“Just okay”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Moses Lake
Portland, Oregon
“Just okay”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I travel frequently for business; usually on a weekly basis. I chose this hotel because it was right on the lake. The view was incredible.
The hotel, however, was very average. I was in a king suite with a jacuzzi and it was... unremarkable. It smelled faintly of smoke, even though it is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. The bed linens were extremely thin and towels were scratchy and uncomfortable.
Food was alright... The first night I was there I ordered the crab stuffed chicken, which was good until I came across some bones in the food. Not very appetizing!
It could be an amazing place with it's location right on the lake, but it desperately needs updating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were enroute to Spokane from Vancouver and this seemed like a convenient rest stop. I wish we had continued a little further east to the next off ramp where there are better hotels.

Front desk staff was indifferent at best. When I called to say we could not get a WiFi signal in our room, she just said Oh Well. Bedding doesn't include a bedspread or duvet, just a sheet on top of a thin blanket. At least it was clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shovel_72

Travelers are raving about these Moses Lake hotels

Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was booked to stay for 7 nights at the end of January. This was one of the least inviting and satisfying motels I've stayed. If you are here for a couple of nights only, it may be satisfactory. Starting with the basics, the toilet tissue was a thin and rough as I've ever seen in a hotel, towels and washcloths very rough. It appeared as if the linen was changed daily, instead of being hung up for use to save water. I didn't have a comforter on top of my bed, and should have asked for one, but I had brought my own blanket. Being at other Best Westerns, I thought the room fridge would be big enough for me to have snacks and some meals for a few days. The fridge may have been 1 cubic foot. It was cold as a tomb, as it is an old concrete block construction and maintains the outside 24 degree cold. I had to have socks or slippers on my feet to get out of bed. The hallways were not heated. The heat in my room was either on, or off. Breakfast is Ok if you are only staying for a couple of days. But, it was very limited to a server cooking scrambled eggs or an omelet, dry kids cereal, bland bread, stale croussants, and unappetizing looking muffins. Fruit was cut watermelon (out of season?) and very thin slices of orange that looked to be garnishes on a meal plate. Or, fruit juices. The WiFi was slow and spotty, the listed cable channels didn't match what was on the big box TV and the business center computer is very old.
I did provide an on-line review

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamela P
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a good hotel. Clean room, good mattress, nice furnishings. No weird things like a coffee-maker in the bathroom. The highlight was the breakfast which included a custom-made omelette, as well as a few nice pastries. The biggest problem was the wi-fi, which worked for 15 minutes at 10pm and even at 8am was not available. For me this is getting to be a deal-breaker; I'd rather do without a TV or phone than without internet. Hopefully Best Western will get on this as it's a problem at many of their properties. I'll switch to another loyalty program if I know the franchisor is committed to high-speed internet.

Room Tip: There's no elevator to the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ben324
GM_MosesLake, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Front Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you kindly for writing us a review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give some feedback on your stay with us. I’m very happy to read that you found the place to be a clean and that we met your expectations. I’m particularly delighted that our complimentary omelet at breakfast and pastries were enjoyable, giving you a fresh start to your day. However, I am definitely disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been and that you had an issue with Internet connection. On behalf of the Management and the rest of our entire team please accept our sincere apology. Please be assured this information will be immediately brought to the attention of our technical support team.
We urge all of our guests facing any problems with connectivity to alert the front desk know right away so that we may find a solution and get you connected as soon as possible. We understand how extremely important it is to be connected and our Wi-Fi is of utmost priority to us. We are committed to providing high-speed Internet to all of our valued guests. Occasionally, some problems can be beyond our control. However, once brought to the attention of our staff, we always do our best to deal with the issue. We truly do appreciate your business. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may have chance to provide you with a superior experience and redeem ourselves.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Front desk service was outstanding. Knowledgeable and helpful front desk staff. An overnight stay while traveling through town - good value for the price. They can do some work in the exercise room and perhaps not use it as a semi-storage room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GM_MosesLake, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Front Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you kindly for taking time to write a review about your experience at the Best Western Moses Lake. We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with the service and helpfulness of our staff. I’m particularly delighted that you are content with the value for the price. I will definitely share your compliments with the staff. We are committed to providing the highest level of friendly, responsive service in order to make all of our guests feel welcome and well cared for. We look forward to welcoming you back again!!!
Medical Lake, WA
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Checked into this hotel. It smelled like urine. The wi-fi did not work. I immediately asked for a refund which I did receive. Front desk was professional and helped out. Went and stayed at the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM_MosesLake, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Front Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I assure you that guest rooms as well as our public areas are routinely and thoroughly inspected. Our hotel employs a daily housekeeping checklist, which requires that all carpets be inspected for holes, tears, burns, puckering, smells and cleanness. Weather it is needed or not all of our carpets are shampooed on a quarterly basis as part of our deep cleaning program. If it is required our housekeeping dept simply requests maintenance to shampoo carpets. No ifs, ands or buts about it!!

We understand how extremely important Internet connectivity is for ordinary people as well as business people. We have great tech support and providing the highest quality of Internet service is a priority on our premises.

I’m happy to hear, that you were pleased with the professionalism and helpfulness of our staff. Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback.