“Beautiful and Amazing Place with all the Touches of Home”
Review of Adytum Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossyrock
Adytum Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 1 Mossyrock B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband and I had a fantastic time at Adytum. The view of the lake is amazing and Kat was so accommodating. We loved the salt water hot tub, making smores in the fire pit, the infrared sauna and the world class homemade breakfast that Kat prepared for us. If you are looking for a relaxing, rejuvenating place to stay, go to Adytum. You leave feeling like part of the family!

Room Tip: The Orion Suite was perfect for a romantic getaway
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melina3838

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I never would have known about this place if not for a Tippr coupon, but I will be back! Such an incredible experience. Every detail was perfect. We stayed in the Orion Suite, which included a private patio with a view of the lakes, a dining area, kitchenette, couch, TV, lots of videos, books and games. A huge two head shower, and the very best part-- an Infared Sauna. This was AMAZING! And we could use it whenever we wanted, right before bed it was the perfect thing to get us to sleep. The outdoor salt water hot tub had a view of the lakes and mountains and was perfect. The house is on 16 acres of land with trails, and there are many state/national parks in driving distance. We didn't even get to try the steam sauna upstairs, but it looked awesome. Kat, our hostess, bent over backwards to accommodate our dietary needs. She prepared vegan and raw dishes for breakfast spreads that were so abundant that we didn't need any food until dinner. The only down side is that there were no other restaurants in the area that could serve the kinds of food we needed, as one of us has serious food allergens. But with the kitchenette in the Orion Suite, you could easily pack in your own food for dinners, and with Kat's breakfasts, you can be assured of premium healthy foods! Kat and her husband were wonderful hosts-- it was a pleasure to run into them, though they gave us lots of privacy. The entire two-night stay was an amazing relaxing healing experience. Highly recommend this retreat!!
The best part of this place wa

Room Tip: Buy your favorite groceries before you arrive nd take advantage of the kitchenette. Not a lot of pl...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank signmeup2
Katcarroll, Owner at Adytum Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

It was such a pleasure getting to know you both! I have to admit...when your request for "raw/vegan" came in with your online reservation, I was challenged to get back into the raw food books on my shelves. You are committed to an amazingly healthy lifestyle which is an inspiration to us all. We are so happy you had your needs met at Adytum, plus had a wonderful memory making experience!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Where do I begin? My trip has just started, and I am in awwww. Breathtaking rooms that coincide with the views. I strongly suggest the O'rion suite, absolutely gorgeous with its own deck and fire pit. Mini-fridge and pantry had goodies, fantastic wine, and even S'mores!!! I hear about the wonderful breakfasts, but haven't even got to that point, and wanted to write such a great review. Arrived in the afternoon and had already picnicked, played a few games of bocce ball, watched a movie, and roasted marshmallows. I'm not sure how else this trip could get any better, but I'm sure Kat and Don, our gracious hosts, will find a way.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Khoffman77
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Adytum is one of my new top 10 "Favorite Places on Earth". I know there are a lot of lovely places on Earth, but there are a few that get into the soul. Adytum was that sort of place to me. Honestly, I don't WANT to write this review, because you may go and decide you love it too and then I may not get to go when I next get the chance. However, I must share, because really, that is true charity.
My darling husband and I stayed in the Orion Suite in early May. What a room. It seemed like each time we wished for something... Poof, there it was: A wide screen LCD HD TV with a Blue Ray Player... yep, we wanted to veg a bit, a Keurig coffee maker for that "oh man I could go for a coffee right now" time, a sauna when Washington springs leave you a bit chilled, a shower you can run laps in, a bed that was SO ULTRA COMFY, a kitchenette with all the comforts of home, a bird book to help identify all the amazing birds that cover the grounds. The breakfasts that Kat made each morning were really wonderful. The sort that made you so happy you had tastebuds, but then left you feeling like you'd eaten well. We had the most amazing muffins and waffles from her gluten free pantry. She's one savvy lady in that kitchen. The coffee was so good, the extras were always perfect to accompany the meal. Really, I'm still thinking about what a great experience breakfast was. Kat is an amazing hostess. She knows when you need something... food, conversation... and she also knows "these people came here to be alone together". Just a beautiful person. Oh... and the carrot cakes she made for our anniversary... SO AMAZING. I bought all the ingredients to try my hand at them.
The grounds... don't miss this part. Take some time to stroll about. You'll see things you've never seen before. Kat and Donn have created a nature sanctuary up on this lovely hill. It's a treat to stroll about. It will quiet your soul and remind you how lucky we are to live on this blessed sphere. Birds, plants, other critters, fungi (I found some cool ones), a rippling creek... all sorts of beauty waiting for you to discover it. I walked for hours... no kidding. The koi pond kept me for a half an hour once, it was mesmerizing.
The infrared sauna was nice. I'd never used one, so I was a bit chicken to stay in for more than 15 min. The steam sauna was AMAZING. The jacuzzi is the sea salt sort. It felt so nourishing. I loved not smelling the chlorine. I just sat there laughing out loud at the pleasure of solitude, hot water, jets of water, and the view over the lake/Cowlitz River. I laughed out loud a lot during our stay, just from the sheer joy of being in this space.
The shared spaces of this B and B are amazing. Just so beautiful, impeccably designed. Windows everywhere, comfortable seating, books EVERYWHERE. Kat and Donn have excellent taste in art and music and both are evident in the place. There is ambient music softly playing in most spaces and it completely adds to the sensation of being in paradise. It's not overbearing like some places one has to visit. Did I forget anything? Oh, and did I mention the view.... stunning. I can't wait to return. Part of my heart is still there. My husband and I keep saying "let's go back to Adytum in our hearts". It just takes us back to a place where we were just together with each other, nature and a piece of peace.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rutabagasrgood
Katcarroll, Owner at Adytum Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Sharing your exalted experience of the destination Adytum in such incredible detail will not only seal the treasured time in your mind, but it will create a deeper, broader experience for each fortunate person who reads this. You are one that truly sees deeply and appreciates the land in minute detail....Since I share a love of the land too, and a commitment to respectful conservation, all the hard hand work (no chems here..) suddenly became light, completely worth every hour on these 16 acres!

