“A Great Meal, a Little Music-Good Enough for a Winter Evening”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Description: (509) 764-2275
Description: (509) 764-2275
Moses Lake, Washington
“A Great Meal, a Little Music-Good Enough for a Winter Evening”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We don't venture far from the comfy couch on Saturday nights. We actually don't venture far from the comfy couch on any other nights either. But, knowing The Links Steakhouse was trying to do something a little different with live music on Saturday night, we dedicated the entire day to sitting on the comfy couch and then went out to dinner. Definitely living on the wild side. I did wear my slippers, but I count that as rebelliousness, not age induced behavior.
We used to be regulars at The Links, back when we were eating out regularly. It has since had its moments of glory and not so much glory, but our dinner on this evening swung definitely to the glory side. A very tasty spinach artichoke dip appetizer came on the heels of some good local wine. A nice portion of salad complete with glazed walnuts, both mine and my wife's as her tongue doesn't handle them well, came next. Just enough, fresh, and something to do while we listened to the music. The music is a nice touch. Great to see local folks, one's with real day jobs, enjoying themselves creating entertainment for our hardy band of intrepid diners.
We've been married a long time, so it is not unusual for us to order the same things when we eat out. This is particularly true when prime rib is on the menu. Years ago we'd order different portion sizes, not so much any more. The smallest cut, medium, with maybe some differences in potato garnishes. Living on the wild side. The meat was tender, maybe a touch too pink for medium, but that is my safety net order so if it get's a bit too pink, it is what I really enjoy. Nice texture to the meat and an appealing saltiness to the crust or whatever you call the outside of the portion. The potato was the right size, cooked well and just enough butter to do the job. My wife did the full meal deal on her's and she was happy. Three crisp stalks of asparagus, a few morsels of broccoli, and it was dinner.
The service was good, with lots of check-ins but no annoying introductions with too much information. Our server kept on eye on us without being underfoot. Definitely a plus.
Most important, the folks at The Steakhouse are trying hard. Kudos to Liz Porter for working her magic to get us off the couch. Might have to do it again, as long as I can wear my slippers.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank EZWash

Eastern Washington
“What happened to this place??”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

So this was my favorite local steakhouse for years. They had a superb salad and rolls that make my mouth water just thinking about them. Nice location, good wait staff, great cocktails, and once upon a time amazing steaks (amongst other things). However the last couple times we went have been TERRIBLE (and it is rare I consider food terrible). The salad I had been craving for months was so salty is was literally inedible. The rolls we received were hard (obviously not fresh like usual). My husband's steak was chewy and his food had also been over-seasoned to the point of having to be sent back. His round two plate, whilst better, was still inferior to the quality this steakhouse usually has. We tried going again a few months later and had a similar experience. I heard there was a change in management at some point, so maybe that explains that drop in food quality? I will probably try going back one more time this summer, as I used to love the food so much that I keep telling myself that we just happened to go on a few bad days. If I go back and the food is improved I will obviously change my review, but sadly for now I am not happy with this place.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Outerspace_Andrea
Boise, Idaho
“Great Food, wasn't impressed by the hostess”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were at this restaurant for a special event, and our group had rented a banquet area. The food was very good. Quite tasty, served hot, and very enjoyable. No complaints there at all!

However...........the tables for our group, which was about 50 people, were all placed too close together. It was very hard to move around once people were seated without disrupting someone else's meal by asking them to move so you could get out! The staff really needed to give us a bit more room for our event. The server was very nice, and quite personable. I liked him very much. However...........our event included an awards presentation, and during this presentation the hostess came in and started taking down the buffet. This would have been fine if the buffet was in the back of the room, but it was in the front of the room, right behind where the host of our event was trying to hand out awards and congratulate members of our party. It was quite distracting. The hostess even folded up the banquet/serving tables while our host was speaking, and he had to step out of her way. Really unprofessional!

Overall, this venue is very nice. The view is gorgeous, with the lake stretching out into the distance. For the area, it is THE place for special events. It was too bad that this one staff member took a bit of the shine off of the evening.

Visited June 2013
Moses Lake, Washington
“Be sure to eat on the patio!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My friend and I had their excellent prime rib, with encrusted baked potatoes and a lovely salad. The lavender was in bloom, which enhanced the experience of overlooking the lake and gave the perfect background to a fabulous meal and above average wine selection. This is a place to treat friends, or have a romantic dinner. In shorts or in dinner wear, you're still treated like royalty.

Visited May 2012
Spokane, Washington
“After Golf Dining”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Since you are already at the golf course, very nice to stay and have some relaxation after your round. Also a great evening venue for a meal and views. Did have to replace one chef though.

Visited September 2012