“I really would like to keep this secret to myself... but I'll share...”
Review of Adytum Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossyrock
Adytum Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 1 Mossyrock B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Adytum is one of my new top 10 "Favorite Places on Earth". I know there are a lot of lovely places on Earth, but there are a few that get into the soul. Adytum was that sort of place to me. Honestly, I don't WANT to write this review, because you may go and decide you love it too and then I may not get to go when I next get the chance. However, I must share, because really, that is true charity.
My darling husband and I stayed in the Orion Suite in early May. What a room. It seemed like each time we wished for something... Poof, there it was: A wide screen LCD HD TV with a Blue Ray Player... yep, we wanted to veg a bit, a Keurig coffee maker for that "oh man I could go for a coffee right now" time, a sauna when Washington springs leave you a bit chilled, a shower you can run laps in, a bed that was SO ULTRA COMFY, a kitchenette with all the comforts of home, a bird book to help identify all the amazing birds that cover the grounds. The breakfasts that Kat made each morning were really wonderful. The sort that made you so happy you had tastebuds, but then left you feeling like you'd eaten well. We had the most amazing muffins and waffles from her gluten free pantry. She's one savvy lady in that kitchen. The coffee was so good, the extras were always perfect to accompany the meal. Really, I'm still thinking about what a great experience breakfast was. Kat is an amazing hostess. She knows when you need something... food, conversation... and she also knows "these people came here to be alone together". Just a beautiful person. Oh... and the carrot cakes she made for our anniversary... SO AMAZING. I bought all the ingredients to try my hand at them.
The grounds... don't miss this part. Take some time to stroll about. You'll see things you've never seen before. Kat and Donn have created a nature sanctuary up on this lovely hill. It's a treat to stroll about. It will quiet your soul and remind you how lucky we are to live on this blessed sphere. Birds, plants, other critters, fungi (I found some cool ones), a rippling creek... all sorts of beauty waiting for you to discover it. I walked for hours... no kidding. The koi pond kept me for a half an hour once, it was mesmerizing.
The infrared sauna was nice. I'd never used one, so I was a bit chicken to stay in for more than 15 min. The steam sauna was AMAZING. The jacuzzi is the sea salt sort. It felt so nourishing. I loved not smelling the chlorine. I just sat there laughing out loud at the pleasure of solitude, hot water, jets of water, and the view over the lake/Cowlitz River. I laughed out loud a lot during our stay, just from the sheer joy of being in this space.
The shared spaces of this B and B are amazing. Just so beautiful, impeccably designed. Windows everywhere, comfortable seating, books EVERYWHERE. Kat and Donn have excellent taste in art and music and both are evident in the place. There is ambient music softly playing in most spaces and it completely adds to the sensation of being in paradise. It's not overbearing like some places one has to visit. Did I forget anything? Oh, and did I mention the view.... stunning. I can't wait to return. Part of my heart is still there. My husband and I keep saying "let's go back to Adytum in our hearts". It just takes us back to a place where we were just together with each other, nature and a piece of peace.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rutabagasrgood
Katcarroll, Owner at Adytum Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Sharing your exalted experience of the destination Adytum in such incredible detail will not only seal the treasured time in your mind, but it will create a deeper, broader experience for each fortunate person who reads this. You are one that truly sees deeply and appreciates the land in minute detail....Since I share a love of the land too, and a commitment to respectful conservation, all the hard hand work (no chems here..) suddenly became light, completely worth every hour on these 16 acres!

And all the care we put into each vignette inside, each nook, was equally enjoyed and appreciated by you both, increasing our pleasure in the creating. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing your pleasure as you lingered over breakfasts, sharing, laughing and making Mmmmm's every few minutes!

This is why we wanted to share this sacred space- because we knew that there were like minded individuals needing the same things we do: to drink deeply from life, sink deep into peace, enjoy a romantic place to reconnect with our lover, ourselves, nature and God...Thank you for taking the time to articulate so very well the impact this piece of heaven on earth has on you!

Reviewed May 9, 2011

My fiance and I went to Adytum for a weekend away before our wedding next month. It was all we wanted, plus so much more. A perfect chance to reconnect, relax and enjoy the beauty surrounding Adytum. Kat and Donn were the most amazing hosts ... and breakfasts were incredible: healthy, fresh and delicious! We're missing it already, and are already planning a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jenwaters

We are so thrilled to know you're coming back for your mini-moon, before Costa Rica! To know that Adytum was the place you most wanted to celebrate the first days of married life, in this peace filled destination, makes us smile! It truly is a place of reconnection and forming lasting, treasured memories of exalted experiences and we are so glad you found it to be everything you wanted, and more...

