“glad to have found it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossyrock
Lake Mayfield Marina Resort & RV Park
Naches, Washington
“glad to have found it!”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We as a family can't see how anyone could have not enjoyed their stay at the resort and marina.
We were lucky enough to have found it on one of our day trips in I believe 2008. We happened on it by accident since we were looking for the one run by Tacoma Power and made a wrong turn.
Since it was april or there about, and the store wasn't busy, we were given the grand tour of all of the buildings and plenty of time was spent answering our questions. Since we both work for a large hotel chain, we think about these things differently than most I guess. We were impressed enough to go back with our boat soon after that and stayed in the Itsy for the night, and used the boat slips. We were hooked.
We have returned several times with as many family members that we could talk into trying something different, and this years reservations have been made since February to make sure that we would get the accomodations that we wanted.
We have always been made to feel welcome by both the staff and other campers, and have never had any problems with anyone we have encountered there. I can't say the same about the other campground.
The fact that I can just step into and out of the boat when it is time to catch the big one, and not have to worry about getting wet or hurt in the process is enough for me, but it doesn't end there. The showers were surprisingly long for the money, and though not as up to date as some, there hasn't been a lineup waiting for it since there isn't 2000 other people using it also.
The fishing is great, though we haven't always come back with a boat load. I guess that is way they call it fishing not catching. There are fish down there though (we have the pictures of our fish finder to prove it), unless our fish finder is lying to us. The lake is enjoyable even if the fish aren't biting. The other boaters at this end of the lake actually seem to have some boating manners.
It might not have all of the grass that can be found at others in the area, but you don't have to contend with workers out mowing, leaf blowing, tree trimming and all of the other noisy activities that we have run into, either.
We have never had the experience of loud, foul mouthed, onoxious campers near us at the resort. I can't say the same for our stays at the other place.
I agree with those saying that if you want to have a party when you go camping this is not the place for you. I go there to enjoy my self doing things that I don't get to do but a few times a year. But there is a place for you that feel otherwise, it is just down the road aways.
I was surprised that anyone would complain about any of the rules. To me they seem to just be common sence, and nothing to get upset about.
As for the rates that are charged there, I would like to find out where these people go that they have water, power -and- sewer hookups at every RV. In our experience there have only been a handful out of 25-50 or more sites with that. And as for the rooms and cabins, though I have yet to stay in one (hopefully on another trip this year) the prices don't seem to me to be that much. Have you stayed at just a decent hotel lately? If we had to pay the full price to stay at one of our hotels, there would go the vacation money. Sure you can find some that are less, but you get what you pay for (or don't) most of the time. No thank you.
My goal in this life is to get one of the memberships at Mayfield Resort and Marina so that we will be able to enjoy the good company that we have found there more often than we have so far, and I think that the rest of the family is coming around to our way of thinking after finally checking it out recently.
Since the restaurant is only open on the weekends, and our work scedule doesn't allow for us to be there most weekends, we haven't tried it yet, but hope to soon.
I not only have the web site as one of my favorites, but the phone number is on my list on my phone to make for easier access. When a chance for us to get there comes up I'll be speed dialing to make the reservations.
I'd say try it once,and you'll come back for more, but I'm selfish enough to want for there to be space available when I want to stay there. You could just stop in and check it out if you happen to be in the area like we did when we first found it though. I can't imagine that you will be sorry.
My first thought when I found out that new owners just recently took over, was that they would be making changes, but after talking to Cheryl in the office, if there are changes they will be good ones. Very good ones.
I don't know if you could tell, but we highly, highly, highly recommend the place.

