casino.

The next morning I called my wife, she told me they left early because they were given a room close to the highway, the road noise and the shower nob fell-off the next morning when they all needed to take a shower from all the smokers from the Casino the nite before. The Lady at the front desk should have reimbursed my wife on checkout, The front desk said she was sorry, my wife said, her husband would deal with this, now i'm dealing with it on here.

You want to book a place for your family members, don't book this place if you want to wait for a room t'ill dinner time past 5pm, for your long wait given a room at the end next to the highway and then wake up the next morning to a no shower because its falling apart.

this is the reservation i had booked for them

Reserved for:

Extra guest charges C$12.92 per night
Amount charged for hotel reservation C$108.52
Room options / Additional requests

2 QUEEN BEDS, Non-Smoking
Special request: 2 queen size bed please non smoking. will be arriving today Saturday May 22 booking under Sherry Hector

my name is Malcolm Hebert

************************************************************************************************
For Mount Vernon, Washington ,
I strongly recommend below for those who don't know:
Next time i'll book my family members to

the Fairfield Inn® by Marriott: in Burlington or The Best Western Lakeway Inn
in Bellingham i-5 exit #253 for overnight stay for shopping / casino

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This is our second time staying at the Quality Inn. We liked it both times. Had no problems with anything. The beds are good, rooms are clean and the breakfast is top notch. It is situated near a busy freeway, but we didn't hear the traffic on it at all. The clerks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. There is also a walmart close by as well as restaurants, fast food places and a convenience store very close by. The on site laundry was helpful espeically with young children. This isn't the Hilton but good value for your money and we will be back again if passing through the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
#2 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Best Western Plus Skagit Valley Inn and Convention Center
Candlewood Suites Burlington
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!