And all the care we put into each vignette inside, each nook, was equally enjoyed and appreciated by you both, increasing our pleasure in the creating. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing your pleasure as you lingered over breakfasts, sharing, laughing and making Mmmmm's every few minutes!

This is why we wanted to share this sacred space- because we knew that there were like minded individuals needing the same things we do: to drink deeply from life, sink deep into peace, enjoy a romantic place to reconnect with our lover, ourselves, nature and God...Thank you for taking the time to articulate so very well the impact this piece of heaven on earth has on you!

Reviewed May 9, 2011

My fiance and I went to Adytum for a weekend away before our wedding next month. It was all we wanted, plus so much more. A perfect chance to reconnect, relax and enjoy the beauty surrounding Adytum. Kat and Donn were the most amazing hosts ... and breakfasts were incredible: healthy, fresh and delicious! We're missing it already, and are already planning a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jenwaters

We are so thrilled to know you're coming back for your mini-moon, before Costa Rica! To know that Adytum was the place you most wanted to celebrate the first days of married life, in this peace filled destination, makes us smile! It truly is a place of reconnection and forming lasting, treasured memories of exalted experiences and we are so glad you found it to be everything you wanted, and more...

Reviewed April 13, 2011

This review is long overdue but the memories of such a wonderful experience still burn fresh in my mind. Staying at Adytum was absolutely delightful. Being college students, we were so lucky to have caught a deal on Tippr for a two night stay and with recommendations from Kat, we upgraded to the Orion Suite. I can honestly say that everything about our room, and our overall stay was so perfect. So many thoughtful details went into the Adytum experience. From the Keurig coffee maker, to the Scrabble set readily tucked away in the cabinets, we were truly appreciative of all of the attention that was put into making such a pleasurable experience. The beds were the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in and the steam room is a must try! Kat and Donn are two of the most genuinely kind people we've met and if that doesn't convince you, the delicious organic breakfasts are sure to leave an impression. This was the first bed and breakfast that my boyfriend and I have stayed at and I have to say that it was beyond perfect!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lina_Nk
Reviewed April 9, 2011

When you arrive, you'll know you are some place special! The Adytum is beautiful, and we cherished our time there. Kat is an amazing hostess! She prepared the most mouth watering vegan breakfasts for us. The fresh herbs in our dishes were a treat, and right from their garden! Kat even sent us home with leftovers,her amazing quinoa muffins! The salt water hot tub and the Turkish steam sauna were only a few of the many fabulous amenities they offer! My skin has never looked better, or softer! Speaking of soft, the sheets and tempurpedic pillowtop mattress were divine and made it hard to get out of bed! Having a fireplace in our room did make it easier. If you"re looking for a relaxing and one-of-a-kind experience, you should not hesitate in staying at the Adytum. We plan to make a tradition of it!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carey006

Been to Adytum Sanctuary? Share your experiences!