“Great Place for the Price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmeriStay Inn Moses Lake

AmeriStay Inn Moses Lake
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Moses Lake
Kennewick, Washington
“Great Place for the Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

As a certified BBQ judge with the PNWBA I visit a variety of places throughout the Pacific North West. As a volunteer I pay my own expenses and I'm always looking for an inexpensive place to stay but I still want clean, quiet and safety. This facility offers all three and a free breakfast to boot. The Inn is kind of tucked into the back of a large parking lot so you have to watch carefully for it. My room was very clean and comfortable. I got a non-smoking room on the second floor. I always take the top floor because I'm unwilling to deal with someone in the room overhead stomping around or kids running around loose overhead.

Anyway, they were able to accommodate me and the room was truly a non-smoking one. Not one of those wanna-b rooms where they just call it non-smoking today but yesterday and for the past 2 years it was a smoking room. I absolutely hate that stinking sour odor that hits you in the face the moment you open the door. No matter this place was great!

There is a nice indoor pool which looks very clean from what I saw and is just offf the lobby. Lots of folks were enjoying it while I was there. The reception desk was manned by a very polite, helpful and friendly young lady who had me checked in quickly and hassle free.

I have to comment of the free breakfast. They provide the usual obligatory cold cereal and the provervial waffel maker but they also have chaffing dishes with small egg omlets stuffed with ham and cheese and another with real Biscuits and sausage gravy yummm! They offer the BEST free breakfast I've ever seen in a place with this price point. Good job team!

Overall I'd say add this Inn to your list of options if you're ever traveling alon I-90 through Moses Lake, WA and need a place to stay. The

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor and at the back of the house away from any traffic noise. Not th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank James S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I made a last minute decision to travel to Moses Lake. I original thought was to camp. But as I was losing my race with darkness. 2 hours away I called for a room. All AmeriStay had were smoking rooms. I took one. I am not a smoker. You could have fooled me that this was a smoking room. A trace of smoke inthe hall corridor. I very faint hint in the room, if that. I decided to stay another night and even though they had a non-smoking room available, I chose to stay in the room I had.

Good breakfast the next morning. Eggs, sausage, make your own waffle.

Stay here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ponch H
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I took our dog to Moses Lake to visit family. The breakfast was awesome. The belgaim waffles were great, biscuits and gravy, omelets, sausage patties, cereal, crossants and more. It was really hot there and I was able to leave my dog in our room while we ran some errands. The people were very nice. I will definetely stay here again in a heart beat. The rooms were very clean. The only negative is you can smell cigarettes in the hallways.

Room Tip: Pick this hotel. I did alot of research on the other hotels in this town and this is the one that h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wanda M
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

the stay was fantastic. The breakfast is now a hot breakfast with omelette, sausage, and biscuits and gravy, waffles.
They have multiple choices for juice ( orange, grape, strawberry-kiwi etc).

They have fresh baked cookies at night and a newspaper in the morning.

I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank David N
Montesano, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

The staff here is so helpful! I have never been to a more generous or friendly hotel. The manager James and his wife were here upon our late arrival and helped us to feel very comfortable-it was like making new friends. The morning staff helped me to try and locate my lost cell phone cord and even shuttled us to our destination. We will come here again and stay for 3 nights next week and I am looking forward to it. If there were a 10 star rating for this hotel I would give it to them. You will not be dissapointed! Thanks James and family:)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Langley B.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the end of July. The staff were helpful and polite, rooms were very clean, and in great condition. The continental breakfast was awesome ,food was freshly prepared and the waffle machines are a great addition!
The location isn't right near the lake, but it's only a 5 minute drive to the lake and even less to shopping! We will definitely stay here again. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

We didn't have a chance to stay there even though we had a guaranteed King size non smoking room. We showed up at 9:00 pm and all they had left was smoking rooms because they were over booked and had given all their non smoking rooms away! Excuse me - obviously guaranteed reservation means nothing! They could have upgraded us to a suite but the head girl on duty wouldn't do it. So much for customer service. Very disappointed since many of our friends and family are staying there. Oh well, their competition just got our business!!!

• Stayed June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vickilf
roadwarrior060, General Manager at AmeriStay Inn Moses Lake, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Just wanted to let everyone know that the hotel management has spoken with this customer and resolved the situation. Unfortunately mistakes do happen, and it is important to the AmeriStay Inn & Suites that on the rare occasion they do we make the situation right. I am confident if you asked her about the hotel now, you would receive a positive review.