Reviewed April 13, 2011

This review is long overdue but the memories of such a wonderful experience still burn fresh in my mind. Staying at Adytum was absolutely delightful. Being college students, we were so lucky to have caught a deal on Tippr for a two night stay and with recommendations from Kat, we upgraded to the Orion Suite. I can honestly say that everything about our room, and our overall stay was so perfect. So many thoughtful details went into the Adytum experience. From the Keurig coffee maker, to the Scrabble set readily tucked away in the cabinets, we were truly appreciative of all of the attention that was put into making such a pleasurable experience. The beds were the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in and the steam room is a must try! Kat and Donn are two of the most genuinely kind people we've met and if that doesn't convince you, the delicious organic breakfasts are sure to leave an impression. This was the first bed and breakfast that my boyfriend and I have stayed at and I have to say that it was beyond perfect!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lina_Nk
Reviewed April 9, 2011

When you arrive, you'll know you are some place special! The Adytum is beautiful, and we cherished our time there. Kat is an amazing hostess! She prepared the most mouth watering vegan breakfasts for us. The fresh herbs in our dishes were a treat, and right from their garden! Kat even sent us home with leftovers,her amazing quinoa muffins! The salt water hot tub and the Turkish steam sauna were only a few of the many fabulous amenities they offer! My skin has never looked better, or softer! Speaking of soft, the sheets and tempurpedic pillowtop mattress were divine and made it hard to get out of bed! Having a fireplace in our room did make it easier. If you"re looking for a relaxing and one-of-a-kind experience, you should not hesitate in staying at the Adytum. We plan to make a tradition of it!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carey006
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This review is long overdue. My boyfriend set up a weekend here a couple of months ago for my birthday and it was so so special. The property is up on a hill overlooking 2 lakes, we got there a little late and it was foggy and starting to snow so we couldn't see the lakes right away but I caught a glimpse of it later in the early morning. Kat and Donn welcomed us into their home and gave us a tour of all the gorgeous common area. The one thing i loved the most about this place is that there are tons of books and dvds in every little nook. you can browse all the different selections, pick up a good book and just unwind. I think I read on their website that they wanted Adytum to be a place were couples can come to reconnect, and they have set up the perfect environment for that. We got to our suite, the Orion, and were treated with a nice surprise of champagne on ice and Kat made us 2 of her famous carrot cakes and one of the cakes even had a candle on it for my birthday! The carrot cake was by far the best carrot cake. The suit itself was amazing (loved all the details!). i love love love how the pantry and kitchen area was well stocked with everything we could ever need; from hot chocolate, to popcorn, to even a wine bottle stopper for our leftover wine. We literally did not need to leave the room for anything. The hot sauna in the room was a treat too. In the morning, Kat brought us our breakfast in our room. She is a great cook and we had a wonderful spread of food. There was frittata, roasted potatoes, banana muffins (I couldn't get enough of these), home made maple butter for the muffins, orange juice, apple juice and coffee. It's been months since we were here but I can still taste every bite. We were so happy with our overall experience. We will be back and will be telling all our friends and anyone else to come here. Thank you Kat and Donn for the great hospitality!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chynalyne
Katcarroll, Owner at Adytum Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

What a memory for details you have! Thank you for your amazing post sharing your experience at Adytum so others can get a feeling for what they are in for...Like I told our last guests - here to reconnect and driving in from Seattle for a long weekend - "You have no idea how much I love anticipating the arrival of each new guest/couple!" I loved transforming your suite into a romantic love nest, where you'd only need to emerge from your fantasy if you wanted to...I loved making the special carrot cakes and the breakfast for you both. It makes me feel wonderful that you'd take the time to remember everything so well, and write it down for us all.

We have a referral program in place now: for each friend referred who books, it is 20% back to you both to use toward another Adytum adventure. If you refer 5 friends, you will have a free night's stay. Adytum will become a ritual in the lives of many...a place of peace to restore us to ourselves, to our lover and to nature. I can't wait for your next visit to share the changes we've created to enhance your experience! Thanks once again for your very kind words....it blesses us so much.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

My husband and I love staying in B&Bs. We try to stay in them when we travel or need a quiet weekend retreat. This is by far the best bed and breakfast we've ever stayed in! We were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and we could not have chosen a more romantic place to go. The property was remote and spacious - our dog came with us and loved it. The view of the sunset was magnificent! Kat's attention to detail and fabulous cooking skills made us feel like royalty. The suite was fully stocked with coffee, tea, wine, and all kinds of healthy snacks. After relaxing in the hot tub we cuddled up on the sofa by the fire. The linens, the decor, the bedding - even the shampoo - was top notch. The breakfast the next morning was superb. Our entire experience was perfect - I would not have changed one thing. Kat and Don are delightful hosts who truly care about their guests. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SeamAW1
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I was pleased from the booking of my reservation to right up until we left! Kat is a wonderful hostess, who strikes a balance between checking on you and giving you privacy. Breakfasts were positively stellar; this was key since I'm a major foodie. Our pantry was stocked with substantial amounts of organic goodies to snack on. We enjoyed serenity in the outdoor hot tub; a spa treat in the Turkish sauna; and all the comforts of home (huge TV/wireless/movies, etc.) Mt. Ranier and Mt. St. Helens are nearby, giving you great day trip opportunities, too.

If you need to get away from it all, this place is everything you need for a memorable retreat. I just don't have enough superlatives...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpayNeuter
Katcarroll, Owner at Adytum Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

We're so glad that you enjoyed your time at Adytum! It was amazing to watch her work her magic on you both, and when you decided to cancel day trips to either of the great mountains and just relax here, I knew you'd made a great choice all the way around. Vacations can be exhausting in some respects and you crafted the perfect balance in your decisions.

A great retreat is only satisfying if it's shared with wonderful guests...You two are an amazing couple! I know we'll see you again...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mossyrock
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Silver Lake
Paradise RV Campground
Paradise RV Campground
#1 of 2 in Silver Creek

Been to Adytum Sanctuary? Share your experiences!