Room Tip: middle row of RV sites closest to office
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank sunnybee_11

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
seattle, washington
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Wow. It was a jarring experience to drive up to the serenity of the lake, looking forward to our vacation, only to be greeted with the angriest person on the planet, a rude marina employee by the name of Sheryl. The way she spoke with upon arriving, with all her rules and telling us how to behave, made us feel like we were guilty of crimes we had not yet committed, and yet we are just a quiet family who just wanted to peacefully enjoy our time away. She clearly doesn't like her job, nor the guests she must deal with. What a pity, as it sets a tone and gives you a lasting impression of the Lake Mayfield experience, as you can see and hear her getting on her guests' case all day long, every day. There are plenty of rental houses to stay in at the lake, so when we return, we will choose this option and not stay at the marina.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank thetraveler061
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Like many of the post below we too will NEVER go back! Or least not go back while Jerry the Jerk is in charge.
The Lake is a fabulous lake to spend with family and friends.. the marina/campground is one to stay away from.. Like all the rest of the horrible reviews we too were treated like crap. Told at 10:01 pm that we must go to inside our tents & trailers and go to bed. There is absolutely NO talking.. They say you can only whisper and they mean whisper. Talking in a inside voice is not allowed.
A group above us were celebrating a birthday for their mother and at 10:15 sang in a low voice Happy Birthday.. enjoying a cake with candles.. our group was happy to sing along (also in a low voice) and even laughed that this might get us kicked out! Sure enough 30 seconds later, there they were in their night gowns and golf cart telling us we would have to pack our things and leave. Now come on.. What does that show our kids?
We didn't end up having to leave but were threatened that if they had to come over one more time we were gone. The people above us and 4 sites around us could not believe what they had witnessed and all stated that they too would never stay here again..
So take it for what it's worth.. but read all the reviews.. not only on this site but others.. you will find that overall, Lake Mayfield Resort is not a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank letscamp
Gig Harbor
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Fantastic place to camp,fish,boat.My wife, daughter and I went there for out third time this summer. We plan another trip back in late fall, and maybe one in winter to see what its like.We love this place. Its one of our most favorite places to go camping. We love the store, the facilities, the camp sights, everything. Its definitely a family place,,, so if you're a party person, or noisy type person, do not go. There are rules, to keep every one happy. Like quiet time is 10:00 PM. Noise , voices, really carry here. I could hear kids talking from the island at night. If you want a great place to take you're family, this is it,,,I highly recommend it with all my heart,,,they rent boats, canoe's, Kayaks, etc., too,,,Store has everything,,,

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 2IamViking2
Tacoma
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Lake Mayfield Resort fulfilled the needs of all the parents and children in our group. We had days of fun on the water, nights of dancing in the pavilion, good food and warm fires for the yummy s'mores before bedtime.
The management and employees were extremely hospitable. We have never been so catered to in any campground with smiles. Love it and cannot wait to visit again!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank JensenTacoma
Milwaukie
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The folks here are very pleasant and gracious. Very nice place to come and get away from it all. My wife and I camped here with some of our friends, and the only negative experience was a loud biker that came in one day, but the situation was quikly gotten under control. I highly recommend this area for a good relaxing time. Quite laid back atmosphere!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank viking1956
Mossyrock, Washington
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Our first trip here was in 1998, we loved the place so much that we retired here. The resort has seen many wonderful improvements (made by that person called Jerry the Jerk). Jerry is a very hard working manager of a large resort. He likes everyone to enjoy their stay and tries to make that happen. If you want to party, you might consider staying home and make your own neighbors miserable, not a whole resort. If you are set on causing problems and not following the rules, you will meet Jerry and you might not enjoy that meeting. We have stayed at many many rv resorts, and quiet time is always 10:00pm and is enforced. Don't know what makes you folks think you are so special that you don't need to follow rules. Don't like them? Stay home. We love our resort and are very proud of it and how it is maintained. We also love and respect everyone connected with making it a lovely resort.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HugThis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mossyrock
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
Silver Cove RV Resort
Silver Cove RV Resort
#1 of 1 in Silver Lake
Chehalis RV & Camping Resort

Been to Lake Mayfield Marina Resort & RV Park? Share your experiences!